Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    My Cingular contact says that they got the Siemens in already, but upon arrival they are so problematic that the distributed them to the techy administrators first to check out and resolve the issues. So, we will see. The phone looks interesting but that keyboard looks, lousy IMO. (May not be)
    the siemens unit looks way sexy! i have heard complaints of the keyboard sliding out on its own. i just dont know how much longer i can wait for the 650 though...
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well here in N. Calif, Cingular Corp Sales are saying Jan. for the 650.

We'll see what the reality is!
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I can second the Jan report. My Cingular business rep just sent me the email. I did get a specific date, though - January 20. Let's see how accurate that is...
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    I can second the Jan report. My Cingular business rep just sent me the email. I did get a specific date, though - January 20. Let's see how accurate that is...
    Vince

Yeah , the Jan. 20th date will probably mean some time between the 20th and the 31st.
    Jan 20th is my birthday, maybe that will be my birthday present
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    funny, I was thinking the same thing - my birthday is the 30th! I'd better start depositing good vibes in the kharma bank :-)
    Vince
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    ACK! My birthday is Jan 5th.
    Come on Cingular, please announce on or before my birthday. I promise to be good.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Doh! I just signed up with Cingular this week. Is there any chance they will offer the 650 sometime in the next 30 days while I'm still under the "Remorse period"? Otherwise I'll be stuck having to buy a 600.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Tell them you JUST found out about the 650, and you want one of those as soon as they are available or you'll cancel the contract (then just go back after they release the GSM 650 and sign up again). You might even tell them you'll take a freebie phone until the new Treos arrive (if you can live without one that long). It may not work, but I bet it will if you are nice and deal with a manager.
    Vince
    Not sure if this makes any difference, but I signed up over the phone direct with Cingular rather than a brick and mortar outlet.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I honestly don't know, then. You might try the same tactic with the phone reps, but it's always easier face to face. I'd hate to suggest this and be wrong, but if that doesn't work maybe you could call and postpone your contract date for a week or two. The downside would be if the 650 release is pushed back even further. If it isn't, then you'd be well within your 30 day return period...
    I just saw in another thread where the FCC has released the info on the GSM 650. They show the ATT branded unit with photos inside and out. They also have a link to the users manual, but I didn't check it out, yet. This signals that it IS getting closer, anyway.
    Vince
    Damn. Sounds like I have a lot of sweet talking to do.

We'll see what happens. I suppose I could threaten to go back with Verizon. I SOOOOOOO want a T650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego
    I just got off the phone with a very, very reliable source (Not P1).
    Cingular's scheduled release date is December 16.
    I am guessing P1 would follow suit.

(My name had been changed to protect the innocent.)
    So much for the very reliable source...
    Well I spoke with a customer service rep regarding my situation and they said I would have to send my phone back before the 30-day grace period expires and switch it out for a different phone. Whether the 650 is available by then is anyone's guess.
    Actually his source was "VERY VERY" reliable. You can add that one to the other 99 "reliable sources" that you can find reading all the various boards.

Maybe they are fixing all the "issues" before release. If so they can hold it back another month afaiac, but if they're just holding up the sealed packages in "original condition" in a warehouse somewhere until the alleged Sprint exclusivity expires that would be aggravating. Not that my life depends on getting one, but I'm still anxious after dumping my Verizon 7135 and moving over to AT&C. I miss my Palm device. In the interim I've tried a MS SMT5600 and SYMB Nokia 6620 and do miss playing Solitaire on my 7135. After borrowing a friends 600 for a couple weeks I sold my 7135 and went GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk5
    So much for the very reliable source...
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Not that my life depends on getting one...
    Mine does. For the love of God! Please, Cingular, release the damn thing already!!!

The really sad irony is that phone choice was one of the reasons why I switched from Verizon to Cingular. I'm going to hang myself with CAT5 cable if Verizon offers it BEFORE Cingular.

Seriously, I think January is the calendar month we'll see GSM 650 released by carriers..the only question is WHICH DAY. Like you I will be extremely pissed if they are sitting on Treos because of an exclusive contract with Sprint.
    LMAO ... me too. I quit Verizon after close to 20 years (under their various company names) in late October when the "release date rumors" started to abound. I was hoping AT&(C) would release it within the 30 days so I could return what I got for the 650. Then I heard about the Roadshow deal and didn't mind waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by foo fighter
    The really sad irony is that phone choice was one of the reasons why I switched from Verizon to Cingular. I'm going to hang myself with CAT5 cable if Verizon offers it BEFORE Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Actually his source was "VERY VERY" reliable. You can add that one to the other 99 "reliable sources" that you can find reading all the various boards.

Maybe they are fixing all the "issues" before release. If so they can hold it back another month afaiac, but if they're just holding up the sealed packages in "original condition" in a warehouse somewhere until the alleged Sprint exclusivity expires that would be aggravating. Not that my life depends on getting one, but I'm still anxious after dumping my Verizon 7135 and moving over to AT&C. I miss my Palm device. In the interim I've tried a MS SMT5600 and SYMB Nokia 6620 and do miss playing Solitaire on my 7135. After borrowing a friends 600 for a couple weeks I sold my 7135 and went GSM.
    i hope they are fixing the problems with the phone before its release. the wait will be worth while. having the phones sit in some warehouse becasue of sprint sucks!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    December has come and gone, where is the Treo 650!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxio
    December has come and gone, where is the Treo 650!!!!!
    with the white rabbit
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast