Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I spoke to a T-mobile rep today and he informed me T-mobile will start selling the Treo 650 on Dec. 15 (NYC area).
    AWESOME!!! I really hope that's true. Tho I will probably get an unlocked GSM from palmOne instead and use it with my current TMo sim
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Thatís great news, lets hope that it is true.
    I just called them too...the CSR I talked to said they didn't have it in their system AT ALL...and that if it was about to be released they would have had training on the new model, which they haven't. She thought maybe after the first of the year.

D^MN! I wish there wasn't so much mis-information going around...this is getting very frustrating.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I just called them too...the CSR I talked to said they didn't have it in their system AT ALL...and that if it was about to be released they would have had training on the new model, which they haven't. She thought maybe after the first of the year.

D^MN! I wish there wasn't so much mis-information going around...this is getting very frustrating.
    I just got that same answer when I called.
    Humm, first ever post to say T-Mobile will have Treo 650 one day earlier than the rumored Cingular (which I don't think will happen either). Don't think this is going to happen.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    As I've said before, I'll believe it when it's in my hands.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by phc9741
    I spoke to a T-mobile rep today and he informed me T-mobile will start selling the Treo 650 on Dec. 15 (NYC area).
    What year?
    On behalf of the many disgruntled Treo owners on TZones that were just slapped in the face by the closing of ports...

They can shove the 650 and their hit and miss cell service...

We were getting value.... now were getting a second rate service....
    Get your 650 from a better service so that it is useable when you need it...
    Last edited by TrySpammingMe; 12/15/2004 at 07:12 PM.
    yeah right. We will c it in Late march or April. There is no way they are getting it anytime soon
    Quote Originally Posted by phc9741
    Anyone have any news? I seriously doubt that T-Mobile of all carriers would have 650s before January 20th...
    Yeah, today's the day, no news, and the poster with one post hasn't returned. End of story. My guess for T-Mobile is March at earliest.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    this should be parallel along with EDGE activation, by market
  14.    #14  
    yes, i'm aware t-mobile didn't come out with the Treo650 on dec. 15. i've been waiting since november for a treo650 gsm. all i can say is the guy from t-mobile lied to me. any case, i'll switch my service to cingular; more than likely cingular will distribute the treo650 before t-mobile.

however, given the announcement of the merger between sprint and nextel there will be pressure on t-mobile to upgrade their infrastructure. the question is whether t-mobile has the cash reserves or the ability to incurr debt to speed accelerate the build out of an EDGE infrastructre.

it will be some time before t-mobile will adopt EDGE. 98% of wireless carrier's revenue comes from voice, not data. voice is a commodity and data is a potential differentiator. EDGE is a nice concept but transfer rates will vary from tower to tower depending on the numner of downlink time slots.
    I don't think any of the GSM carriers are going to have the 650 before Jan. 20th. And based off of past experience, T-Mobile probably won't have 650s for months after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk5
    I don't think any of the GSM carriers are going to have the 650 before Jan. 20th. And based off of past experience, T-Mobile probably won't have 650s for months after that.
    Probably true but hopefully irrelevant. The issue is much more one of an unlocked GSM phone than it is one of carrier sales. I expect that when such a phone is available, in addition to being available from a carrier, it will also be available from one or more distributors, like BLT or GSMPhones, and at some point, even from TreoCentral and P1.

It is in the nature of GSM that when one puts a T-Mobile SIM in an unlocked GSM phone, it will work on the T-Mobile Network. I cannot remember how long the gap was between the time that I got my T600 in December of 2004 and began to use it on T-Mo and when T-Mo finally offered it for sale. What I do remember is that when I put my T-Mo SIM in that Cingular branded phone, both voice and data worked w/o any further personalization or contact with T-Mo. I also remember that profiles for T-Mo, T-Zones, and T-Mo VPN automagically, not to say mysteriously, appeared on my 600.
    fyi...
    Article in The Street .com about PalmONE apparently they are backed up with 600's...Coming soon to an Ebay near you...a flood of 600's?

http://www.thestreet.com/stocks/troy.../10199799.html

.....Although the company still plans to roll out its new Treo 650 smartphone to its existing wireless carrier partners by the end of its fiscal year, the device won't be available on some of those networks until later than the company originally expected, company officials said. .....

..... At the end of the second quarter, palmOne and its carrier partners were holding nearly 21 weeks worth of Treo smartphones in inventory. Additionally, the company and its distribution partners held another 9.6 weeks worth of inventory in its handheld devices. Both of those figures are well above the company's targets, analysts noted. Company officials played down the inventory swell. Handheld inventory was at a reasonable level considering that distributors and retailers were bulking up for holiday sales, Morali said. Meanwhile, the smartphone inventory had much to do with the transition from the older Treo 600 to its recently released Treo 650, he said. "Carrier partners that are currently only selling the 600 have indicated that they are satisfied with their inventory position going into the holidays," said Morali. "Therefore we are comfortable with current channel inventory levels." .....Needham analyst Charles Wolf in a note issued Friday. "Given the Treo's $600 retail price point before carrier subsidies, we believe that such an increase in market share is highly unlikely," Wolf noted, maintaining his "hold" rating on palmOne shares.
    Last edited by TrySpammingMe; 12/21/2004 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe

..... At the end of the second quarter, palmOne and its carrier partners were holding nearly 21 weeks worth of Treo smartphones in inventory. ...... Meanwhile, the smartphone inventory had much to do with the transition from the older Treo 600 to its recently released Treo 650, he said......
    They still have not learned the lesson that pre-availability hype of the new product dampens demand for the old.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Probably true but hopefully irrelevant. The issue is much more one of an unlocked GSM phone than it is one of carrier sales. I expect that when such a phone is available, in addition to being available from a carrier, it will also be available from one or more distributors, like BLT or GSMPhones, and at some point, even from TreoCentral and P1.

It is in the nature of GSM that when one puts a T-Mobile SIM in an unlocked GSM phone, it will work on the T-Mobile Network. I cannot remember how long the gap was between the time that I got my T600 in December of 2004 and began to use it on T-Mo and when T-Mo finally offered it for sale. What I do remember is that when I put my T-Mo SIM in that Cingular branded phone, both voice and data worked w/o any further personalization or contact with T-Mo. I also remember that profiles for T-Mo, T-Zones, and T-Mo VPN automagically, not to say mysteriously, appeared on my 600.
    Yeah, I am not going to wait around for T-Mobile either I plan to get the unlocked GSM version shortly after it is available.
    Where is the Treo 650 for TMobile. You guys say Dec. 15.....today is Dec. 29 and I'm still waiting....... I'm kidding.

Never believe the hype.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast