Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
    They do not ask for the IMEI, but they do ask which phone number or line you want to add the feature to and what kind of phone you have. I added media works about 2 weeks ago and made sure to take notice what questions they asked. They may have an attachment that pops up in the system when someone calls in to add media works, because the woman was reading under her breath then asked which phone I had. But I plan on buying unlocked 650 and swapping SIMs. You could just argue with them that you want the media works and it was never brought to your attention that there was a limitation on which features you could add with the 650 and that you have 3 other lines on your account. Let them know that you wantthe media works or you will be canceling the contract you just renewed and taking the other lines elsewhere when they expire. Remember, they know that there is a possibilty that your call is being monitored, and it is their job to keep you happy within reason.
    Last edited by JerryP2375; 02/01/2005 at 10:34 PM.
    powerlogix,

Just register your account on Cingular's web site and you can add MEdia Works online.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    now THAT is very interesting....if it is unlocked, what would be the purpose of purchasing a more expensive "unlocked" version from P1?
    I guess the obvious answer is that there would be no advantage. I have now tried an AT&T SIM which worked just fine. I thought that all Cingular quad band phones were unlocked? Is Cingular changing this policy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2
    powerlogix,

Just register your account on Cingular's web site and you can add MEdia Works online.
    So should I add media works now, then in a week buy my treo 650 from cingular? (buying it from cingular will renew my contract for 2 yrs.)
    Hopefully there won't be any complications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2
    powerlogix,

I tried to add media works online about 5 times and everytime I added it to my cart, it was removed upon checkout. So I just called and added it, now remember I do not have a 650 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    It's more expensive because it doesn't come with a cell contract from a carrier who is subsidizing the cost in an effort to make business with you.
    Not if you don't sign a contract and pay full CARRIER price. which is $549.99 through Cingular Talked to Cingular, and they confirmed that you do NOT have to sign a contract if you pay full price for the phone....
    I added MEdia Works to my account via cingular's web site without any problems back in September.

I'd suggest waiting until you have the 650 in hand.
    So did anyone order the phone yet? Do you think you can order the phone by calling cingular?
    Just ordered my unlocked from P1! It says it will ship in 2 weeks. I can't wait!
    Will I have to let it charge all the way before using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    So did anyone order the phone yet? Do you think you can order the phone by calling cingular?
    I just called Cingular and asked if they are selling it and they looked on the computer and he said no, only the 600 model.

oh well i guess going to have to keep waiting.
    I ordered it in early January from the local Cingular store. When we went in yesterday, we asked about it, and the rep said it was in the warehouse and about to be shipped. "Expect it early next week..." So yeah, I know you can order it that way, in addition to getting through business services part of Cing.
    I just bought a Cingular 650 from the PalmOne store in LA for 550. They had 100 today and were sold out by the end of the day. But I think I've changed my mind and want an unbranded one. If anyone wants a brand new, sealed, unopened Cingular Treo 650, I'll sell it at my cost ($550+ CA tax). PM me. Pics available.
    So i have to wait to maybe next wednesday to buy my Treo 650.
    I called up ATTWireless and they say its online but no on their computers so i still can't buy it. Whats up with that it just sucks.

All you guys ordering it and i still have to wait, at this rate i probably will not see it till march.

Anyone else with an ATT plan had luck upgrading to a Treo 650
    Last edited by Jnetty99; 02/03/2005 at 09:52 PM.
    I ordered my Treo 650 directly from Cingular on Tuesday. I received it Wednesday. Yes, I know it is locked to the Cingular network, but I just couldn't wait. Besides, Cingular's data network covers pretty much any place I would need to go.

For all of those wondering about the data. I have MediaWorks Unlimited for $19.99.To my knowledge, and that of the Cingular salesperson, there is no such animal as a MediaWorks costing $45.99. People might be confusing that plan with a special one set up for Blackberry users that is $45.99.

One more thing. According to PC Magazine, Cingular will be releasing a patch sometime this spring to allow the Treo 650 to act as a modem.

Finally! Yes, I am very happy with my Treo 650. So far, it has lived up to the hype. Besides, now the kids think Daddy has at least a little bit of the cool factor.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I tried multiple times. I migrated instead.

So i have to wait to maybe next wednesday to buy my Treo 650.
    I called up ATTWireless and they say its online but no on their computers so i still can't buy it. Whats up with that it just sucks.

All you guys ordering it and i still have to wait, at this rate i probably will not see it till march.

Anyone else with an ATT plan had luck upgrading to a Treo 650
    I got my ATT 650 2 weeks ago through ATT NBO. It's AWSOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    I got my ATT 650 2 weeks ago through ATT NBO. It's AWSOME!
    does your suffer from the constant soft resets, and the voicemail number screw up like a lot of others are having? i'm trying to figure out if its something with the cingular branded 650 or not. i want to buy the ATT 650 soon thats why.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021