Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with a very, very reliable source (Not P1).
    Cingular's scheduled release date is December 16.
    I am guessing P1 would follow suit.

(My name had been changed to protect the innocent.)
    Wonder if that will be the case for ATTWS as well if it's correct
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Wonder if that will be the case for ATTWS as well if it's correct
    Yes, I believe when you click on any phone on ATT's page it goes to Cingular now. They are one with phone purchases, not one with plans yet.
    AT&T Wireless and Cingular are one and the same now.

Hopefully this rumor will come true.
    Anyone know if this will be locked to Cingular or not? I know the Treo 600 was not, but there is a lot of discussion on some phone boards that Cingular is about to start locking phones.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well Cingular did sell a locked triband Noka phone to a co-worker last week.
    Kind of ***** behaviour as he specifically told them he wanted to use it in Europe wih an Orange SIM.

Spent an hour on the phone with CS getting all kinds of excuses. I think it really is a policy change as the triband I got from them a couple of months ago was definately sold as unlocked. The whole point of GSM vs CDMA is it's a worldphone so locking it is just stupid.

***** behaviour on their part as all it did was get him angry at them and it only takes a minute to unlock a Nokia anyway with the freeware programs!

I'm kind of hoping the 650 shows up unlocked .. wishful thinking I suspect now that TMo are the enemy, not a network partner!
    GSM For palm one will be unlocked for sure. They show that everywhere.
    Sigh...I was hoping that the GSM model would be delayed because of course P1, knowing the memory problems would improve them for the GSM models. BOY was I dreaming!
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    any idea whether it will be available through telesales or storefront first?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    any idea whether it will be available through telesales or storefront first?
    I don't have that information yet, but will work on it.
    You can easily unlock virtually an Nokia in seconds and for free or if you're lazy you can pay someone on eBay $5 for the "secret". Just do a Google search for "unlock nokia"
    Quote Originally Posted by phil94028
    Well Cingular did sell a locked triband Noka phone to a co-worker last week.
    Kind of ***** behaviour as he specifically told them he wanted to use it in Europe wih an Orange SIM.

Spent an hour on the phone with CS getting all kinds of excuses. I think it really is a policy change as the triband I got from them a couple of months ago was definately sold as unlocked. The whole point of GSM vs CDMA is it's a worldphone so locking it is just stupid.

***** behaviour on their part as all it did was get him angry at them and it only takes a minute to unlock a Nokia anyway with the freeware programs!

I'm kind of hoping the 650 shows up unlocked .. wishful thinking I suspect now that TMo are the enemy, not a network partner!
    Talked with a Cingular rep in the store yesterday (San Antonio) and he told me he expects to see them in the store before Christmas.....

NOT TOO MUCH LONGER
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Talked with a Cingular rep in the store yesterday (San Antonio) and he told me he expects to see them in the store before Christmas.....

NOT TOO MUCH LONGER
    Lets hope that you’re right.
    a saleswoman at the palmOne store in the airport said sprint has a three month lock on the 650. she said gsm will not be available until february. and amazingly she sounded like she knew what she was talking about. she was absolutely positive.
    -- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=340

Giggle.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    My Cingular business rep is still telling me mid-December...
    Vince
    did your rep indicate what channels, i.e. telesales or storefront, that it will be available through?

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    She had the 600s before storefront or telesales, so I'm assuming (I know, I know) that will be the case with the 650 as well. Of course, it took telesales and the stores a LONG time to get the 600. Corporate was convinced that no one would buy them outside the business channel because of cost. With all the hype (compared to the 600), that may not be the case this time. I still imagine the high volume business folks will get first crack at them.
    We'll see...
    I'll post a note here as soon as she has a date or better yet, a box :-)
    Vince
    As an aside; this may be different elsewhere, but around here, you can't just look up a Cingular Business rep in the phonebook. I had to keep asking and asking until I found the right retail rep to give me a contact number. The best thing to do is go into a store and ask for a manager. Tell them you need a number for a Cingular Business rep. If they won't give you the info, wait and try a different manager, or go to a different store. I imagine they only exist in urban areas, so keep your eyes peeled :-)
    Last edited by vinman; 12/06/2004 at 02:40 PM.
    hmmmm

Any indication if it would be locked to the Cingular network or not?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    If you look at PalmOne's Knowledge Base, they state that the Treo 650 WILL be LOCKED (however, the Treo 600 will remain unlocked).

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast