Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just checked the Cingular site, and when you click on a phone, choose a voice plan and then are presented with optional features, the Mediaworks plan for $19.99 includes 1000 text messages, unlimited MMS and 3MB of internet with $0.01 for every kb over that.

OUCH!!!!
    glad I signed up for it a few weeks ago
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    glad I signed up for it a few weeks ago
    Yeah...they had better not pull a bait and switch on us early MW adopters and start charging us for data over 3MB too...
    highly doubtful, it seems assumed that if you get a plan/feature that offers so and so, you are grandfathered regardless of what future changes are made to the plan/feature.

atleast, that's the conclusion I've drawn from reading many threads on hofo
  6.    #6  
    I dont know..... it sure feels like they plan to stick it to us....
    Well I hope not. I just got back with Cingular last week and got the MW as part of my package. I used to be with Pacific Bell from 95 to when they changed their name to Cingular. They kept me on the PacBell plan untill they started with this roll over crap. At the time the plans sucked, they have gotten better but not by much. The point is Cingular should grandfather you in untill your contract is up, thats when they start hounding you to upgrade to another plan so they can get rid of whatever you are on.
    Uh .. I can almost guarantee you they aren't going to grandfather you At least not more then the first months bill. Your user agreement gives Cingular the right to change services and pricing at will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dster
    How many times do we need these threads started by people who can't read, and continued by drama queens?

https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase

MEDia Works
    Unlimited data
    $19.99/month

no joke. just bookmark it if you haven't purchased yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    highly doubtful, it seems assumed that if you get a plan/feature that offers so and so, you are grandfathered regardless of what future changes are made to the plan/feature.

atleast, that's the conclusion I've drawn from reading many threads on hofo

this is how it usually works, but becarful when you make changes to your account. they try to ungrandfather you.

i lost 300 sms messages from t-mo when i "upgraded" to the 1000 minute plan. they didnt mention it, and when i noticed it, they could not give it back because it was no longer available.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    dster,

Just because they haven't updated that page doesn't mean anything. Go try and order a new phone you will see the changed data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    this is how it usually works, but becarful when you make changes to your account. they try to ungrandfather you.

i lost 300 sms messages from t-mo when i "upgraded" to the 1000 minute plan. they didnt mention it, and when i noticed it, they could not give it back because it was no longer available.
    The same thing happened to me when I got my Treo 180 & switched from T-Mobile's 1MB for $3 to the unlimited for $20.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    dster,

Just because they haven't updated that page doesn't mean anything. Go try and order a new phone you will see the changed data plan.
    Wow, I'm really getting tired of these discussions.

http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase

"MEdia packages are not offered while placing your order. "

EDIT: ok, I admit that it's strange that the MEdia works as advertised for new customers vs. existing customers are different. To really test this, we need a guinea pig who will sign up and THEN pick the unlimited works package. I have no idea what the deal is.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

http://onlinestoree.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm

If you would take a minute to go through the first few steps of placing an order, you would see that these packages are available while placing orders. At the point where you can add the option, if you click on "Media Works," another window will come up showing you an updated version of the table you are referring to. This updated table lists Media Works as including 3MB.
    This is the new window that I was referring to.

That is SUCULAR for you.
    Go TMo
    Go TMo
    Go TMo
    Dancing........
    I think he might be right. Goto Cingular and shop for one of the cheap phones. Add a voice plan and then on the next page when it gives you the option to add MW, look at the description it gives you.

**EDIT** I see I lost the race http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif
  19.    #19  
    Im on the phone right now with Cingular tech support cause my MMS wasnt working right, and I asked her about this, and she said her system is showing MediaWorks with unlimited data and 1500 messages. She had to take off my Mediaworks and readd it so I wanted to make sure. Geeez, that website sure is confusing.
    Hmmm I added it when I placed my order last week online.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast