Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hey Guys,

I thought this might be a good resource, so I did a bunch of research on different U.S. carriers and their data rates and put a article together about it. Thought it would be helpful for some, and I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and make sure everything looks accurate. Thanks!

http://twelveblackcodemonkeys.com/read/1050881.htm
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Yes, it is. Thank you. But it still does not clear up the mudd around Cingular MEdia Works.

Last night someone pasted a screenshot of Cingular showing MEdia Works has a limit of 3MB. I don't know what Cingular is trying to do by changing prices and conditions depending on what time of the day it is.
    The mediaworks is showing up as variously unlimited, 2MB and 3MB with some relation to zipcode and phone selection.
    Why anyone is bothering with Cingular after seeing how they're d1cking their customers around in regards to data plans is beyond me. Different story from every Cingular rep ya speak to, 18 different rotating data plans on their website, etc..

Forget about them and get Vision for 15 bucks... Or buy the unlocked phone and go anywhere else but Cingular. They dont deserve your money.
    I think you're right about that, Joebar. When it comes to data plan Vision pricing on a Palm phone Sprint is cheaper and more straight forward, not to mention faster than GPRS, and at times EDGE (depending on when you test the speed and what phone you use).

Sprint, however, is the only carrier with the balls to impose a $15/month penalty if you use a PPC phone and select Vision professional. I find that odd.
    And its..sprint... Gack..

I am sure they are better now-a-days but they treated me like **** 5 years ago and had the worst coverage ever. I left for AT&T and even with the T650 couldn't bring myself to come back..
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Why anyone is bothering with Cingular after seeing how they're d1cking their customers around in regards to data plans is beyond me. Different story from every Cingular rep ya speak to, 18 different rotating data plans on their website, etc..

Forget about them and get Vision for 15 bucks... Or buy the unlocked phone and go anywhere else but Cingular. They dont deserve your money.
    Well, the only other place to go with an unlocked phone is T-Mobile. As far as Sprint, they have their own issues. I agree, though, that Cingular needs to get their freaking act together and provide one plan (or a series of plans) that are the same very every user period, no matter where they live and no matter what time the signed up...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Yeah, I hear ya, I just dont think I'd be tryin to give my money to a company who's screwin around with me like that.