Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    And the text with it:
    Yep, the wait is over: the Treo 650 got officially official today, and right on schedule, too (well, depending on whether or not you take into account them seriously jumping the gun and accidentally distributing the Treo 650 press release last week). No, you can’t buy it yet—you’re at the mercy of the carriers now, which won’t actually be offering the new smartphone until they’re good and ready—but at least we know that it can’t be too much longer now. And as we all already knew, the major improvements over the old Treo are Bluetooth, a higher resolution LCD screen, a faster processor, and a removable battery. The stuff we are disappointed by: still only 32MB of memory, supposedly some carriers will be crippling the Bluetooth, and the camera is still only VGA quality—no bump up to 1.3 megapixels like we’d hoped.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman
    Oh Engadget, please don't tease me! A picture from CES of a Cingular 650 GSM...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000977026056/
    hahaha...the caption under the picture states:
    Just a little teaser for everyone who is waiting for the GSM version of the Treo 650...

and the article linked to the picture it is dated Oct 24, 2004

I always hated a tease...
    The info inside the jpg reports the Cingular 650 pic was taken last night. Looks like someone got to play with the GSM 650 at a pre-CES event last night and knows something we don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    The info inside the jpg reports the Cingular 650 pic was taken last night. Looks like someone got to play with the GSM 650 at a pre-CES event last night and knows something we don't know.
    that is good news for us then!!!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Why? We played with a GSM model in November at the Roadshow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    that is good news for us then!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Why? We played with a GSM model in November at the Roadshow.
    in my opinion becasue we see a version of the cingular phone with some propretory(spelling?) software. if there is a version of software floating around also means some of the intial tests are done hopefully. just trying to look at it with the glass half full
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    in my opinion becasue we see a version of the cingular phone with some propretory(spelling?) software. if there is a version of software floating around also means some of the intial tests are done hopefully. just trying to look at it with the glass half full
    No offense, but a screen shot, or even a logo screen means the initial tests are done and the phone is ready to be released?
    How true! Yet another charter member of MY "forever a pessimist" club.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    No offense, but a screen shot, or even a logo screen means the initial tests are done and the phone is ready to be released?

just hoping...
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    None taken. While I am desperately optimistic I fear that all the shot means is that some Photo Shop artist has too much time on his hands...
    LOL....thanks for the sanity and let saner minds prevail.
    Hello all this is my first post.

blog treonauts has the picture also from CES but talks about why Cingular/ATT might have delayed the shipping of the unit.
    anyways here is the quote from them.

[Update] Here's an additional tidbit of information... There are specific rumors that Cingular/AT&T plans to begin shipments of their Treo 650 this January after the company had found problems with it and asked palmOne to fix them before they would release it. Apparently the now widely known memory and call quality issues were some of the things that needed fixing and while there's still nothing on the memory front it would appear that the "tin can call quality" has been rectified with a ROM/firmware update. Interestingly, tests purportedly showed that people most likely to have call quality issues were those with facial hair that rubs the phone - go figure. So, it looks like we might get a 'perfect' Treo 650 after all...
    Great first post. You'll be posting links in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    Hello all this is my first post.

blog treonauts has the picture also from CES but talks about why Cingular/ATT might have delayed the shipping of the unit.
    anyways here is the quote from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Great first post. You'll be posting links in no time.
    I was going to put a link to the story but then decided not to because since its my first post i didnt want to sound like a neff trying to push people to treonauts.
    Do you think if we just buy it off Palm or elsewhere besides Cingular, we can use our current $20 mediaworks plan on our sim to get unlimited internet? I think that if we voluntarily TELL them we have this device, they'll force us to get a more expensive plan. Ie: You buy the phone and the cingular people see you have mediaworks and will make you convert to a more expensive plan or you call them and they say, "oh, I see you have a Treo 650, data for that phone is $50.,) but if they think I just have my current phone, well, I just pop that sim in the 650... what do you think?

Mike
    As of now, yes. Just swap sims. In the future anything could change.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Do you think if we just buy it off Palm or elsewhere besides Cingular, we can use our current $20 mediaworks plan on our sim to get unlimited internet? Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Do you think if we just buy it off Palm or elsewhere besides Cingular, we can use our current $20 mediaworks plan on our sim to get unlimited internet? I think that if we voluntarily TELL them we have this device, they'll force us to get a more expensive plan. Ie: You buy the phone and the cingular people see you have mediaworks and will make you convert to a more expensive plan or you call them and they say, "oh, I see you have a Treo 650, data for that phone is $50.,) but if they think I just have my current phone, well, I just pop that sim in the 650... what do you think?

Mike
    Btw I asked Cingular about that and I won't quote how much they said it would be (yikes, I am hoping she was wrong), but they also said, don't apply for the rebate (the one currently listed for 600, 650 and SX66) and you won't get moved. I don't know if this is true or not. Another idea is that people could put the sim in a cheapo phone order media works for $19.95 and then change the sim into the Treo. I guess they can tell what kind of phone you have by the phones registration, but I don't think they will do a witch hunt.
    Word now seems to be by the end of February:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2366
    The article says "the rumbling form unidentified palmOne personnel suggests a release before the end of February." That could be tomorrow. My prediction has always been "before the end of this year." Betcha I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusbabe
    Word now seems to be by the end of February:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2366
    Well...I was given prices today with activation and without. I have already pre-ordered 3 treo650s from my rep. He tells me they will be shipped out in two weeks. I'll keep on pushing him to get an actual date.
    I also ordered 3 bberry 7290s at the same time. Those will get here on Monday.

edit: with activation, $299.00, $599.00 without. I asked about bundled bluetooth headphones, and he mentioned they may have those included.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else