Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I have a new unlocked 650 from vienna channels. I'm using the famous faludi proxy server settings and its going well. I feared that with the 650 the t-zones option would be gone. It occured to me though that the settings are embedded in the SIM card, not the firmware of the phones. The phone and the browser are MUCH faster than the 600. The download speeds are still about 34k but the response of the browser is so much faster it feels like a 3x speed bump. For doing simple email and web browsing it has now (for me) passed that painfully slow speed that the 600 seemed to have. For $5 a month it is the best deal going I think. The cost to get Cingular's edge (which is indeed faster) is way to much for what I would get.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    In Prefs>Network>Menu>New, one can add a new GPRS connection profile and enter in an IP address by clicking on Details>Advanced from within that newly created profile, but there is no field to enter a port number. Would it be theoretically possible for a developer to write a small app to allow for the entry of a port field, thereby allowing the possibility of entering full proxy server information on a system-wide basis?

Yes, PLEASE, can someone do this? Then so many more apps would work with T-Zones!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    For some reason, I'm unable to access many sites that require cookies (which is to say, 90% of all sites) while using the t-zones proxy. I can probably live with it, but has anyone else had the same problem?
    - pc
    I remember I had some problems with some websites (https and cookies) using the t-mobile proxy. but it works fine with my own proxy. I had to clear my cookies once though (in blazer, preferences, advanced, memory management).
    UPDATE: As of 5/6/05 - I am using the "Faludi Proxy" with Blazer and the $4.99 unlimited T-zones plan for unlimited, full web access with my unlocked 650. It is working very well!

NOTE: I had to wait 72 hours after subscribing to T-Zones for this to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by miked378
    Does anybody know of a list of programs that support proxy servers? It's really too bad that you can't set a proxy on a system-wide level, so that all programs (like Directory Access, or Vindigo) can connect to the internet...
    In Prefs>Network>Menu>New, one can add a new GPRS connection profile and enter in an IP address by clicking on Details>Advanced from within that newly created profile, but there is no field to enter a port number. Would it be theoretically possible for a developer to write a small app to allow for the entry of a port field, thereby allowing the possibility of entering full proxy server information on a system-wide basis?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfhhllp
    Yes, PLEASE, can someone do this? Then so many more apps would work with T-Zones!
    Can a more technically-oriented Palm OS user/developer let us know if this is even possible? I would definitely pay for such an app.

There is now a 4cast weather plugin for ZLauncher I would love to use, which is the latest in a long line of apps that I can't use due to the t-zones connectivity limitation.

All together now: "system-wide proxy setup! system-wide proxy setup! system-wide proxy setup!"
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just updated my unlocked GSM on tmobile to the new 1.13 update and now I can't get anything to download on the internet (blazer). Anyone else update and still have the workaround working?

update: hmm now working jumped to too quick a conclusion.
    Last edited by mnfats127; 06/17/2005 at 06:07 PM. Reason: working now
    I've been on the 19.99 plan for about a year in NYC and am wondering if I can move onto a TZones plan, but the proxy workaround doesn't seem to work from what I can tell.

I've tried entering it into the Blazer advanced configuration and it doesn't work.

I've even tried going into the connection log on the Treo and pinging 216.155.165.50 and m32a59bd8.tmodns.net (which incidentally resolves to the same IP address as 216.155.165.50). The pings time out.

So either:
    1) The proxy no longer lives at this address, or
    2) There is some separation in the tmobile network that means that Unlimited VPN Internet users like myself can't reach that IP address

Does anyone have any other proxy server addresses that I could try?

Thanks,

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    I've even tried going into the connection log on the Treo and pinging 216.155.165.50 and m32a59bd8.tmodns.net (which incidentally resolves to the same IP address as 216.155.165.50). The pings time out.

So either:
    2) There is some separation in the tmobile network that means that Unlimited VPN Internet users like myself can't reach that IP address

Thanks,

Mark
    The proxy still lives at that IP address. I'm on tzones and have had no problems using it for the past 6 months (just tried it again just to make sure ). Working fine.

That is the only IP address I have ever known though, so unfortunately I can't offer any alternatives to try.

Anyone?
    The proxy still lives at that IP address. I'm on tzones and have had no problems using it for the past 6 months (just tried it again just to make sure ). Working fine.

That is the only IP address I have ever known though, so unfortunately I can't offer any alternatives to try.

Anyone?
    Thanks for the info. Can you confirm that you have upgraded with the 1.13 patch and you can still use the proxy?
    Also, what T-Zones are you using? T-Zones, or T-Zones Pro?

Thanks again
    Thanks for the info. Can you confirm that you have upgraded with the 1.13 patch and you can still use the proxy?
    Also, what T-Zones are you using? T-Zones, or T-Zones Pro?

Thanks again
    I'm actually on a 600, so the update did not apply to me. I'm just one regular t-zones.
    I've been on the 19.99 plan for about a year in NYC and am wondering if I can move onto a TZones plan, but the proxy workaround doesn't seem to work from what I can tell.

I've tried entering it into the Blazer advanced configuration and it doesn't work.

So either:

I believe in order for this proxy setting to work you have to:
    1. Subscribe to T-zones (I am on the $4.99 unlimited plan)
    2. Go to Prefs-Network-Service and select "T-zones"
    3. Set the custom proxy setting in Blazer and use port 8080
    Now when you turn on Blazer, it should say "Connecting to T-zones"

BTW - I have upgraded to firmware 1.28 ROW 1.13 and this setup still works fine for me.

It should be noted that a recent thread implies T-zones is no longer available as an option for T-mo users (as of yesterday)

Can anyone confirm/deny this? Not that it matters to me - I already have T-zones
    Im excited to know that the proxy settings directly through T-mobile works great, looks like thou it is application specific. I downloaded the Java MIDP applet for the Palm 5.0, and when I go to install a new one, w/o the proxy it times out, with the proxy, it freezes the app, and I have to hard reset. Anyone had this problem? Does anyone know if this is a limitation fix, in the sence that proxy is limited in this way, or if it's just a block on t-mobile's proxy that is preventing this?

I guess im wondering if I go through the hassle of installing a proxy on my network, will it have a better chance of working, or not?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145 View Post
    It should be noted that a recent thread implies T-zones is no longer available as an option for T-mo users (as of yesterday)

I just manually looked for this thread and can't find in anywhere on TC. Is it me or ?? I refreshed and still didn't find it.
    Last edited by simba; 06/28/2007 at 12:56 PM.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345