Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Call and say you want to cancel your service. You'll get sent to sales or customer retention. They don't let Indians work in those departments. You can then vent at them and let them know how unhappy you are.

worth a shot.
    After talking to a tech for a few minutes (after being transferred by the other idiots several times), he said that I could be "grandfathered" into that $2.99 plan, but only "retention" could do it. To transfer to retention, you have to threaten to leave. So I threatened, and got transferred. The retention person would only give me the option of getting the $20 plan, or the $2.99 plan... but she said the $2.99 plan has a 1 meg max transfer limit. I was almost ready to switch to that plan, but 1 meg would get me what? 2 or 3 web sites before it was maxed out?
    But, now you're (with the $2.99 plan) saying that it's unlimited? You're not paying overages for when you surf a lot? Or, do you not really surf much, and therefore have never actually exceeded the limit?
    If the $2.99 plan really works, then that's definitely the better alternative. Just threaten to switch carriers, get forwarded to retention, and demand the $2.99 plan.
    Before I do that, though, I guess I'd like some more information on what you actually do with your access.

On another note, we supposedly have WAP access. What's a good WAP browser, and what are the WAP ports?
    Last edited by GregGaub; 12/08/2004 at 09:03 PM.
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    I also talked to T-Mobile and was told that port 80 was now blocked (Minneapolis area).

I was a heavy user and I'd love to fight, but I can't see any cheaper plan. I'm not sure that $20 per month for slow speed is worth it. I pay Earthlink $9 for dial up (when I'm away from fast internet) and that's at 54 KPS.

I do think that we ALL should call and complain. After all, Arlo Guthrie said it best in Alice's Restaurant:

"And friends, somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little folder, is a
    study in black and white of my fingerprints. And the only reason I'm
    singing you this song now is cause you may know somebody in a similar
    situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a
    situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into
    the shrink wherever you are ,just walk in say "Shrink, You can get
    anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.". And walk out. You know, if
    one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
    they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
    they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.
    And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
    singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an
    organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
    fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
    walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement."
    here in nyc. blazer dont work but snapper does
    I'm on the $2.99 plan (grandfathered) on my Nokia 3650 (waiting for GSM T650). My GPRS counter shows 2.28Mb out/2.51Mb in...I'm not a heavy user but do check email, google, maps, movie times, etc....I've never been billed for going over 1 Mb.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    what about setting up a proxy server? would that work?
    just a quick question does it make a difference if you get the $19.99 Unlimited Internet or the $19.99 Unlimited VPN with GPRS?
    I guess i just ate my own words. Blazer no longer works as of 12/9/04 in atlanta Ga. This most definatley means that i will be switching from t-mobile to (the very evil) sprint. I swore i'd never go back. But i am a heavy data user and $20.00 for slow gprs doesnt make alot of sense when i can get a much faster connection for $15.00. I'll review sprints plans and i should be making the switch in the next few months.

can anybody give me a good reason to stay with t-mobile now?
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    I guess i just ate my own words. Blazer no longer works as of 12/9/04 in atlanta Ga. This most definatley means that i will be switching from t-mobile to (the very evil) sprint. I swore i'd never go back. But i am a heavy data user and $20.00 for slow gprs doesnt make alot of sense when i can get a much faster connection for $15.00. I'll review sprints plans and i should be making the switch in the next few months.

can anybody give me a good reason to stay with t-mobile now?
    GO TO Sprint

Their not as bad as I had heard (just switched from Nextel). You just have to keep on them and make sure they don't miss anything in paperowrk. Check with your employer to see if they offer discounts so you can have a business account. They seem to at least treat business customers with some respect.

T-mo seems to be for people who wants a decent amount of minutes for a reasonalbe price but NOTHING else. Their add-ons and extras made my head spin here were so many different and conflicting offers and features.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    I couldn't access port 80 for several months now with the TZones. I'm debating if I should leave TMobile(after being with them for over 4 years back when they were called Voicestream).

I'm upset that they are doing this to us people. At least grandfather us in for those of us who signed up before they cut the ports on us.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I aam so furious right now its not funny.

I renewed my one year contrat the day prior... asking them not to change any settingson my line!

The next day... No port 80!

IN NJ you have 3 days to cancell contract... If they local dealer can't get it reinstated, Then he can have the other phones back on the new contract and cancel the contract..

Now I have NO Reason to stay with TMo... This was the only thing that they had going for them.... It sure WASN'T the recption or the coverage area...

HEY T _MO can you here me NOW????
    It's very frustrating for us Treo users. Sure we had the large amount of money to spend on the PDA-phone in the first place(comparing to general public purchasing cheaper phone alternatives).
    But I refuse to pay $19.99/mo for access to email and the internet! Reason why I don't want to go to Sprint is because the service for email and internet is not that much cheaper, $15/mo.

I wish all the companies followed Sprint, back in the day, when it was $10/mo unlimited internet.

I was surfing the web on various cell carriers on wanting to switch. TMobile has very good price plans(I have family time basic).

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I called T-Mobile last night and asked for retention. I explained that I was a customer since Aerial and that I had been told the port 80 would work with TZones when I renewed my contract last August.

The T-Mobile rep said that she was sorry for port 80 being closed and said that since I had been a customer for so long I could upgrade my voice plan with no extra expense to cover the additional cost of the full internet price. I took the deal because I T-Mobile still has the best rates for what I need and I appreciated her honesty and helpfulness.
    It is down in Tennessee too. I am long-time customer. What plan were you on, and what did they do to "upgrade" your plan with no extra expense - fewer minutes?
    Bob
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I also justed noticed last few days same problem. Have T-zones and had full POP3 email and web blazer access; since weekend lost the latter. In 'defense' of TMO (I don't work for them), they have been tightening up last few months. And they've always said Treo 600 requires full internet $19.99 plan; T-zones and free wap will not work. So while we had it, it was a freebie...guess no more!

Up to about mid/lateOct, I was able to access both POP3 email and internet via my Nokia 6820 and only had free wap access at that time as part of my overall package. Called TMO CS multiple times re Treo 600 over the course of 2 wks and got up to Tier 3...all claimed Treo 600 required $19.99 plan for get the same. Didn't believe them, played with the Treo 600, was able to us free wap for about 2 weeks to get pop3 email and then got shut out. Had no choice and added T-zones, got both up and running on the Treo 600. Then of course this weekend got shut out of the internet but so far pop3 emails still working.

Tier 3 did advise they are 'slowly' tightening up their firewalls and I can see only a matter of time before even pop3 email (and IMAP) will be shut down....then we're all stuck with paying the $19.99 plan.

If you look at another posting: working around t-zones, you see some technical solutions offered....with some cautions. Proceed at your own risk....
    Well, just got off the phone with T-mobile. The data rep told me that t-zones was never intended for pda phones. Then I pointed him to the treo 600 support article that JohnDiamant posted here.

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...ic/tm21837.htm
    it states that the treo 600 can be used with t-zones to access email and html websites.

He then told me the web page was out of date, and that the policy had changed.
    Then I asked to cancel my service and was transferred to retentions. They gave me a 69.99 credit and removed t-zones from my account and added t-mobile internet at $19.99. Basically, they gave me 4 free months of internet service. At the end of the 4 months, I will be out of contract and will port to cingular.

If anyone here is pondering what to do, I would call as soon as possible and see what retentions can do for you. I have a feeling they will update the treo 600 support website soon.
    I can understand the companies fears that people will signup for $10 internet service, and especially as the speeds increase just drop their home service.

$10/month, or even $20/month, isn't too bad when AOL dialup is over $20/month. And the speeds for some features aren't that much different from dialup. People might start doing Kazaa over it.

But limit it too much, not a good idea in my mind. I just like the ability to access an occasional web site during the day when I'm not at home, or have an emergency internet connection when I'm on vacation.
    All the better ...

Read the contract...I have 14 days to cancel...
    Woman on phone said there is a $200 cancellation fee...

Excuse me mamm... NOt if you are within the 14 days!
    This is where the threat of taking you number elsewhere is cool..

Do you think this might have been the plan all along to ropes us casual user in and hook us.. Thats is why they weened us off free wap???
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I'm on the $2.99 plan (grandfathered) on my Nokia 3650 (waiting for GSM T650). My GPRS counter shows 2.28Mb out/2.51Mb in...I'm not a heavy user but do check email, google, maps, movie times, etc....I've never been billed for going over 1 Mb.
    Same here, and I started my service in Metro Detroit. When I moved, changed my phone plan and my number, I confirmed that the data plan would not change. I was assured that it would not and the first billing has confirmed that...still $2.99 grandfathered in with over 5meg of traffic. Be sure to get to retention, they are the ones who can change plans and grandfather the data rates.

Good luck
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman
    Same here, and I started my service in Metro Detroit....
    Same here (Metro Detroit still).
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast