Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by foo fighter
    Something interesting happened last night on Cingular's web site. At around midnight I payed a visit to the Phone and PDA section on the company's web site. A whole bunch of new phones were listed; including the Nokia 7610 among others. Sorry, the Treo 650 was NOT listed.

However, as of this morning all of said phones have been removed, and the listings are the same as previously offered. I'm not sure what was going on.
    i have seen that happen also before. hopefully, they are getting ready to add some new phones
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    What zipcode did you punch in? I couldn't see the Nokia 7610. As you might know, they display different rate plans and different phones for different zipcodes. A Wyoming rate plan is going to be different than a California or New York rate plan.

EDIT: I was thinking of ATT. They used to adjust rates by locale. However, I still did not see the Nokia 7610 on the Cingular site.

EDIT 2: It's the same as ATT. Punch in "37402" the zip code for Chattanooga, TN and see what phone choices you get versus New York City 10006. The selections and prices are different. In California the Treo 600 is listed for 399.00 w/2year agreement and in Chattanooga it's listed for 499.00 w/2yr agreement.
    Something interesting happened last night on Cingular's web site. At around midnight I payed a visit to the Phone and PDA section on the company's web site. A whole bunch of new phones were listed; including the Nokia 7610 among others. Sorry, the Treo 650 was NOT listed.

However, as of this morning all of said phones have been removed, and the listings are the same as previously offered. I'm not sure what was going on.
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/01/2005 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    What zipcode did you punch in? I couldn't see the Nokia 7610. As you might know, they display different rate plans and different phones for different zipcodes. A Wyoming rate plan is going to be different than a California or New York rate plan.
    Right, phone options sometimes vary by zip code or region. Perhaps this was simply a glitch that allowed me to see all phone options without filtering.
    7610 (and a couple others) is in 07036
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    7610 (and a couple others) is in 07036
    kool to see
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    26 phones available for NYC
    24 phone available for San Francisco (and no Noki 7610)
    Ok, so it sounds like my suspicion was correct. This was probably just a glitch that failed to filter out phones that are unavialable in my area. Nothing more.

Shucks...got all excited for nuttin. By the way, just out of curiosity...where is the Audiovox SMT5600 available? I've poked around my region using different zip codes but have so far failed to pull up anything.
    For some reasom Cingular hasn't picked it up (yet?). There has been discussion about that on other boards but no one has any explanation. It was only out a few weeks before the merger then disappeared. I understand it may still be available through AT&T's business side and on Amazon.
    By the way, just out of curiosity...where is the Audiovox SMT5600 available? I've poked around my region using different zip codes but have so far failed to pull up anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil94028
    Theres no way I'm getting a locked GSM phone .. or paying that much for data. I guess there's always Verizon who seem to want $80!

Locking really is a bit silly if they sell the phone with a contract and termination penalty they are covered anyway and all it does is annoy business travellers .. not a real smart idea as it negates a key advantage over CDMA!
    Actually VZW's unlimited is $45 and according to rumors they are reducing to $15-$20. It makes sense given EVDO.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...2&postcount=38

ITA about the locked/unlocked concern though. Why would I switch to Cingular for a locked phone and have to pay outrageous roaming fees when abroad?
    So I just get off the phone with Cing. from asking them the million dollar question of if the release date is available:

Conversation:

CING: "Yes we do, hold on one second, I just saw the realease date earlier today."
    (I'm starting to get excited)
    ME: "Sweet"
    CING: "Yep here it is right here.......early 2005"

What a bunch of lsers!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    So I just get off the phone with Cing. from asking them the million dollar question of if the release date is available:

Conversation:

CING: "Yes we do, hold on one second, I just saw the realease date earlier today."
    (I'm starting to get excited)
    ME: "Sweet"
    CING: "Yep here it is right here.......early 2005"

What a bunch of lsers!!!!
    spotin' wood, mmm maybe not
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Well Gizmodo is reporting that Cingular will be offering the new Blackberry phone later this month. This would coincide with earlier rumors pegging late Jan. as the timeframe for the Treo 650 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Actually VZW's unlimited is $45 and according to rumors they are reducing to $15-$20. It makes sense given EVDO.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...2&postcount=38

ITA about the locked/unlocked concern though. Why would I switch to Cingular for a locked phone and have to pay outrageous roaming fees when abroad?
    I still highly doubt it's locked and the fee for me roaming this summer is no-fee service and $1.29 a minute in europe, that is high? Unlimited Data with sms and mms is $19.95, that is high for freedom to roam 205 countries?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam
    Doesn't really tell us anything that we don't already know, does it. Just further reinforces earlier rumors that the 650 is coming to Cingular sometime this month for sure.
    Doesn't really tell us anything that we don't already know, does it. Just further reinforces earlier rumors that the 650 is coming to Cingular sometime this month for sure.
    Actually it FINALLY confirms it should be out in January, before this it was strictly speculation!!! Good find!
    Last edited by firefinder24; 01/05/2005 at 12:22 AM.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    And look at the "fine print." It REQUIRES the "unlimited PDA Connect Plan" for the rebate (which is either $40 or $50 depending on who you ask).
    Actually it FINALLY confirms it should be out in January, before this it was strictly speculation!!! Good find!
    hmm. by the end of the week, will the mets sign beltran or cingular announces 650? which is more likely to happen?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It still is speculation although I firmly believe the INTENT was/is January.

Reason 1) IF they are still testing (as per "THEY") and need to make changes you'll NEVER see it this month.

Reason 2) That PDF could have been produced MONTHS ago (just like Motorola's website with a Verizon promo that ended 2 months before the V710 ever came out on Verizon)

Reason 3) The above 2 reasons are pure speculation.

Signed,
    The Eternal Pessimist

Oh Engadget, please don't tease me! A picture from CES of a Cingular 650 GSM...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000977026056/
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast