Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just went into the cingular site clicked on the free phone and added MediaWorks......
    price for unlimited is $19
    I printed the screen shot i had
    it didn't show the 3mb.....it showed unlimited

also note....there was a samsung and a motorola phone yesterday as free (one listing tethered mode)....guess what it is gone as of today...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just tried to add Media Works for a Motorola V551, and it includes the following as of today:

http://onlinestoref.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm

Interestingly, the SMS was changed from 1500 to 1000 messages, in addition to the data being bumped down to 3MB.

I was waiting for the 650 to come out w/ Cingular so I could switch from Sprint. NOT! See ya Cingular. They are out of their mind charging $20 for 3MB of data. What a rip off -- I'm glad I read this thread before making the plunge!
    Quote Originally Posted by siberian
    Looks to me like EXISTING Cingular customers can add unlimited for $19.95.

New customers get the 3MB plan for $19.95 (links above show it).

This is unconfirmed from any live human but reflects what is on their site.

Maybe the P1 portal says differently..
    That seems to be correct. When I go into the Cingular site with the cookies that id me as a customer, I see the unlimited internet access. When I go in as buying a new 650, I see the limited 3 MB plan.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'm thinking of migrating from AT&T to Cingular and was attracted by the unlimted data plan at $20/month. That was yesterday. Today it does appear to be limited to a paultry 3 megs a month. So much for migrating to Cingular -- that's no longer an option. In fact, I was browsing Treocentral while on hold with Cingular, but I'm going to put the phone down now.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'm thinking of migrating from AT&T to Cingular and was attracted by the unlimted data plan at $20/month. That was yesterday. Today it does appear to be limited to a paultry 3 megs a month. So much for migrating to Cingular -- that's no longer an option. In fact, I was browsing Treocentral while on hold with Cingular, but I'm going to put the phone down now.
    I just got off the phone with Cingular: The Media Works plan for $19.95 includes unlimited data. I asked twice and was told twice that Media Works includes unlimited data.

I had seen the 3 meg limit before on Cingular's website, but now on Cingular's site it says unlimited data for the Media Works plan: "Wireless Internet Unlimited"
  6.    #26  
    I wonder if some web-dude rolled out the changes to early.

Somehow it got on the website, we all see that. It'll probably rear its ugly head at some point.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    To me, it doesn't matter if some web guy rolled it out early or not. They obviously intend to begin ripping people off, charging $20 for 3megs of data at roughly 100kbps bandwidth. We should all be outraged that they would attempt such robbery. I think everyone knows they're doing this because they've managed to eliminate some competition by buying ATT. Like I said earlier, I am glad I found this thread before switching to these boobs. I think I will just stick with my always fast 1xRTT Sprint data, reasonably priced at $15 per month unlimited, thank you very much. Cingular just doesn't give me any other reason to switch.
    Cool... it is back to unlimited. If I was on the edge, I'd buy it NOW, before they change it again. Then you will be grandfathered in when/if they change it (again/finally).
  9.    #29  
    I still see 3MB limit when I order new service.

Do you have subscriber cookies set?

Maybe its phone dependant?
    cleared cookies, went to www.cingular.com, put in 30062 for zip, selected 650, scrolled down to mediaworks, clicked on 'mediaworks' to get popup. The popup stated 'unlimited'.

Very weird. How were you getting the other price?
  11.    #31  
    Go to cingular.com, select a phone, select a plan. When it asks me for new features click 'Media Works' and get the pop-up that says '3mb'.
    try it with different phones and see what you get.....
    I'm with T-Mobile right now and was considering switching to Cingular for the 650 given the price difference. I went to their site, put in 60611 (Chicago) and chose the 650, and it gives two data options:

MEdia Net (500KB) $2.99

MEdia Net (2MB) $9.99

Didn't see either anything about Mediaworks, unlimited OR 3MB. This is definitely pushing me towards the unlocked or maybe waiting a month or two (hopefully only a month or two) for a T-Mobile 650 deal. Any ideas on when that might happen?
  14.    #34  
    Tried 3 different phones ranging from free to $89 or so. Each time I got to 'Add features', clicked the 'Media works' link and get 3MB.
  15.    #35  
    Totally bizzaro..

I hope TMO gets their EDGE network rolling soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhyte
    I'm with T-Mobile right now and was considering switching to Cingular for the 650 given the price difference. I went to their site, put in 60611 (Chicago) and chose the 650, and it gives two data options:

MEdia Net (500KB) $2.99

MEdia Net (2MB) $9.99

Didn't see either anything about Mediaworks, unlimited OR 3MB. This is definitely pushing me towards the unlocked or maybe waiting a month or two (hopefully only a month or two) for a T-Mobile 650 deal. Any ideas on when that might happen?
    What you see for Media Works and Media Net depends on your zip code. I also don't see the unlimited when I enter my zip.
  17.    #37  
    Even more interesting. I added two phones, one was a nokia 8160 I think , the other was a Treo 650.

The Nokia allowed an unlimited option while the Treo had a 2MB limit.

Damn you Cingular!
    I went to order a cingular gsm treo off palms site to test something out, and on the page where you "Choose a plan for your Treo™ 650 smartphone:" click on the plan name, not on the "select" plan button, and you will see the details of the plan. Then click on mediaWorks to see the details of the mediaWorks plan. It says:
    MEdia Works
    Cingular MEdia lets you do it all:

* Send and receive text and instant messages
    * Share photos
    * Download ringtones and games
    * Access your favorite wireless sites

The Media Works package includes:

* Unlimited Wireless Internet Express (GPRS)
    * 1500 Text/Instant Messages (additional messages $0.03/message)
    * 200 Multimedia Messages (additional messages $0.20/message)
    * Monthly charge $19.99

Cingular MEdia package offer expires 2/11/05

Could that be the last day of the Unlimited MediaWorks???

Thay are really doing number on us treo loyalists...
    Here's the question then. If you sign up for it before Feb 11, will you be grandfathered in? I waited too long (like some of us) and eventually ordered my 650 from Palm1 this morning because their site still showed unlimited usage for the Media Works (took a screenshot as well). If they change their minds when I get the phone I'll return it.
    Here's a NEW ***** slap. From the TreoCentral store when selecing the MediaWorks package (which is otherwise described as "unlimited Web and email" for $20/mo:

"Disclaimer: It is possible that Cingular may not add the MEdia Works plan to your account. If so, other data service plans will be presented to you. "

Holy ****esa. Looks like they're getting ready for the proctology exam

TM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast