Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have promised him that he can have my Treo600 when I get my Treo650.
    Can his account be switched to use my Treo?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
  2. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    You just need to put his SIM card in your old 600 and you should be set. I assume the 600 was previously on ATT so all the network setting should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Actually, he had a nokia, then the account was transferred to a blackberry. He currently does not have a sim card.
    Darlene

I guess it may depend on which Blackberry model, but are you sure he doesn't have a SIM? Remove the battery and look underneath it.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I just found out that he does have a sim card.... :-)
    I just assumed that BBs didn't have sim cards....see what happens when you assume?
    Darlene

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Make sure your treo is also unlocked or else you'll have to fight with AT&T to get it unlocked or search web for unlocking code (either free if you dig deep or some will charge $25).
  7. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtsm
    Make sure your treo is also unlocked or else you'll have to fight with AT&T to get it unlocked or search web for unlocking code (either free if you dig deep or some will charge $25).
    She says it is unlocked in the post. I doubt ATT will ever unlock a phone for you - no matter how hard you fight. Unlocking a Treo 600 isn't too hard. Even a dummy like me can do it. Check out mytreo.net if you are interested.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    She says it is unlocked in the post. I doubt ATT will ever unlock a phone for you - no matter how hard you fight. Unlocking a Treo 600 isn't too hard. Even a dummy like me can do it. Check out mytreo.net if you are interested.
    Right, she did say that. She also didn't know the BB had a sim card...just trying to help out. Maybe you also have specific reference at mytreo.net for her?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your help. I found his sim card and inserted it into my treo600. It works. Now when I get my GSM Treo650 (WHENEVER THAT IS) I can give him my t600 and he won't be so upset about the $$ spent. :-)
    Darlene