Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 94
  1. #21  
    Solution is to use the T-Mobile proxy:

    Proxy Server: 216.155.165.50
    port: 8080

    Since this is T-Mobile's server, there's no significant change to your level of security.
    Last edited by faludi; 12/11/2004 at 10:25 AM.
  2. #22  
    good find faludi (it looks like the port 8080 might be somewhat open after all) ... unfortunately it looks like this proxy doesn't support https which I need for some web sites ...
  3. #23  
    Nice try Faludi...A+ for efforts...

    The lights came on... started commicating...but nobody was home....
    This REALLY sucks!
  4. #24  
    Faludi,
    You're a genius! Works for me. Hooray!!!
  5. #25  
    I am able to connect using https (SSL) just fine via the proxy server using Blazer (the built-in web browser) on a Treo 600. SSL sites take a little longer to come up, but I have a 100% success rate so far.
  6. #26  
    I'm new to both Treo and T-Mobile. I signed up for unlimited t-zones. Without setting the proxy server on Blazer I was not able to connect at all. With setting the proxy server to 216.155.165.50:8080 I can connect, but only to some of the tzones sites.

    Can any of the proffesionals here tell me:

    1. Can I wirelessly sync my avantgo channels with tzones on? If yes, how? (perhaps reset the port ... which one?)

    2. Is it possible for me to use google, mapquest, etc. through tzones on my t600? If yes, what setting do I still need to change for it to work?

    The more detailed your instructions the better.

    All the best.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by chabsin
    I'm new to both Treo and T-Mobile. I signed up for unlimited t-zones. Without setting the proxy server on Blazer I was not able to connect at all. With setting the proxy server to 216.155.165.50:8080 I can connect, but only to some of the tzones sites.

    Can any of the proffesionals here tell me:

    1. Can I wirelessly sync my avantgo channels with tzones on? If yes, how? (perhaps reset the port ... which one?)

    2. Is it possible for me to use google, mapquest, etc. through tzones on my t600? If yes, what setting do I still need to change for it to work?

    The more detailed your instructions the better.

    All the best.
    I could and was on Avantgo with TZones until last week... Now nothing and Tmo wants me to upgrade to 19.99 was using mapquest and google as custom pages on Avantgo

    Avantgo WAS sweet, and wasn't too slow to get download but
    NOT worth 19.99 per month... The SOB's at TMO are playing games
  8. #28  
    By the way as you are a new user .. I suggest you take your TREO to a better place... TMo has spotty service at best, and you can take your TREO elsewhere

    These phone Nazi's (owned by Deutch Telecom) are getting worse at every turn.. They have beeen screwing with this Tzones thing for months... constantly changingthe rules
  9. #29  
    i am a new tmo subscriber and i just signed up for tzones 3 hrs ago
    earlier i used to be able to signin to tzones i used to seee the green arrows near the bars on top now it is giving me an error

    GPRS connection not avaialanle check network settings error 0x1743 (something like that)

    any clue ??
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by faludi
    Solution is to use the T-Mobile proxy:

    Proxy Server: 216.155.165.50
    port: 8080

    Since this is T-Mobile's server, there's no significant change to your level of security.

    Damn, where did you get this IP Address, I know once it changes, then its all over.
  11. #31  
    Rcgroup,
    As the title of this discussion states, TMO doesn't allow T600 to access web pages using Tzones. If you're new to T600 and this forum, you're in bad luck. The $4.99 TZones fee you pay for T600 is just waste of money. If you want to surf, you'll have to subscribe to the $19.99 plan.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravic
    Rcgroup,
    As the title of this discussion states, TMO doesn't allow T600 to access web pages using Tzones. If you're new to T600 and this forum, you're in bad luck. The $4.99 TZones fee you pay for T600 is just waste of money. If you want to surf, you'll have to subscribe to the $19.99 plan.
    Lies.
  13. #33  
    Faludi,

    YOU ROCK DUDE!!!! I'm even getting into my SSL based online banking account. The only thing that's not working is Shoutcast. I wish Pocket-Tunes allowed for a proxy.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Lies.
    I agree. They are liars!!!!. T-mobile's own website states that the treo 600 can be used with the t-zones service plan to access email and html websites.
    The web link to the specifics was posted by another TC member in this forum last week.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64982

    But of course they don't honor their own policies or notify any users that they are making changes that can affect them.
    Thanks T-mobile.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    Faludi,

    YOU ROCK DUDE!!!! I'm even getting into my SSL based online banking account. The only thing that's not working is Shoutcast. I wish Pocket-Tunes allowed for a proxy.

    I spoke too soon. Seems my online banking hangs.

    GRRR!!!!
  16. #36  
    OK ... it seems it was a problem with my new account ... as of this evening, Web Access (through the tmobile proxy mentioned earlier) and snappermail work fine (albeit slow ...). But Avanto doesn't work ... tried changed to port 443, 143, 8080 (all these were mentioned in various places on the web) but no go ...

    Additional note: I have another account without tzones ... just checked it with this phone and was able to use snappermail, as well as log on to the web ... does this mean that I don't even need tzones to surf the net? Or would they be charging me by usage?

    Thanks to everyone for their help!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe
    These phone Nazi's (owned by Deutch Telecom) are getting worse at every turn.. They have beeen screwing with this Tzones thing for months... constantly changingthe rules
    The T-Zones thing is infuriating, mostly for its inconsistancy, but so is your post calling T-Mobile Nazis because they are associated with a German corporate company. As far as I can tell, all of the decisions being made about t-zones in the US market are probably being made by American managers. No need to be xenophobic, Germany (and Italy for that matter) are no longer extreme facist countries...

    Anyone else having messed up formatting after entering that proxy server in?
  18. #38  
    Ok Lets all just CALM down a little bit.
    Yes T-Mobile has been a little bit vague and wishy washy when it comes to T-zones and usage etc. But let's face facts. The mere ability for us to use t-zones saves us a TON of money over the other carriers. A worst case scenario of paying the 20$ is still way cheaper than Cingular or Verizon (I can't quite figure out the sprint plans)

    Why don't we skip the shrill hysteria of comments to T-mobile and stick the task of work arounds and supporting each other with the knowedge we have. The beautiful fact is that we have choices. Right now my needs tend toward the need for economy which T-mobile is perfect for. If i needed high speed i'd make different choices etc.

    MAJOR KUDOS to Faludi for his awesome discovery. The other workaround for data is to use a dialup account for your avantgo or vindigo etc. If you use your eve-wknd minutes it will be free. The next best sollution is the $20 internet plan from T-mobile.

    Lets stick to the fun of squeezing the most out of our carriers and not denegrating them.

    Jack
    NYC
  19. t1234's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #39  
    Kudo's to comments by jvanyc.....it was great while we had it for free, but nothing lasts forever. Thanks to the postings re how to work around it.
  20. #40  
    Even with the workaround, T-Mo and/or Yahoo are blocking access to full-site YahooMail - no matter how often try to log in, it prompts for a password.

    If you find other sites blocked, let us know.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

    Treo Hater's Club

    Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions