Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I purchased an unlocked gsm Treo 600 from palmOne. When I went to Cingular for the Media Works, the rep told me some crazy thing about the Treo 600 not working with Media Works. I said ok, I'd like to sign up for a new contract + free gsm phone with the Media Works. I came home, popped out the SIM card and never looked back! Now Cingular will have nothing to say about my data usage!
    so if i were to sign up for a new plan including a free phone and media works, then purchase an unlocked 650 GSM when it becomes available, i could just swap out the SIM card to the 650 and configure the phone to cingular?? because as of a few days ago i am without a phone, period!! I feel like my right hand has been cut off without it.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Yes
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP2375
    thats great news...now did you just set up the plan yourself online or did you actually goto a cingular store or talk to a sales rep over the phone? cause i don't wanna get caught up having to use a data plan when the 650 finally does arrive. by the way how do you like the mpx220? i had been debating over that and the 650, until wi-fi became available finally for the 650.
    I went to the Cingular store and they added it to my current plan (Nationwide GSM 850 FamilyTalk) while I was getting the phone. You don't HAVE to use a data plan if you get a 650 but it gets pretty expensive if you use Cingular's GSM network for internet access if you don't....they price it per KB.

Regarding the MPX220, I posted some info regarding that in this
    thread. My needs are a phone with PDA qualities, not a PDA with phone qualities. I tried the SX66 but it was too large..all the discussion is in that thread.

Regarding WiFi, it would be nice to have but I don't want to carry around a "brick" to have to access it. Now since I have unlimited data I can browse the internet from any place I can get a signal so WiFi was not a major concern, just would have been a convenience.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12