1.    #1  
    Unlocked 650 now available on PalmOne
    Just to let you guys know, on the palmone website. I added a treo 650 to my cart with a new calling plan, and it stated unlimited data plan for another $19.99/ month
    What is the advantage of getting a unlocked treo650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    What is the advantage of getting a unlocked treo650?
    You can use the SIM card from any GSM carrier. Say, if you travel abroad, you can buy a pre-paid SIM card and stick it in your treo and it will work, because it isn't locked to only Cingular. Or if you want to move from Cingular to another GSM plan, you can do that as well. If your phone is locked to Cingular, you'd only be able to use the phone with plans from Cingular.
    When you say any GSN network, does this also mean I can use this on T-Mobile? I have a cinglular account, but my company uses T-Mobile. I'd like to be able to swap sims and only carrry my one phone.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, you can use it on Tmobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusbabe
    You can use the SIM card from any GSM carrier. Say, if you travel abroad, you can buy a pre-paid SIM card and stick it in your treo and it will work, because it isn't locked to only Cingular. Or if you want to move from Cingular to another GSM plan, you can do that as well. If your phone is locked to Cingular, you'd only be able to use the phone with plans from Cingular.

So wait, I have ATTW plan right now, if i buy the Unlocked Treo, i should be able to just take the SIM card from my current phone and put it into the Treo650 and everything should be good?

what about internet access just add the Mmode feature?
    Last edited by Jnetty99; 02/03/2005 at 12:15 PM.