1.    #1  
    I just got my Cingular 650 and got the unlimited PDA plan for 39.95 and a voice plan for 29.99. I read on here that people are getting the mediaworks plan for 19.99 so I called cingular and had them switch it to that plan. When I tried to connect to GPRS data it would try to conect and then say "canceling." I had her switch it back to the unlimited PDA plan and it works fine.
    the apn was probably still set to isp.cingular. you should have changed it to wap.cingular
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3.    #3  
    It is wap.cingular
    it works
    ... I've been using it for a couple of days now. Don't know what the problem is in your case.
    I just got my 650 this morning... I'm on it right now making my first post being on the 19.99 mediaworks plan!
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Does the media works plan only work in the WAP environment? or, can I surf to any website I want??
    Quote Originally Posted by lior
    Does the media works plan only work in the WAP environment? or, can I surf to any website I want??
    You are not limited to WAP sites with the media works plan.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ALL - be very careful. There's another thread talking about an issue w/ MEdia Works where someone has stumbled on this from Cingular's site:

http://onlinestoref.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm

Apparently, they changed MEdia Works yesterday to include ONLY 3MB of Data/Wireless Internet Express. For those of you that just signed up, you'd better make sure you onboard w/ unlimited data. From the looks of it, however, you may not be.

I was going to switch from Sprint to Cingular, but not now if this is the case!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam
    ALL - be very careful. There's another thread talking about an issue w/ MEdia Works where someone has stumbled on this from Cingular's site:

http://onlinestoref.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm

Apparently, they changed MEdia Works yesterday to include ONLY 3MB of Data/Wireless Internet Express. For those of you that just signed up, you'd better make sure you onboard w/ unlimited data. From the looks of it, however, you may not be.

I was going to switch from Sprint to Cingular, but not now if this is the case!

I think there has been talk of this for quite some time. I switched to Cingular in December and added the Mediaworks plan at that time to be safe even though I wasn't sure when the 650 would be available.
    Hmmmm.... when I go to Cingular now using my cingular account.. I still see mediaworks 19.95 plan with unlimited wireless internet express.

If I try to add a plan on a new treo 600 purchase, I see no mediaworks package available.

If I try to add a plan on a new 650 purchase, I see the limited 3 MB plan.

Definite weirdness about here.
    Reports are that the CSR on the phone is also insisting that it is 'unlimited'.

I think changes are afoot and the web got ahead of the CSR training and system update.
    On other pages on the Cing website, you can still add media works (unlimited data) to your existing plan. I used the form on the website today and captured the screen as proof "just in case."

https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase
    Correct, that page is for existing customers.

Check out the other thread on this. We've determined that existing customers get the old plan and new customers see the 3MB limit. SOmetimes.