Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    that did it! turning off autosync on versamail seems to fix it!
    arg... no.. worked once.. but not now...
    Just as I expected, a hard reset fixed the problem. I'm going to just install things one at a time and figure out what it is.
    I thought my Versamail crashes might be 3rd party programs. But, I did not have many "memory resident" 3rd party programs. Actually only two McPhling and a Butler trial. Turning those off did not seem to make any difference. Snappermail seems to be working fine so far.. will have to register.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrgr
    That 00000000000 thing with the voice mail has happened like 20 times for me also.. Mine also dialed some international numbers as well

chrisrgr,

Same thing is happening to me. I was able to edit the voicemail access
    number but it continues to freeze up. I did talk to PlamOne people
    three times but they are clueless.
    Darn, I'm already on my second Treo 650 and they are sending me a
    third one. Hope someone finds a fix for this problem. T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingteddy
    chrisrgr,

Same thing is happening to me. I was able to edit the voicemail access
    number but it continues to freeze up. I did talk to PlamOne people
    three times but they are clueless.
    Darn, I'm already on my second Treo 650 and they are sending me a
    third one. Hope someone finds a fix for this problem. T.T

Same issue here... I'm was wondering if it's just me. Guess not. Voicemail number resets itself to a random number (generally not a telephone number, just a bunch of zeros followed by a random string of numbers, although sometimes it will reset to an actual voicemail number). This happens several times/day.

This seems to be the only problem currently. Phone was a bit unstable at first, but that seems to have resolved itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefokes
    Same issue here... I'm was wondering if it's just me. Guess not. Voicemail number resets itself to a random number (generally not a telephone number, just a bunch of zeros followed by a random string of numbers, although sometimes it will reset to an actual voicemail number). This happens several times/day.

This seems to be the only problem currently. Phone was a bit unstable at first, but that seems to have resolved itself.
    Same issue for me as well. Cingular nor palmone seem to know how to change it back to the correct number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefokes

A few hours ago, I called Cingular customer support to check up on the
    order status for my 3rd Treo 650 and I accidently got transfered to
    Internal tech support for Cingular employees only. I had a long conversation
    about Treo 650 with this knowledgeable person. Fact that the Treo 650 is
    so new, he didn't have ways to fix it for me but I did explain how the phone is
    grabing different voicemail access number. After 30 mins. of discussion I was
    asked if I'm willing to do a 3-way calling with another tech guy who's known
    as PDA Wiz. in that tech support dept. In the end, they suggested me to
    try different Sim Card. I don't know how much it will help but it's worth a
    try I say!
    Well if this helps, I thought I was lucky bought Treo 1 650 last week. This treo has never had a reset never had voicemail problem, I bought Treo #2 650 today. Both Cingular. There was a guy who bought Treo 650 next to me, his was doing it (00000000067...) in the store so I think he had nothing installed.

I did install things but Treo 2 won't dial voice mail. It did prompt me once for the number, when I entered it, it still was messed up the same as all yours. I put the sim in my 600 worked perfect.
    Interesting

1st test. I switched sim cards. Still same Treo #2 messed up dialing Sprint long distance, Treo #1 dialing wrong voicemail number but not the 000000 thing, it is dialing the voice mail number from the old sim. Treo 2 has a ported number.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Well if this helps, I thought I was lucky bought Treo 1 650 last week. This treo has never had a reset never had voicemail problem, I bought Treo #2 650 today. Both Cingular. There was a guy who bought Treo 650 next to me, his was doing it (00000000067...) in the store so I think he had nothing installed.

I did install things but Treo 2 won't dial voice mail. It did prompt me once for the number, when I entered it, it still was messed up the same as all yours. I put the sim in my 600 worked perfect.

Hi,
    Looks like Treo 650 does not like 64K sim chip.
    I wonder if 32K sim chip will work on Treo 650?
    I'm gonna try to take my Treo 650 to local
    corporate store tomorrow.
    Good luck guys!
    Well, there is something strange going on. I traded my old chips in, so my Treo 1 has been operating flawlessly with the new 64K chip. Treo 2 not. Treo 600 still works flawlessly with 64K chip.

So I decided to test theory 2 but I didn't get a chance.

Treo 1#, that has been working flawlessly for 5 days now, has not one reset. I was going to hard reset them both and trade data and back up files. I never got that far. When I hard reset treo #1 without putting anything on it, it now does the voicemail 000000000 thing.

So now I have two Treo doing the same thing. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!
    I'm using my 32k attws sim from my gsm attws 600 on my attws 650 and no voicemail issues here
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Eureka! This is what I did, hopefully it helps all of you with this same issue. Remember I had 1 perfect 650 GSM and 1 with voicemail 0000000000 problem.
    Then I had two with the 000000 problem, now they are both fixed.

I hard reset, holding power tapping reset holding until the b/w palm logo showed and let go. ( i know u know this) I didn't try to tap voicemail because when I did it did the 00000000 thing again. Instead I powered on the phone and waited until network was found and edited voicemail button (Don't Press it first), I entered in my passcode and #. It worked on both Treo 1 and 2 and have tried dialing voice mail many times. No more 00000's

Don't wait long to edit voicemail button or sim will load it.
    Eureka! This is what I did, hopefully it helps all of you with this same issue. Remember I had 1 perfect 650 GSM and 1 with voicemail 0000000000 problem.
    Then I had two with the 000000 problem, now they are both fixed.

I hard reset, holding power tapping reset holding until the b/w palm logo showed and let go. ( i know u know this) I didn't try to tap voicemail because when I did it did the 00000000 thing again. Instead I powered on the phone and waited until network was found and edited voicemail button (Don't Press it first), I entered in my passcode and #. It worked on both Treo 1 and 2 and have tried dialing voice mail many times. No more 00000's

Don't wait long to edit voicemail button or sim will load it.

Good finding!
    However, I'm thinking if you have to soft reset for some reasons,
    it will loose the voicemail access number again. I'm gonna try to
    do the hard reset myself.

Thanks
    Ok, this is driving me nuts. What seems to be happening is after a hard reset the sim card has not yet loaded the number into the Treo. When it does load it, it gets corrupted. Even though I can successfully fix it. Both Treos now corrupt after awhile. Sometimes they are both dialing the same numbers.
    Ok, this is driving me nuts. What seems to be happening is after a hard reset the sim card has not yet loaded the number into the Treo. When it does load it, it gets corrupted. Even though I can successfully fix it. Both Treos now corrupt after awhile. Sometimes they are both dialing the same numbers.
    cglaguna,
    I'm beginning to think that it's cuased by 64k sim card
    64K sim card may appear to be working normally but
    looks like it's causing unknown problems. For instance,
    my SE T637 after inserting 64K sim, whenever I try to
    use GPRS it will disable the phone function completely
    and GPRS won't work properly once in a while.
    I don't have spare 32K sim but try it if you have one.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingteddy
    cglaguna,
    I'm beginning to think that it's cuased by 64k sim card
    64K sim card may appear to be working normally but
    looks like it's causing unknown problems. For instance,
    my SE T637 after inserting 64K sim, whenever I try to
    use GPRS it will disable the phone function completely
    and GPRS won't work properly once in a while.
    I don't have spare 32K sim but try it if you have one.

Good Luck!
    I have to but both have been deactivated andI think they can't reactivate them. the Treo 650 instructions say that it needs the 64k sim that it is a different voltage, but I agree with you, the sim card is at fault. As I told you it was working perfectly prior for almost a week. I am wondering if a hard or a soft reset destroys the card.
    cglaguna,
    Based on my experience, it seems that Treo 650 fails to retain voicemail access
    number after soft reset. I'm gonna pay a visit to local Cingular corp. store tomorrow
    morning. At this point neither Cingular nor PalmOne have slightest clue on what they
    are doing. I'm just gonna walk into the store and ask them about the differences
    between 32k and 64k that could possible cause this frustrating problem.
    Okay, my last post til morning when I can test further. This is my latest experiment. Rather than keep resetting my phone. I pulled the sim out and replaced it with a non working sim or no sim and turn on the phone. Edit the speed dial number and shut off the phone. put the sim in and as soon as the phone gets the signal immediately go into edit phone number and put in the right phone number. Leave it open for 40 seconds or more. OK out of it and immediately dial your voicemail and leave it going for a minute. Hang up, for the last hour both my phones are holding the voicemail number correctly.

My philosphy is that by leaving the edit window open and/or listening to voicemail prevents the sim from overwriting the voice mail field. I think that the sim card is overfilling the field causing the corruption of the voicemail number.

(Just a mad scientist trying to get this stupid thing to work)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast