Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 418
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    probably, but not if they come out with a fix for the memory problem.
    the fix is increasing the memory(thats my opinion)
  2. #162  
    I stopped at a Cingular Store while traveling in C. FL this week and the Rep told me that the "exclusive phone deals" usually run 100 days, i.e. the RAZOR is under exclusive for Cingular for 100 days....not sure how accurate that is but I think it would put the 650 GSM/Cig. release toward the end of FEB???
  3. #163  
    Well, stopped by the local store (in madison wisconsin) and asked if they had any more info about the 650's release date. The guy sounded like he knew what he was talking about, and that he didn't like management's decision to try and sell out the 600's first. As he knew, anyone that was looking to get a treo was going to wait until the 650 was available. And again....no specific date... But on the brighter side of things he confirmed that the $20 unlimited data plan was nuked, the new price would be $40. Basically screwing anyone that had, in his words "pretty much any phone that you would ACTUALLY want to use the unlimited data plan..." great...maybe now I won't get a smart phone, I'll just carry a 'regular' cell and a pad of PAPER!!!!
  4. vinman's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #164  
    The "sellout" logic is flawed in that the 600 is and will still a big part of the Treo lineup. They haven't discontinued it. Also, the 19.95 plan is still available (as of early this week, anyway). The reps who sound knowledgeable when they really aren't are the ones who cause us the most trouble. Some of these folks will tell us ANYTHING to keep from admitting they don't know an answer. Ask a different rep those same two questions and I'll bet you get different answers. It's a shame, but painfully predictible.
    Vince
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
  5. #165  
    Well now as posted on the front page ot treocentral we see that maybe it will be released on the 26th or 27th, i guess then we will find out about the pricing and the plans etc.

    But i feel sad now i might not have the money available until my tax returns to buy the phone. I have loan some money to my parent to pay a debt collection.
  6. #166  
    If you look at the media plan pamphlet, in small print on the back it says the price (19.95) is a 50% off introductory offer valid through 1/31/05. They haven't been hiding anything - right there in black and white!! Pretty bad though most of there own people aren't even aware of it!!!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  7. #167  
    As I said in the other thread you posted in:

    Yes, but if you have it NOW they aren't going to take it away. If I signed up with Cing based on a $20 plan 3 months ago and they suddenly pulled it and/or tried jacking it up to $40 I'd have grounds to cancel my contract without ETF based on their own contract of "any non-(gov't) required rate changes and you can cancel". Besides, even though it says 1/31 they could easily continue it or come up with a variation of the same thing for the same price (like they could remove the included SMS). Just because it says the CURRENT OFFER expires doesn't necessarily mean it will.

    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    If you look at the media plan pamphlet, in small print on the back it says the price (19.95) is a 50% off introductory offer valid through 1/31/05. They haven't been hiding anything - right there in black and white!! Pretty bad though most of there own people aren't even aware of it!!!!!!
  8. #168  
    I posted this a few days ago. What do you guys think?

    I hope I'm not the only one who is bothered by all those posts that emphasis that the new Treo 650 from Cingular will have a 39.99 data plan instead of the current 19.99. Well I did some research and I found the following on this thread.

    http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...pic.php?t=35829

    "The Mediaworks Unlimited Package $19.99 includes unlimited internet, where the $39.99 PDA package includes integrated e-mail run by cingular's servers.

    The email service varies based on which pda you have. Wireless Xpress mail for blackberry uses blackberry's server software, whereas Wireless Xpress mail for the SX66 uses a solution from Seven that pushes the mail directly to your Pocket PC and includes exchange services for your contacts so you can wirelessly sync.

    They are trying to get all SX66 users to use this service. However, unlike sprint which can effectively enforce this on it's ppc users cingular uses gsm cards that can be switched from phone to phone and they can't necessarily charge one customer one amount and other customers another amount for the same service. This results in some salesmen giving you the mediaworks package and other salespeople giving you the other package. If you think the e-mail is worth it pay an extra 20 bucks a month. It isn't an awful service and will sync your contacts on the fly if you have a hard reset.

    The whole open closed browser argument doesn't really fly, because other phones with open browsers aren't charged the extra money like nokia smartphones and mpx220's."




    "I cancelled the PDA PACKAGE for $39.99 a month as I don't need their Cingular Express mail. I only have Media Package for $19.99 a month and I can access Internet and I have set up Yahoo Mail in messaging to connect via Media Net or Internet (using wi-fi). Unless one needs their servers I think it's $20.00/month excessive spending."


    Now, from what I understand of all this spaghetti drama is that we will get two unlimited data plan options one with Cingular e-mail service for $39.99 and a regular Internet Access service for $19.99. That makes a lot of sense and Iím happy with that.



    Al
  9. #169  
    $20 for email, wow sounds like AOL all over again. Thanks for the info.
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    I am beyond frustrated. ATT would not have done busniness this way. I have talked with 5 different cs reps today all said different things.
    Rep #1 stated wont carry it at all.
    Rep#2 stated no Idea when
    Rep #3 stated not till mid 2005
    Rep #4 stated couple weeks
    Rep #5 stated not till mid feb sometime.


    WHO IN THE H*LL even knows. I am about to purchase either the Razr or the mpx220 and forget about the treo.

    Cingular is definately not getting off on the right foot

    wow, same exact post frpm hofo.com---why dont you try calling cingular and not attws
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    I posted this a few days ago. What do you guys think?

    I hope I'm not the only one who is bothered by all those posts that emphasis that the new Treo 650 from Cingular will have a 39.99 data plan instead of the current 19.99. Well I did some research and I found the following on this thread.

    http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...pic.php?t=35829

    "The Mediaworks Unlimited Package $19.99 includes unlimited internet, where the $39.99 PDA package includes integrated e-mail run by cingular's servers.

    The email service varies based on which pda you have. Wireless Xpress mail for blackberry uses blackberry's server software, whereas Wireless Xpress mail for the SX66 uses a solution from Seven that pushes the mail directly to your Pocket PC and includes exchange services for your contacts so you can wirelessly sync.

    They are trying to get all SX66 users to use this service. However, unlike sprint which can effectively enforce this on it's ppc users cingular uses gsm cards that can be switched from phone to phone and they can't necessarily charge one customer one amount and other customers another amount for the same service. This results in some salesmen giving you the mediaworks package and other salespeople giving you the other package. If you think the e-mail is worth it pay an extra 20 bucks a month. It isn't an awful service and will sync your contacts on the fly if you have a hard reset.

    The whole open closed browser argument doesn't really fly, because other phones with open browsers aren't charged the extra money like nokia smartphones and mpx220's."




    "I cancelled the PDA PACKAGE for $39.99 a month as I don't need their Cingular Express mail. I only have Media Package for $19.99 a month and I can access Internet and I have set up Yahoo Mail in messaging to connect via Media Net or Internet (using wi-fi). Unless one needs their servers I think it's $20.00/month excessive spending."


    Now, from what I understand of all this spaghetti drama is that we will get two unlimited data plan options one with Cingular e-mail service for $39.99 and a regular Internet Access service for $19.99. That makes a lot of sense and Iím happy with that.



    Al
    i have gotten kind of lost in the pricing arguement but what if you do not want any media plans and just a voic eplan on the 650?
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  12. #172  
    Good question and yet to be seen. When AT&T released the SMT5600 Smartphone in late October they REQUIRED a DATA plan although if you had a "good" rep they could finagle around it. If you look at the CINGULAR TREO REBATE FORM posted around here somewhere it REQUIRES a PDA DATA PLAN ($49) to get the rebate. So once again, time will tell what their final nefarious plans are. AT&T never could imagine anyone getting a Smartphone and using it only for contacts, notes and not wanting email or web.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i have gotten kind of lost in the pricing arguement but what if you do not want any media plans and just a voic eplan on the 650?
  13. #173  
    You are sort of right, but ........ The $20 plan is supposed to be for phones that are NOT DATA CENTRIC DEVICES - their special promotion not withstanding (like regular web enabled phones and NOT PDA's like the Treos or SX66's). The $49 PDA PLAN is supposed to be just as it is names .... for PDA's and data centric devices like the Treo or SX66. Once again, only time will tell how they apply it. That is how AT&T did it but it was "fixable" if you had a knowledgeable rep.

    The SIMPLEST WAY (should they decide to apply the pricing logic I explain above as ATT did) is to setup the cheapest unlimited data plan (whatever they call it or price it) on a cheap old web enabled phone then sim swap to the 650.


    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Now, from what I understand of all this spaghetti drama is that we will get two unlimited data plan options one with Cingular e-mail service for $39.99 and a regular Internet Access service for $19.99. That makes a lot of sense and Iím happy with that.



    Al
  14. #174  
    The AT&T rep you need to call is B2B and they are the same department as Cingular (the same guy handles both and can and will sell you NEW voice and data plans on AT&T as well as Cingular). They are the same people and will have the phones at the same time. When I called the other day he asked me if I wanted a BLUE or ORANGE plan for the Treo. He said BLUE had better voice plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    wow, same exact post frpm hofo.com---why dont you try calling cingular and not attws
  15. #175  
    Well the PalmOne website has been updated to say that GSM is coming soon... I suppose that is at least a step in the correct direction...
  16. #176  
    Can't you use T-Mobile for $19.99 a month?
  17. #177  
    Naveen,

    I did call cingular. I didnt call att. I only posted that one time. Why dont you try calling cingular and see how many different answers you get.

    Again, I just want the phone
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i have gotten kind of lost in the pricing arguement but what if you do not want any media plans and just a voic eplan on the 650?
    You can get no data plans if you want it. You don't have to get data. Also you can get measured data plans. I was on one for a while before MEdia Works was available.
  19. #179  
    Do you think once the released date is finally announced that actually getting one will be really really hard?

    i somehow expect to hear Sold out pretty fast and have to wait for another batch.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    Do you think once the released date is finallyed announced that actually getting one will be really really hard?

    i somehow expect to hear Sold out pretty fast and have to wait for another batch.
    I have tried not to think about it... I hope that they have stockpiled a bunch of GSMs, so it would just be a matter of shipping them. But chances are you are correct, and we will have to wait for a while if we aren't one of the lucky ones...
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions