Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    From the PalmOne site though, ordering a Cingular 650 will give you the "good" MediaWorks plan:

http://staff.pop3now.com/alee/mediaworks-p1.jpg
    Well looks like I'm going to get screwed again by PalmOne and Cingular....I was all ready to order the unlocked 650 today, since my work said they would pay half of it then the price went up $100.

Now Cingular screws me....I just signed up for a new account today at 6pm EST on the Nation 850 and Media Works. now they are going to screw me on the Unlimited Internet.

BTW...Anybody with a Media Works and Cingular account tell me what there online account says for the Media Works feature? Does it say unlimited data?

PS...Long time reader first time poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    That is SUCULAR for you.
    Go TMo
    Go TMo
    Go TMo
    Dancing........
    T-Mobile certainly has faults (like taking forever to release new phones), but I love 'em!!
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    From the PalmOne site though, ordering a Cingular 650 will give you the "good" MediaWorks plan:
    There you go....problem solved. At least in my experience w/ cell carriers, they always grandfather you into whatever plan you started w/, unless you change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    T-Mobile certainly has faults (like taking forever to release new phones), but I love 'em!!
    And the data, i wish it was a bit faster.
    Wifi sled for T650 will solve that problem to a major extent.
    Keep checking Enfora.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    And the data, i wish it was a bit faster.
    Wifi sled for T650 will solve that problem to a major extent.
    Keep checking Enfora.com
    Yeah, that would be nice. They also took away my free SMS msging when I went from the 1MB for $3 to unlimited for $20. I'm thinking I'll likely get an SDIO for WiFi. I just wish there were drivers for the SanDisk (& that there was a 1GB version).
  7. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Just so we have proof if/when they try to switch our unlimited data plans on us:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #28  
    Well, the good news is that the plan was still unlimited. The bad news is that whatever she did on her computer my Treo data doesnt work anymore. Phone works, but it wont connect at all. It was working just fine. I called back and they can't figure it out. Geez louise.
    But how long will it be unlimited?
    I've jus signed up for MEdia Works 2 days ago, and because of these posts I've called Cingular several times. They assured me (Assurance by Cingular is worthless, right?) that I'm on the unlimited MW for $19.95. But I'm still gonna dump Cingular because they are liars and because their tech support really sucks, more so than Sprint.
    I ordered the $19.99 Mediaworks, unlimited internet, with my Cingular 650 yesterday without any problems. What I had a problem with was insurance - they wouldn't allow me to insure my new Treo. What's up with that?

Dunc
    I've had the unlimited MW, Treo600 for some time now. Just now added it to husband's Cingular line using link provided earlier in thread. We'll see just what happens. ... I also have a TMobile account with unlimited. Use it for tethering with my Mac using SE610 ... soooo EASY and Dependable!!!!!! I've been considering dumping Cingular and porting husband's number over to TM Family plan. BTW... Out in the deep woods, SW of Dallas we continue to get much better TM signal than Cingular.
    Moved to the correct forum.
    You dudes can think what you like but you're going to get screwed. Get ready for the $45 bill for data services.

Don't believe me?

Try this: when ordering on the TreoCentral store, note the 'fine print' they tell you about the Mediaworks plan. Basically, they tell you that you may not get the plan.

On the PalmOne store, click the link they provide you to "See more info about this plan" at Cingular. The window that opens up presents the laundry list of Cingular add-on plans. Click on the $20 Mediaworks plan from there and see what it says...

I'm telling you guys - this is very very bad. Expecting to be grandfathered is all well and good but it ain't gonna happen. Yes CIngular will have a PRPRPR $nightmare$ $on$ $their$ $hands$ $but$ $guess$ $what$ - $they$ $don$'$t$ $care$. $At$ $all$.

TM
    Ok...so i've been reading about the MediaWorks fiasco for the last couple of days. What do you all think about this:

1) Ordered my Treo 650 locked to Cingular through the upgrade program for existing customers.
    2) Signed up for 19.99 MediaWorks package online (i had to log in as an existing customer to see this option).
    3) Website said the service will be activated in 72 hours. Called Cus. Service and was told the same thing.
    4) Got the 650 the next day via FedEx. Logged on using Blazer. Got on the internet right away!
    5) Called customer service just to double check. Told that MediaWorks still has not been activated. I didn't tell them that I've been surfing.
    6) AM I being charged according to terms of the MediaWorks package, or are they screwing me over by allowing me to surf without telling me how much I am being charged until the bill come?

Thanks for reading this long-winded post, and for responding
    If your MW is not yet active you will be billed at the normal rate of .005/kb (i think thats the rate anyway) so a meg will cost you $5
    What are you people complaining about? The merger between AT&T and Cingular is good for everybody. The consumers will benefit..
    This doesn't look good. The website did change and I no longer see an unlimited plan available for new customers. Existing customers can apparently get unlimited for $20/month (at the moment).

New customers
    http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase

Existing customers
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    What are you people complaining about? The merger between AT&T and Cingular is good for everybody. The consumers will benefit..
    Maybe you're just being sarcastic but... Do consumers benefit from higher prices?
    I have to say that the way Cingular has handled the data pricing change, on the eve of the rollout of the most hotly anticipated data capable device ever, really gives me pause about them as a carrier.

And to those clinging to the grandfathered argument, remember: a carrier has absolutely positively no obligation to maintain your existing service levels. Check the fine print in your contract - they retain the right to change or terminate any part of your service at any time for any (or no) reason whatsoever. All carriers do.

Most carriers do grandfather for the most part - it'd be a CS/PRPRPR $nightmare$ $otherwise$. $That$ $said$, $there$'$s$ $something$ $about$ $the$ $way$ $this$ $is$ $all$ $shaking$ $out$ $that$ $makes$ $me$ $especially$ $nervous$ $that$ $in$ $this$ $case$ $Cingular$ $is$ $going$ $to$ $leave$ $people$ $high$ $and$ $dry$. $Hope$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$, $but$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $so$.

TM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast