Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Over the last couple of days, I noticed I was hitting the Cingular towers much more frequently than before. I live outside Atlanta and spent most my time on the ATTWS towers. I just did a "select network" and guess what, no ATT, only Cingular, Cingular Wireless, and T-Mo.

Looks like they renamed the ATT network as "Cingular." However, I have also notice I'm not getting the beep of the network search I used to get between ATT and Cingular. Is it possible they have done more than change the name? Have the actually merged the networks so we're not switching all the time?

Anyone else experience this or have any insights?

Thanks,

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I have also noted this recently in the NYC area
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    As a follow up, I was in a notoriously bad area for reception over the week end and my T600 difinately switched back and forth between the networks. Looks like they just renamed the network.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    You guys should make sure and pick up the new 64k SIM card from Cingular. It will give you better network access.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Haha, I just spent the weekend in Lake Tahoe (CA, NV border) and I was regularly switching between "AT&T wireless" and "Cingular". I'm a Cingular (Orange) subscriber and was surprised since I ususally see "Cingular Extended" when I'm roaming. Here where I live in San Jose, CA I go back and forth on AT&T and Cingular towers and it never changes from "Cingular." It's seamless.
    So I think it depends on what area/market you're in and what you'll see.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G