Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Can someone tell me I'm wrong on this...

I heard today from the Cingular rep I deal with that GSM Treo 650 won't be out this month and likely not next month either. I hope he's wrong, but he did seem to have the inside scoop on the SX66 on had that in my hands two weeks prior to the official release.
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    This is what pisses me off about the AT&T/Suckular merger. I left Suckular for AT&T because of poor customer service and if I had a rep talk to me like that I'd take my business elsewhere. I wish T-Mo had GSM850...now I have only one choice and they can treat me like crap.

They had better get a real data plan for folks or they will lose out big time.
    Cingular treats me like Gold, and I don't spend gold so I don't know the deal. I have noticed that their Call center is the south, I think it is in Louisiana totally sucks. Although I am in Cali, if I call late or during a busy time, I get that office in Louisiana. I ask them, and if it is in the South, I hang up and call another time.
    No, because NO ONE REALLY KNOWS (well, I'm sure some people do, but I doubt any particular Cingular would). He may be right and he may be wrong because he knows as much any any of the other 500 reps who have come up with 250 different answers. If he knew for sure so would every other rep. Maybe he watches "Medium" and he talks to unreleased cell phones. While all the speculation is fun, it just gets silly after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton

I heard today from the Cingular rep I deal with that GSM Treo 650 won't be out this month and likely not next month either. I hope he's wrong, but he did seem to have the inside scoop on the SX66 on had that in my hands two weeks prior to the official release.
    how did or does he/she have an inside scoop?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    PRECISELY! From B2B Reps to BestBuy Managers looking up SKU#'s to websites publishing rebate certificates--Nobody knows the answer. Not even the Director of Product Marketing from PalmOne. I'll take that back he has a pretty good idea, but nothing definite.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    No, because NO ONE REALLY KNOWS (well, I'm sure some people do, but I doubt any particular Cingular would). He may be right and he may be wrong because he knows as much any any of the other 500 reps who have come up with 250 different answers. If he knew for sure so would every other rep. Maybe he watches "Medium" and he talks to unreleased cell phones. While all the speculation is fun, it just gets silly after a while.
    what gets me is that the market is there. all they are doing by holding back is forcing potential customers elsewhere. whether its to sprint or people just settling on a 600. I mean I am without a phone right now due to my 2yr old and a glass of soda, and eagerly waiting for the 650 as my upgrade date is 1/15.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP2375
    what gets me is that the market is there. all they are doing by holding back is forcing potential customers elsewhere. whether its to sprint or people just settling on a 600. I mean I am without a phone right now due to my 2yr old and a glass of soda, and eagerly waiting for the 650 as my upgrade date is 1/15.
    I'm sure Sprint paid handsomely for the 3-month lead time either in direct $$$ to PalmOne or in other significant vendor relationship commitments.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldw_58
    I'm sure Sprint paid handsomely for the 3-month lead time either in direct $$$ to PalmOne or in other significant vendor relationship commitments.
    they must have paid handsomely, and didnt they co develop the 650, or have something to do with the development which gave them the intial excluesive on the 650?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    These type of exclusive deals are fairly common in high-tech. Apple had an exclusive on the 1" 4GB drive initial shipments. That kept the other really small hd-based players out of the market and playing catch-up for a few months. All they had to do was give guarantees that they would use all of the drives manufactured during the period... Sounds like Sprint did something similar. They just pre-purchased the manufacturing capacity for the initial quarter...

Nothing quite like buying marketshare...
    Quote Originally Posted by kastegir
    These type of exclusive deals are fairly common in high-tech. Apple had an exclusive on the 1" 4GB drive initial shipments. That kept the other really small hd-based players out of the market and playing catch-up for a few months. All they had to do was give guarantees that they would use all of the drives manufactured during the period... Sounds like Sprint did something similar. They just pre-purchased the manufacturing capacity for the initial quarter...

Nothing quite like buying marketshare...

Well, I would agree if Cingular used the same technology. It may be possible that the GSM version was not yet ready, or finished testing. The Sprint version of the 650 had fewer changes than the GSM version, with adding EDGE and all. Could that be possible?

Cingular now says hopefully January 21st we will see the 650 in stores.
    I doubt that it will release in (Cingular) stores at the same time it releases online. Will it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I doubt that it will release in (Cingular) stores at the same time it releases online. Will it?
    A rep in a local store yesterday said that they would not get it initially and that I would have get it online or through a corporate acount manager if I wanted to get it in initial release.
    we usually see new phones online first
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Ok, I can now chime in with more speculation. My Cingular rep says between Jan 27 and 31st. (I am just reporting, not promising, and I also know, this is not news)
  15. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I am hearing about the same timing from my B2B rep. Very end of January.
    When sprint released the phone back in november, everytime i went to the mall i go into the sprint store to see if they had the Treo 650. I finally saw it x-mas week but very limited.
    I am beyond frustrated. ATT would not have done busniness this way. I have talked with 5 different cs reps today all said different things.
    Rep #1 stated wont carry it at all.
    Rep#2 stated no Idea when
    Rep #3 stated not till mid 2005
    Rep #4 stated couple weeks
    Rep #5 stated not till mid feb sometime.

WHO IN THE H*LL even knows. I am about to purchase either the Razr or the mpx220 and forget about the treo.

Cingular is definately not getting off on the right foot
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    Cingular is definately not getting off on the right foot
    That was why I was upset about Cingular's purchase of AT&T. I left Cingular for AT&T because of their customer service. And AT&T was really the only other GSM company that was going to be able to compete with them - T-Mo (at least in CA) is just rebranded Cingular. From what I've heard from other AT&T customers, customer service has gone down since the merger. But what would you expect from Suckular?
    When the Treo 650 finally comes out to GSM (cingular) are we all going to get the same deal as Sprint user did for a free SD Memory Card?

And If so do you think they ship them out quickly or you wait like 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    When the Treo 650 finally comes out to GSM (cingular) are we all going to get the same deal as Sprint user did for a free SD Memory Card?

And If so do you think they ship them out quickly or you wait like 3 months.
    probably, but not if they come out with a fix for the memory problem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast