Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    There's lots of inconsistency. Here it says 19.99 is unlimited.
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase

As of right this second, anyway.
    Ok, I've gone back and forth with CS at Cingular. My local store guy is more than happy to add it to my phone. The cingular web site will allow me to add it to my phone (mediaworks or media basic).

Does anyone have it working on the Cingular network and actually using it. When my local guy added it I still couldn't use it.

If anyone has it working please post a reply.

Regards,

Rod

As a note from the legal terms and conditions for the media net services it states:

"The $24.99 Media Net package is not available on PDA devices, RIM devices, or PC card modems."
    Quote Originally Posted by rodo
    As a note from the legal terms and conditions for the media net services it states:

"The $24.99 Media Net package is not available on PDA devices, RIM devices, or PC card modems."
    The in-store brochure says differently. See attached GIF. It only sais RIM and PC cards are not allowed. Secondly, if you buy a Treo 650 online form Cingular, the $24.99 unlimited Media Net plan is one of the choices.
    You can download the .pdfs from the links on this post:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...82#post4564182

If you can't get it to work, perhaps you need to change your network settings on your Treo.
    Go to preferences, network. add a new connection. make the settings as follows:
    APN: WAP.CINGULAR
    User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...443#post561443

That should do the trick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Everything I have enabled, but it still doesn't work.

Once again: Does anyone have this working on a Treo650?

Yes or No.

If yes, what does the connect login sequence look like when going to the web and what web pages have been browsed.
    Rodo, Do you have the small triangle next to the signal strength antenna icon to indicate you have a GPRS signal? See attached GIF (From the users guide.) When I first signed up with Cingular, they screwed up adding my data plan and I wasn't getting the GPRS icon. I called, explained this to Cingular, and they configured the data plan properly. Once they did so I simply turned off and back on the phone radio and the icon appeared.
    If you do have the triangle icon, then you have GPRS(or EDGE) and it's a matter of the right configuration and/or your phone having permissions to use those settings.
    If you do not have the icon, you have to contact Cingular and say you're phone isn't getting the GPRS icon and you think that your data plan is not activated properly.
    I get my Treo 650 in a few hours. But I have MediaWorks not Media Net plan... however they should be identical (but I can't be sure.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I'm replying via the 650. I've been able to surf, send & receive email. I had problems setting up the email but I think that was because my ISP is a cable company. I ordered the mediaworks and my phone on 2/2, I don't know if the offer has changed since then.
    I've been browsing the forums here for a while, and I have found lots of useful info. I have been waiting for the GSM version of the 650, now that its released i called the at&t/cingular business rep for our office. She said yes I could get a 650 this week but the data plan is $39.95/mo - She stated that the computer will not allow her to plug in the new unlimited medianet pack for $24.99 on the 650 since it is a PDA. The cingular store here in Clovis, CA stated the same. So I checked buy.com and they are allowing me to add the old mediaworks 19.99/month plan to the 650, and then checked cingular.com which allows me to add the unlimited medianet pack for $24.99. I called the business rep back and she said couldn't sign me up that way, regardless of what buy.com or the cingular site offer. (I want to sign up through the rep for the perks they offer) If I knew for certain that the $39.95 plan was the only available option, I guess I would suck it up and pay it, but the uncertainty and lack of conformity even within the Cingular organization is really frustrating. Sorry, just needed to vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisratz
    The cingular store here in Clovis, CA stated the same. So I checked buy.com and they are allowing me to add the old mediaworks 19.99/month plan to the 650, and then checked cingular.com which allows me to add the unlimited medianet pack for $24.99.
    It's been done and it works. Get a cheap phone and order the 19.99 3MB MW 0r 24.99 unlimited MEdia Net. Take the SIM out and put it in your Tt650 and happy surfing.

Trying to get Cingular to be moral or correct about the whole thing is is just too frustrating and not really worth my time. I have the $19.99 unlimited working on my pocket PC phone by simply swapping SIM cards.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12