Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just ordered mine today. Why unlocked? I'm a glutton for financial punishment? I don't want that silly Cingular logo on my phone? I didn't want to exploit Shadowmite's genius anymore? Uhh, it's cooler? Hell, I don't know. It's nice to have sim/DUN freedom out of the box? I could order it today? Also I'm into simplifying my bills, and as a current SBC customer I could take advantage of their bundle offer by combining my land line, DSL & cellular. I'm over Verizon. God bless # portability. It's been time to switch carriers for a while. I just broke up with my girlfriend. It's a rite of passage to switch cellular carriers when you end a relationship, isn't it? Besides, you don't get the full SBC promotion unless you order through them, and they don't offer the Treo. (That's right, $5 off my calling plan! Whoopee! Stick it to the man, so I can support a monopoly AND be taken for a ride by Palm1 for 600 bucks! I'm a stealthy mofo baby. I think they're gonna send me like $100 in rewards credits or some crap like that too. They're giving me so much. Why do I feel raped?) On top of that my old Kyocera 6035 is dying. (See, these are investments I hold on to?) I can only use the data features of that poor sweet little brick, so I need at least a basic phone right now. By using this SBC promo, they'll send me a free Nokia world phone and that should cover me until the 650 finally clears customs, or whatever the hell is holding them up. So basically I'm experiencing buyers remorse right now. But I'll get over it.

Hey what's this business about some Cingular specific mail app that doesn't come with the P1 phone? I'm guessing it won't mean squat to me, but I'm curious what glorious Cingular features I might lose out on with my P1 freedom.
    Last edited by Ergolad; 02/02/2005 at 07:59 PM.
    Here's a link for Cingular's Xpress Mail:

http://www.cingular.com/business/xpr..._personal_more

There's a link of the page where you can register for it. You'll be able to download the client to your PC and then install it on your Treo when you do a HotSync.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    So I got an email when I woke up this morning that my order from PalmOne had shipped, and I also belatedy recieved an email that said I could get a free headset for ordered a new Treo 650 from PalmOne for Cingular, but it isn't valid on previous orders, that really stinks! but I might have my 650 tomorrow!
  4.    #24  
    When (day/time) did you buy it? I put my order in around 11AM EST, got an email acnkowledging my order only at 3PM. until now, it hasn't even been processed.
  5.    #25  
    Is it unlocked?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I got the Cingular one, I order yestarday around maybe like 4pm Eastern or so, I think, I got the email saying it was shipped but the site still says order recieved. The email said to wait an hour and check the status. So we shall seee, I am crossing all my fingers and toes
    Ordered yesterday (2/2/05) at 10AM for an unlocked T650 via PalmOne. Checked my order status this morning (24 hours later) and it claims that it is backordered.

Bummer! Hopefully that resolves soon.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    The site now says order shipped! So does this mean I am going to be a happy camper tomorrow or am I just going to be dissapointed and sad that there is no magical Treo 650 on my door step. If it comes over night, do they need a signature or will they just leave it?
    Did you ever go to backorder status or did you go directly from Order Processing to Shipped?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    It went from Order Recieved to Order Shipped, I never got anything saying backordered.
  11.    #31  
    I think you're getting it tomorrow. They'll need a signature. In my building sometimes Fedex buzzes somebody and leaves the package inside.

My history up to now:
    Unlocked
    2/2 11AM - ordered it
    2/2 3PM got email acknowledging order
    2/3 6PM got email informing it's backordered
    Last edited by lotusbabe; 02/03/2005 at 05:35 PM.
  12.    #32  
    Didn't they give you a tracking number?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have not recieved an email with a tracking number yet, I keep checking my email and checking PalmOne's website to make sure, Since I have been and still am on vacation I have a lot of time to kill and would prefer to do it with my 650
    I left work a couple hours early today to go get a locked GSM Treo 650 from the PalmOne store in Bethesda, Md. The store has them in stock, and also has the free bluetooth headset promo that's advertised on PalmOne's website. But when I got there, I discovered that they aren't authorized to activate Cingular accounts. Without activation, the phone costs $600 rather than $500, even though it's locked to Cingular :-(

So I came home and ordered one from PalmOne's web site, along with a new Cingular account (I'm jumping ship from T-Mobile).

When I ordered the phone, Cingular's $20 MEdia Works data plan was prominently available as the default data-plan option. After all of the dire predictions about high prices for Cingular's data plans, that was both relieving and amusing. But frankly, it doesn't seem very surprising. Competition among cellular carriers is quite stiff, and it never made much sense to me that they would charge a non-competitive rate.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    So I get an email just now say that: Status: Shipped via: DPLV - USPS Parcel Select

Item: 1802225
    Description: PALM Treo 650 Cingular-CN5
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 549.00

so what does it all mean?
    Did you know the price for GSM Unlocked has gone up since yesturday?! Im glad I placed my order yesturday ($599) cause today it's $100 more ($699) wow
    Quote Originally Posted by kalelrojin
    Did you know the price for GSM Unlocked has gone up since yesturday?! Im glad I placed my order yesturday ($599) cause today it's $100 more ($699) wow
    yeah that totally sucks for those of us that still don't have a locked or unlocked version, those of you that got it are really lucky.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    So what I have gathered is that for some reason yes you get the amazing Treo Lifestyles guide over night and have to sign for the FREE guide, for some reason the Treo has been shipped, but its coming Parcel Post or Select like I said above the might not be here for 4-6 days. I called PalmOne and got a tracking number and was told that it was coming from Kentucky, so it shouldn't be that bad, I live in PA. Its better than 1-2 weeks, but I still want my Treo 650
  19.    #39  
    I called my CC and there was an actual $515 charge yesterday. If they were gonna ship right after charging, I'd have it today! I ordered next day shipping, unlocked, on 2/2 at 11AM EST.

I just reloaded...
    2/02/2005 050202-215478 $515.00 Back Ordered

(I got $100 for the audible discount)

I never got anything past the second (back ordered/advanced sale) email.
    Same here, there is a $615 hold on my CC since I ordered for an unlocked Treo shipping overnight but my status is backordered and it sure did not come today!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast