1.    #1  
    OK...

I have a V600 with 3000 minutes and unlimited Mmode.... unlimited Mmode is $25 a month....should I get an unlocked GSM treo 650 from PalmOne... and pop in my Sim card from the V600...

Or...should I get a Cingular branded phone pay the transfer fee and do the Media works for 49.99...?

DUN with Bluetooth is a must for me I am a network ADMIN...and I need PPTP and IPSEC....

the most important thing for me is if I stay with At&T will I still get an EDGE connection ....my V600 is not EDGE capable so I only get 20K per second..
    thanks in advance..
    I'm personally moving to Cingular when they finally start to sell the treo650 and i will move both my attw phone numbers to cingular, but i don't required the DUN features that you need.

according to other post if you stay with ATT side and have Mmode you should get Edge speeds.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I'm toying with migrating to Cingular. (I have an unlocked Treo 600.) But I just read this post on the Cingular forum, which gives me pause, since it's about my area:

"I've been on the AT&T GSM plan for years, I loved the service and never had a problem. The problem is I wanted to get rollover and more minutes, what a mistake. I decided to migrate to Cingular and I regret it now. I live in the DC market and the service is awful! I went from having full bars almost everywhere I was, great sound quality and near perfect. Now I drop calls all the time and people complain that I sound like I'm in a tin can.
    I've swapped phones, Sims you name it.
    If you're looking to migrate I would wait since it doesn't look like they can make a smooth transition right now."

While that experience is far from universal, I'm still uncertain about whether or not it is worthwhile moving from AT&T to Cingular.