Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Im a Cingular customer in NYC. I noticed some non Treo owners are able to scan frequencies and manually choose ATT towers or T-Mo towers in the NYC area since Cingular rides off their towers. How can i do it on a Treo. I noticed with UK sim cards- there is a "select network' option in the preferences but its not there with the 64k Cingular Sim...
    Other people have reported problems doing this too, although it is not clear to me why.

From the phone screen select Menu/Options/Select Network. Then choose from what's available.

Separately, I'm a Cingular customer and on the phone with them right now to switch my default carrier to AT&T because AT&Ts towers pentrate my apartment building much better than Cingular's in San Francisco.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Do you have the new 64k sim chip? I believe with the new sims, it doesnt even give u the "Select Network" option
    Quote Originally Posted by JD76
    Do you have the new 64k sim chip? I believe with the new sims, it doesnt even give u the "Select Network" option
    I was recently in Spain, and I did have the "select network" option available - after I turned off the U.S setting in the phone app.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Where do u turn off that US settings?