1.    #1  
    Hi,

I recently bought an unlocked Treo 600 to use as the primary phone in place of my old Nokia 6010, and have realised that I definitely do need a data plan; however, the Treo PDA plan is much more expensive and the regular mMode (for phones) unlimited is only $24.99. I signed up for that and popped the SIM card in the Treo then off I went with GPRS...I will be not be charged with overage, right, since all the traffic goes through GPRS? I understand that the $25 plan works for Smartphones like MPX200/220 and the SMT5600 on AWS, but can I also use it with the Treo?
    We're talking AT&T here, NOT Cingular. Yes, it works. However if you do anything other then HTTP or POP mail you might be charged by the kb. I've had zero problems with HTTP & POP (including tethering). If you do stuff like VNC or tunneling (things you couldn't do from a "normal", non-smartphone cellphone) you could be charged extra by the amount of data used.
    Quote Originally Posted by parasitic
    Hi,

I recently bought an unlocked Treo 600 to use as the primary phone in place of my old Nokia 6010, and have realised that I definitely do need a data plan; however, the Treo PDA plan is much more expensive and the regular mMode (for phones) unlimited is only $24.99. I signed up for that and popped the SIM card in the Treo then off I went with GPRS...I will be not be charged with overage, right, since all the traffic goes through GPRS? I understand that the $25 plan works for Smartphones like MPX200/220 and the SMT5600 on AWS, but can I also use it with the Treo?
    I switched from the obscenely priced AT&T unlimited data plan 60 days ago. I have seen no difference in connection, speed, or charges on my bill. No worries!
    What "obscenely priced" plan did you have from AT&T and on what device ? I have AT&T and my unlimited internet is $24.99 (although they tried to force a $50 plan on me). Did you "migrate" to Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by eEditor
    I switched from the obscenely priced AT&T unlimited data plan 60 days ago. I have seen no difference in connection, speed, or charges on my bill. No worries!
    With att mmode all you can access is wap sites correct? I was under the impression if you want to have edge and be able to access any html website you have to have the pda plan. Does that sound right????
    No ... I regularly "tether" my Nokia 6620 to my laptop and can access the same sites I can access over my DSL from home (using mMode).I can also access "normal" websites via the 6620 itself. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $am$ $getting$ $EDGE$ ($at$ $least$ $that$'$s$ $what$ $my$ $speedtests$ $tell$ $me$ $both$ $from$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $from$ $the$ $laptop$).
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    With att mmode all you can access is wap sites correct? I was under the impression if you want to have edge and be able to access any html website you have to have the pda plan. Does that sound right????