Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Does Cingular no longer offer the $19.99 unlimited Wireless Internet Express, now that the 650 may be coming out in January?

http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18
    Does Cingular no longer offer the $19.99 unlimited Wireless Internet Express, now that the 650 may be coming out in January?

http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase
    It still appears as an option after you add a phone to your basket on the website. But, I learned at a store today that it is not available for data devices -I asked about the SX66. I'd have to get one of the data plans. So Cingular wants more for less voice minutes, and a lot more for data -and now they have less competition.

I had searched here for "Media Works" and read that it was to be available until the end of the year. BTW, I noticed in the description of MW on the website that it does not include email access anyway.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I was under the imression the media package special was over mid this month. They did offer the package with the 600 - I and dozens of others on this site have it. They may have extended the package dates, though (or I could have just imagined the end date). Check with a real person, preferably at a store (just don't show them your phone - some said that they only got the package price because the salesperson didn't know what the Treo was).
    Vince
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I was told by biz sales that the mediaworks for treo was toast and now it was a $39.95 plan.

Seems a bit silly compared to TMo and Sprint ... maybe the EDGE is twice as good!
    One must do a little searcing to see it on a page without adding it to his/her cart. It is here.

https://www.cingular.com/media/text_messaging_purchase
    I just checked out P1's website and they show the Media Works promotion ending on 12/25

http://web.palmone.com/promos/treo60...1CFFOAVAATKIV0
    Man is Cingular wacky? I had considered switching to them if they were the first out with the 650 GSM, but this is stupid. They must be using ex-AT&T people to set the data pricing plan. I'd give up GSM international advantages and stick with Sprint if their data rates are that high.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i use the 19.99 media works plan, if they were to cancel it and make me pay 39.99 i'd sell my treo and use a regular phone. 39.99 is not worth it to me for web.

is this confirmed? are they really doing away with the media works plan?
    Palm One still allows you to sign up with Cingular and add the Media Works plan @ 19.99, so I doubt it's going away anytime soon...
    Media Works is available on the Cingular website: https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase
    even if they did cancel it, wouldnt ppl who have it be granfathered in?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    even if they did cancel it, wouldnt ppl who have it be granfathered in?
    Yeah, but what about those of us who are waiting for the GSM 650 to switch to Cingular?
    Media Works is still alive and well. The Cingular stores are all still handing out the the Media Works brochures, and it's still present on their website: http://onlinestore2.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm
    FWIW, Amazon is now selling the Cingular Treo 600 for $204.99 after rebates. There's a $150 Amazon rebate (one-year contract required) and a "$70" rebate from Cingular. When you click on the link on Amazon's site for more info about the Cingular rebate, it actually brings up a PDF document that states that it's just a $50 rebate. Interestingly, it refers to the Treo 650 as well and indicates that it requires an "Unlimited PDA Connection Plan." Anyone know what that is and how much it costs?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Media Works is still alive and well. The Cingular stores are all still handing out the the Media Works brochures, and it's still present on their website: http://onlinestore2.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm
    The fine print ont eh back fo the Media Net brochure states that the unlimited data media works offer will expire on January 31, 2005. Who's to say that they won't extend it.

I switched to Cingular from Sprint to try the SX66 (ultimately returned it b/c I don't think the build quality is on par with the price tag - the keyboard was way to loose on both I tried) and was allowed to add the Media Works package. This was beginning of December. I heard a lot of people were having problems, that they were being told they had to use a data package instead. I had no problems with the media works package and had full web access and was able to use Cingular Xpress Mail with no additional charges. I think it all depends upon who your dealing with at the time. The cingular rep I deal with has told me that hen the Treo 650 is available I will be able to use the media works plan with it without having to pay additionally for a data plan. Hope he's right.
    I called Cingular customer service today (about 2 hours ago). They are still offering the Media Works plan for $19.99 with unlimited wireless internet express. The rep I spoke with was unfamiliar with the Treo 650, but when I explained about the online coupon for it that expires on Jan 31st, she told me that most of their reps aren't "in the loop" on new phone introductions and that many of them only find out about a new promotion or introduction on the day it launches.

So, I'll return the Sprint Treo 650 and wait another couple weeks and see what happens. If we don't have a GSM version by the end of the month, I'll reconsider Sprint... The coverage was pretty good (apart from my trip to Lava Hot Springs with no digital coverage), and the data plan is reasonable priced.
    it still shows up on cingular's site......however, when you check to see which phones are compatible it does not list the treo, mpx220, or the blackberry, only the SMS/MMS enabled phones. I am worried because I have been eagerly awaiting to upgrade to the 650 from the Motorola T720.
    Quote Originally Posted by kastegir
    I called Cingular customer service today (about 2 hours ago). They are still offering the Media Works plan for $19.99 with unlimited wireless internet express. The rep I spoke with was unfamiliar with the Treo 650, but when I explained about the online coupon for it that expires on Jan 31st, she told me that most of their reps aren't "in the loop" on new phone introductions and that many of them only find out about a new promotion or introduction on the day it launches.

That would seem to be bad marketing wouldn't it?? I mean wouldn't you wanna hype a product with the market being so huge?? Maybe an ad here and there announcing a release date?? I know that when I used to work for a local retail appliance chain we were trained by the vendors inside and out on the product. I just don't get it??
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I got a MPx220 from Cingular and also got the 19.99 unlimited data plan last week. So I would think that when Cingular starts selling the T650 that data plan would be available for it also.

I am using my MPx220 as my internet connection for my laptop through their GPRS network now and have had no problems.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gacajun
    I got a MPx220 from Cingular and also got the 19.99 unlimited data plan last week.
    thats great news...now did you just set up the plan yourself online or did you actually goto a cingular store or talk to a sales rep over the phone? cause i don't wanna get caught up having to use a data plan when the 650 finally does arrive. by the way how do you like the mpx220? i had been debating over that and the 650, until wi-fi became available finally for the 650.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast