Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    $299 is the Treo 600 new-activation price. It seems doubtful the 650 would be the same price. Something sounds wrong. Probably yet another rep who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground about the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    Well...I was given prices today with activation and without. I have already pre-ordered 3 treo650s from my rep. He tells me they will be shipped out in two weeks. I'll keep on pushing him to get an actual date.
    I also ordered 3 bberry 7290s at the same time. Those will get here on Monday.

edit: with activation, $299.00, $599.00 without. I asked about bundled bluetooth headphones, and he mentioned they may have those included.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    $299 is the Treo 600 new-activation price. It seems doubtful the 650 would be the same price. Something sounds wrong. Probably yet another rep who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground about the 650.

We already have Two phones with ATT and of course i want the Treo 650 when it comes out, do you think that by switching or moving my phone number over to cingular that would count as new activation?

When i spoke to a rep for cingular this past weekend i asked about my options when cingular finally releases the Treo 650 and he told me i could just switch one of the phone numbers over to cingular and the other phone stays in ATT, sorta take your phone number with, to me that sound like a new account, but i also hope the ATT side does not slap me for ending the contract..... i dont know cingular/att are confusing now one rep says one thing and the other doesnt know anything.
    ATT will charge you for ending a contract. Think of it as two companies where the phone portability works as well as promised. T-mobile->ATT or T-mobile-> cingular is horrible.
    ATT->Cingular is seamless (almost).
    You do, however, get MUCH better deals when switching from a carrier compared to new activation. Your phone will be cheaper, for one.
    Under my govement and educational contracts, I get rim 7290s for free if I switch to Cingular. I get my treo600s for $99 if I switch. New activations for 7290s are $199.
    New Activations for treo600s are also $199.
    I do have about 18 treo600 users and 36 rim users right now, so I also get preference that way.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    They will absolutely NOT charge you an early termination fee if you go from ATT->Cingular before your contract is out. They call that a "migration" (and actually want ATT'ers to do just that). It would be a new account, with a new contract and you would be entitled to a subsidized phone. They will charge you an $18 "migration fee." However you will now have TWO accounts rather then 1 account so you'll be paying the full price for both. You'd be better off migrating both numbers to a family shared plan (1 account) and paying $9.99 for the 2nd number.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    We already have Two phones with ATT and of course i want the Treo 650 when it comes out, do you think that by switching or moving my phone number over to cingular that would count as new activation?

When i spoke to a rep for cingular this past weekend i asked about my options when cingular finally releases the Treo 650 and he told me i could just switch one of the phone numbers over to cingular and the other phone stays in ATT, sorta take your phone number with, to me that sound like a new account, but i also hope the ATT side does not slap me for ending the contract..... i dont know cingular/att are confusing now one rep says one thing and the other doesnt know anything.
    I think there may be a major difference between business and personal phones on this.
    I never pay migration fees. However, I think the following are true:
    1) migration/porting over will get you a better deal than a new activation
    2) treo650s are released for business and personal at the same time
    3) You are better off having one account (customer service for both has already been merged, at least for the treo support, and is being handled by the Original Cingular people)

My speculation:

They will be available the week of the 17th.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    The week of the 17th puts it squarely along side my Cingular business reps claims that she should have them on the 20th. Still no updates from her, though. I'm having to use GREAT restraint in not bugging her for an update every day! I figure if I don't annoy her too much, maybe I'll actually get one soon after they are available instead of waiting until after several backorders are filled. We'll see how well my thoughtfulness pays off ;-)
    Vince
    Migration gets you the identical deal as porting OR as new account PLUS you have to pay $18 migration fee to migrate if you are under AT&T contract (at least for a personal account, not sure about a business acc't).
    I think there may be a major difference between business and personal phones on this.
    I never pay migration fees. However, I think the following are true:
    1) migration/porting over will get you a better deal than a new activation)
    Well thanks for the information guys, i guess i will find out what happens when the time comes, right now yeah i have a family plan with ATT on both phones and actually i dont pay 9.99 for the extra line i pay 19.99. I have the 39.99 local plan plus 19.99, you can only get the 9.99 plan if you get into a 59.99 plan or greater same thing with cingular, i had a whole discussion on the phone over the weekend after one rep said to me yeah you can get it for 9.99 and then finally in the end another rep said they made a mistake.

i guess when i finalll get the treo i will think about getting a family plan still but i guess add the data plan to the treo that will be the only difference.

They will absolutely NOT charge you an early termination fee if you go from ATT->Cingular before your contract is out. They call that a "migration" (and actually want ATT'ers to do just that). It would be a new account, with a new contract and you would be entitled to a subsidized phone. They will charge you an $18 "migration fee." However you will now have TWO accounts rather then 1 account so you'll be paying the full price for both. You'd be better off migrating both numbers to a family shared plan (1 account) and paying $9.99 for the 2nd number.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman
    Oh Engadget, please don't tease me! A picture from CES of a Cingular 650 GSM...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000977026056/
    I reset all three working models at CES and they were all Sprint. Although one was on Verizon network (I tried to connect to the internet and it said a Verizon account needed to be set up first), all three startup screens were Sprint and had Sprint BC in the apps menu.
    Well...I was given prices today with activation and without. I have already pre-ordered 3 treo650s from my rep. He tells me they will be shipped out in two weeks. I'll keep on pushing him to get an actual date.
    I also ordered 3 bberry 7290s at the same time. Those will get here on Monday.

edit: with activation, $299.00, $599.00 without. I asked about bundled bluetooth headphones, and he mentioned they may have those included.
    $300 price difference
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    The $299 is what they just reduced the "old" 600 down to and there's no way they're gonna sell a 650 for that price to the general public UNLESS he's referring to a FAN account discount (AT&T has foundation accounts where you get % discounts of list if you work for certain companies that have discount agreements with AT&T). While they USUALLY do not give discounts on PDA's a few FAN accounts get up to 50% off PDA's (depending on the company deal that was negotiated). My FAN account gives me 25% off all hardware but PDA's are excluded.

That's the only possible place the $299 figure came from (50% of $600) 'else the REP was looking at the 600 price.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    $300 price difference
    The $299 is what they just reduced the "old" 600 down to and there's no way they're gonna sell a 650 for that price to the general public UNLESS he's referring to a FAN account discount (AT&T has foundation accounts where you get % discounts of list if you work for certain companies that have discount agreements with AT&T). While they USUALLY do not give discounts on PDA's a few FAN accounts get up to 50% off PDA's (depending on the company deal that was negotiated). My FAN account gives me 25% off all hardware but PDA's are excluded.

That's the only possible place the $299 figure came from (50% of $600) 'else the REP was looking at the 600 price.
    that sounds right
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Btw I asked Cingular about that and I won't quote how much they said it would be (yikes, I am hoping she was wrong), but they also said, don't apply for the rebate (the one currently listed for 600, 650 and SX66) and you won't get moved. I don't know if this is true or not. Another idea is that people could put the sim in a cheapo phone order media works for $19.95 and then change the sim into the Treo. I guess they can tell what kind of phone you have by the phones registration, but I don't think they will do a witch hunt.
    I was in a Cingular corporate store today returning my SX66 (great phone but poor contruction IMO) and saw the price list for the Treo 650. It was listed as $449 with a 2-year committment before the rebate (which requires you to add the unlimited pda data plan so I would skip it). I didn't get a chance to see prices with a 1-year committment or no committment at all.

I know there are probably Cingular people on here that have a clue when the release date is or is supposed to be but I haven't seen anything firm posted yet. My rep at Cingular is supposed to be looking into it and getting back with me on Monday with what he finds. Normally I would not expect much, but this guy does a lot of business though me and hasn't let me down yet. He had my SX66 in my hands two weeks before it was released. If I hear anything I will post back
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    I was in a Cingular corporate store today returning my SX66 (great phone but poor contruction IMO) and saw the price list for the Treo 650. It was listed as $449 with a 2-year committment before the rebate (which requires you to add the unlimited pda data plan so I would skip it). I didn't get a chance to see prices with a 1-year committment or no committment at all.

I know there are probably Cingular people on here that have a clue when the release date is or is supposed to be but I haven't seen anything firm posted yet. My rep at Cingular is supposed to be looking into it and getting back with me on Monday with what he finds. Normally I would not expect much, but this guy does a lot of business though me and hasn't let me down yet. He had my SX66 in my hands two weeks before it was released. If I hear anything I will post back
    what was so bad about the 66?
    Naveen

Next Phone:

Sorry I was not clear on my post as I was responding to another. I was refering to the price of the data plan and not of the phone. In the LA Market the rebate form no longer refers to the "Unlimited PDA Data Plan", it was changed to "Unlimited Data Rate Plan" a few days ago. I called my rep and she said that people were confused, so I asked her what the Unlimited Data Rate Plan was and she said that it was that $79 unliminted plan. I said no one is going to pay that and she said, don't send in the rebate and you won't have to worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    what was so bad about the 66?
    I actually went through two SX66's. The slider on both of them was very loose. The first gradually loosened over the course of about three weeks and the second was loose out of the box. There was horizontal play in the top slider and a certain amount of vertical play as well (if you turned the unit upside down the screen portion of the unit would move slightly without resistance). I was tempted to move on to round three with the SX66 because otherwise the features were great, but read about a lot of similar problems with the PPC6600, XDAIII and PDA2K at howardforums and pdaphonehome so I decided to save myself the heartache and just reutrn it. Dropping the Treo600 for the SX66 was one of the worst decisions I've made. Now I'm waiting on the 650, although if the Moto MPx (aka MPx300) were to be released soon that would be awful tempting... The BenQ P50 looks pretty enticing as well.
    Speaking of the SX66...Cingular seems to have pulled it from its website. At least in my zone anyway. Wonder what that means?
    It usually means they are out of stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by foo fighter
    Speaking of the SX66...Cingular seems to have pulled it from its website. At least in my zone anyway. Wonder what that means?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Sorry I was not clear on my post as I was responding to another. I was refering to the price of the data plan and not of the phone. In the LA Market the rebate form no longer refers to the "Unlimited PDA Data Plan", it was changed to "Unlimited Data Rate Plan" a few days ago. I called my rep and she said that people were confused, so I asked her what the Unlimited Data Rate Plan was and she said that it was that $79 unliminted plan. I said no one is going to pay that and she said, don't send in the rebate and you won't have to worry about it.
    This is what pisses me off about the AT&T/Suckular merger. I left Suckular for AT&T because of poor customer service and if I had a rep talk to me like that I'd take my business elsewhere. I wish T-Mo had GSM850...now I have only one choice and they can treat me like crap.

They had better get a real data plan for folks or they will lose out big time.
    I actually went through two SX66's. The slider on both of them was very loose. The first gradually loosened over the course of about three weeks and the second was loose out of the box. There was horizontal play in the top slider and a certain amount of vertical play as well (if you turned the unit upside down the screen portion of the unit would move slightly without resistance). I was tempted to move on to round three with the SX66 because otherwise the features were great, but read about a lot of similar problems with the PPC6600, XDAIII and PDA2K at howardforums and pdaphonehome so I decided to save myself the heartache and just reutrn it. Dropping the Treo600 for the SX66 was one of the worst decisions I've made. Now I'm waiting on the 650, although if the Moto MPx (aka MPx300) were to be released soon that would be awful tempting... The BenQ P50 looks pretty enticing as well.
    I love the overall design of the 66, but from many I have heard that the slider is an issue with many. That is the only reason, i guess also the palm os, i am waiting for the gsm 650. i think the 66 blows the 650 out of the water in every way except the keyboard issue and I do not feel like holding a brick to my ear.
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast