Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I, too, had my t-zones service blocked. When I called customer support they told me that either my sim card was going bad or my Treo was not working properly.

Later I went to Network preferences and from the drop down menu changed the network from T-zones to T mobile internet. It works fine now. I don't know if they will start charging me to unlimited internet or not. Since they never told me that I was blocked from the t-zones, I figure that anything I can do to get connectivity (that I am paying for through t-zones) is fair.
    Too good to be true for me. I couldn't connect for web or mail on T mobile internet or vpn. I tried the "untitled", and connected, but could not open any pages, nor did mail work. Back to T-zones setting, and can at least do email.
    Bob
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    if you have access to internet on your network settings that means you're probably being charged. Log onto your t--mobile account and you should be able to check (w/out calling and alerting TMO CS --
    YOU ARE LUCKY!!
    I think its entirely possible that the provisioning for the unlimited internet and the billing for it are not "connected"
    Just check your past bills and keep your head down and use it!!!!
    I bet you will go months with "Discounted" unlimited internet service.

Quote Originally Posted by chasjane
    I, too, had my t-zones service blocked. When I called customer support they told me that either my sim card was going bad or my Treo was not working properly.

Later I went to Network preferences and from the drop down menu changed the network from T-zones to T mobile internet. It works fine now. I don't know if they will start charging me to unlimited internet or not. Since they never told me that I was blocked from the t-zones, I figure that anything I can do to get connectivity (that I am paying for through t-zones) is fair.
    Can't access web anymore in Houston. Only e-mail. Tzones plan.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Funny thing just happened...not sure if just me or others too? Sometime around 5 pm EST, lost pop3 email with T-zones. Like everyone else, had both email and web access until TMO closed the portal for web, but still had access to email. Until today?

Nothing changed in my settings...double checked, and in fact did a hard re-set and restored with backup.
    actually nothing works....
    not even my nokia when i move the sim over to it....
    seems that they might be working on the network tonight since i have got it to work for a minute then lose it again....
    for a while i couldn't even get a gprs connection
    Yup, T-Zones GPRS is apparently down right now.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    It's up this morning....guess it was the network. And I did a hard re-set twice....damm :-)
    Here is my little T-Mobile story:

I was a previous Voicestream subscriber and did not change when it became T-Mobile, even though my contract expired long ago. When I upgraded to the Treo 600, I went into a T-Mobile store to set my wife and I up on the the family talk paln blah, blah. At that time the rep explicitly told me I did not need the $19.99 Internet package unless I wanted to access certain secured sites etc., and that for general surfing, the T-Zone GPRS would be fine and the bargin price of $5. So, months go by and everything is just peachy - I can access all the sites I try without a problem.

However, a couple of days ago, suddenly, nothing works. I call tech support and get fed the line that "that is a data device it does not work with T-Zones." So how, then, was I able to get access the internet for months before? I kid you not: "Oh, that was a glitch. You may have to be charged for that." Really. Anyway, I call to complain in general that the T-Mobile is attempting to bait-and-switch me into $15 more a month when it dawns on me that I have yet to try this site to find the "real" solution. In ten minutes (half the time I was on with the braintrust of T-Mobile tech support) and I have full access again (thanks to the "workaround thread"). Although I am very tempted to call up the pencil-necks and hurl slurs at them until they admit they are incompetent lying weasels, I will instead be a tad bit more positive and post a heartfelt thank you to all those who make up the treocentral community.

Thank you for making my life a little less moron-ridden.
    Happy Holidays.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I think they are playing us for fools....Can you say Bait and switch???
    Internal TMo memo i found on a yahoo cell phone site

Just a reminder, this was sent out a few days ago:
    Please be aware of some network changes that T-Mobile is making. We are
    going to be added rules to the firewall that will prevent customer that have
    any of our T-Zones SOCs from putting there SIM in a PDA or Data Card and
    having full access to the internet. You might start to get some calls about
    this in the coming days.?

This will affect the IPAQ, TREO, unsupported PDA?s and any other device
    which requires full access to the internet. It will also prevent customers
    from going to HTML pages unless they decide to get the internet SOC. Some
    web pages may appear to work but this is due to the website itself providing
    a WAP page instead of an HTML page when it detects their device/browser.
    Please be sure that the customer is not going to HTML pages prior to logging
    a trouble ticket.

This SHOULD NOT affect Blackberry?s (Only the 7100T can browse HTML sites,
    the rest are WAP only), Sidekicks, or phones which only use T-Zones and WAP
    pages.

Customers using the WAP APN on HP iPAQ WILL NOT be affected by these changes
    as long as they have a T-Mobile Internet Rate Plan or SOC. The firewall
    changes only affect customers who are accessing HTTP and who ONLY have a
    t-zones level SOC. These customers were not meant to access HTTP and
    therefore, the changes will block them from doing so.

So, in a nutshell, if you want to browse the internet on a PDA or Data Card,
    you will need a T-Mobile Internet SOC or Rate Plan, regardless of which APN
    you are using.

WAP APN IS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE, THE CORRECT SETTING FOR HP IPAQ.

Who WILL these Firewall changes affect???

Customers who have a t-zones SOC (ex $4.99 or $9.99 t-zones) and attempt to
    access HTTP on a PDA, Data Card, or some 3rd party handsets that have HTTP
    browsers

EXAMPLE:

Customer has t-zones $4.99 and accesses WAP on his handset, but also takes
    that SIM and uses it to access the Internet on his Sierra Aircard. After the
    Firewall rules, the customer can still access WAP on his handset, but will
    need to change to A T-Mobile Internet SOC for him to access the Internet on
    his Sierra Aircard.

End ----
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123