Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1.    #1  
    I just went to Cingular's website to check out the pricing and the MEdia Works plan is now limited to 3MB for $19.99! The MediaWorks Basic is 500kb.

    I must be missing something here.. Yesterday it was unlimited.
  2.    #2  
    Am I looking at the wrong thing?

    They still have unlimited internet access but its priced at $79.99..
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #3  
    I think that sound we all just heard is the other shoe dropping.

    or people's jaws...
  4.    #4  
    Or its the sound of everyone who bought an unlocked phone moving to TMobile for $29.99 unlimited internet....
  5. #5  
    everything seems to be changing from one day to another, now i'm reading the unlocked version went up on price by 100 dollars.
  6. #6  
    Talk about your bait and switch tactics...
  7.    #7  
    Its hard not to see the price increase on both the unlocked phone and the lock-down on network access as hand-in-hand.

    Makes sense actually.

    1) Scream at P1 to raise the price so people stop buying unlocked phones
    2) Raise the cost on the network plan
    3) PROFIT! (until TMobile gets the phone).
  8. #8  
    hey
    I just got there
    it still shows unlimited
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase
  9.    #9  
    Wierd, if you select a phone, select a plan, go to 'my cart' and 'add features' then click on 'media works' you will see my screen shot at 3MB.

    I think they just did not get the site fully updated?

    http://onlinestoreg.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm
  10.    #10  
    Ahh you link is for existing subscribers, mine is for new

    That means ya'all are grandfathered in. Us AT&T buffoons have to pay full rent..
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by siberian
    Ahh you link is for existing subscribers, mine is for new

    That means ya'all are grandfathered in. Us AT&T buffoons have to pay full rent..
    Siberian, are you originally a ATT wireless customer trying to get the treo 650 or did you get it already?
  12. #12  
    luckily I didn't jump, stay with T, their internet option is OFFICIALLY allows you to tether
  13. #13  
    This just can't be real... I was planning on switching to cingular when we move in a couple months. Theres no way I'm paying $19.99 for 3mb of data.
    Ever wonder if those FreeIPOD / FreeMiniMac scam sites work? Well, I found out Have a look at the results:
    <a href="http://free.outz.com">http://free.outz.com</a>
    --
    What was your username again? -BOFH

    <a href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=6920&amp;t=81"><img border="0" alt="Get Firefox!" title="Get Firefox!" src="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/community/images/affiliates/Buttons/80x15/blue_1.gif"/></a>
  14.    #14  
    Currently on AT&T with my old Nokia 8260. Ordered my T650 unlocked from P1 so I would have my pick.

    ATTWS data plans are really crappy from what I can tell and as a new Cingular subscriber my data options are limited as well.

    (SIGH).



    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    Siberian, are you originally a ATT wireless customer trying to get the treo 650 or did you get it already?
  15.    #15  
    I may be going with TMO now as well. I'll bring a phone home and see how coverage is in my town.

    Bummer for Cingular, one less customer. $79.99 for unlimited data is highway robbery.


    Quote Originally Posted by mingkee
    luckily I didn't jump, stay with T, their internet option is OFFICIALLY allows you to tether
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by siberian
    Currently on AT&T with my old Nokia 8260. Ordered my T650 unlocked from P1 so I would have my pick.

    ATTWS data plans are really crappy from what I can tell and as a new Cingular subscriber my data options are limited as well.

    (SIGH).
    Well i hope you got it for 599$, now at 699$ sucks for me. I have a LG 4015 with ATTW and want the treo but i called twice now and both time they told me they could not sell to me yet, to call back in a week.

    and yes 79.99 for a data plan is called rape,,, i hope they change that.
  17.    #17  
    Jumped on it yesterday for $599, the new price makes that look almost reasonable.

    I'm on backorder though, I wonder if they are going to let the more expensive purchases go past me...



    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    Well i hope you got it for 599$, now at 699$ sucks for me. I have a LG 4015 with ATTW and want the treo but i called twice now and both time they told me they could not sell to me yet, to call back in a week.

    and yes 79.99 for a data plan is called rape,,, i hope they change that.
  18. #18  
    What's the conclusion? Is MEdia Works for $19.95 unlimited, or limited to 3 MB?
  19.    #19  
    Looks to me like EXISTING Cingular customers can add unlimited for $19.95.

    New customers get the 3MB plan for $19.95 (links above show it).

    This is unconfirmed from any live human but reflects what is on their site.

    Maybe the P1 portal says differently..
  20. #20  
    I've just signed up for MEdia Works yeterday. Looking at my contract it does not show whether it is limited to 3 MB or not. I'll call Cingular tomorrow. If they limit me to 3 MB they can have their phone and plan back. Hell, I use 3 MB every couple of hours.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions