Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Considering next Tuesday is Feb 1 it IS a "mere few days." Somehow I think she knows as much as anyone else ..... which ain't much!
    Well, they said "early Feb." not 12:00am Feb 1. Which to me could mean as late as 11:59 Feb 14th.
    And as of that call I believe Feb 1 was still 6-7 days away.
    The point is 2 palm retail stores (and from my experience if they have information, it isn't misinformation like the carriers) believe they'll have them soon. So for those chomping at the bit here, just relax. It'll be here when it's here. Especially JackiChan which is who my orig. comment was directed toward.
    Last edited by taylorh; 01/29/2005 at 06:35 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    okay, I migrated all 3 of my lines from Blue to Orange today. For all that are on the fence, it is rumoured that buckets of minutes go DOWN, 9.99 add-a-line gets bumped up to 69.99 plans and above (currently 59.99) and Media Works Unlimited goes away. I hurried and all the new lines were actived before I left the store. Oh yeah, Cingular is camping on Blue towers in the NYC metro area
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    FWIW, I have read on 2 separate forums that if you can hold out until mid-Feb, there will be additional instant rebates that can pull the price down to 400 without the 40 dollar data package

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Isn't that usually for new service ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    FWIW, I have read on 2 separate forums that if you can hold out until mid-Feb, there will be additional instant rebates that can pull the price down to 400 without the 40 dollar data package
    As far as the issue of P1 selling GSM, it is my belief that they will sell unlocked GSM, as they have promised, and Cingular locked. The Cingular version will come with actitvation (contract) discounts.

Re: the signing discount on the 15th, can't we use the 30 day cancellation to leverage them?
    When you migrated, what did you do as far as contract, subsidized phones etc? I tried that Friday (among other things) but didn't do it bacause I was told if I didn't take my subsidized phones at the time of migration I couldn't get them later. The guy even called up one of the regional managers to verify that "rule." He did say if I wanted to use my existing 4 unlocked phones I could go WITH NO CONTRACT (which would basically get me out of my AT&T contract as well ) then when the phone I wanted was available get on a contract with a subsidized phone. I didn't want that either because by then I was afraid the data plans would go through the roof.
    okay, I migrated all 3 of my lines from Blue to Orange today.
    MisterEd, I hope its not just for new service because I migrated from AWS and am hoping to
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Re: the signing discount on the 15th, can't we use the 30 day cancellation to leverage them?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $those$ $deals$ $usually$ $are$ $just$ $for$ $new$ $service$. $I$'$ve$ $never$ $seen$ $rebates$ $gived$ &$quot$;$without$ $new$ $activation$&$quot$; ($at$ $least$ $in$-$store$).
    MisterEd, I hope its not just for new service because I migrated from AWS and am hoping to
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $those$ $deals$ $usually$ $are$ $just$ $for$ $new$ $service$. $I$'$ve$ $never$ $seen$ $rebates$ $gived$ &$quot$;$without$ $new$ $activation$&$quot$; ($at$ $least$ $in$-$store$).
    The stupid thing is that blue is offering activation discounts on traitors to it's own company.
    Just ordered my 650 GSM through ATTWS Business. It should be here in the next 3-5 business days. I'll test it with my co-worker's Cingular and T-mobile sim to see if it's unlocked.
    I picked up my Cingular branded 650 from a corporate store about an hour ago. After reading posts here and at howardforums I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't be getting my hands on one for at least a month, but I got a call from a guy at the store (he knew I'd been wanting it for some time and swore to me that he would get it, but I didn't have much faith) telling me that he had good news and had the 650 in stock. I picked it up and its charging now so I'll have to wait for a while to play with it. The first thing I noticed was that its thicker than my 600. Width and height are pretty much identical but definitely thicker. The Cingular branded 650 I have is unlocked (I tried a T-Mobile Sim with no problems).
    Last edited by creighton; 02/01/2005 at 05:42 PM.
    So ummm should we expect any big news tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I recently visited the PalmOne store in the Altanta airport. While chatting with the salespeople, I was imformed by the Alpha Rep that Palm1 has never made a locked Treo 600, nor will they make a locked Treo 650.

It's not that I didn't believe her, it's just that I didn't believe her.

Good help is hard to find!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    which store Creighton?

which store Creighton?
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo
    I recently visited the PalmOne store in the Altanta airport. While chatting with the salespeople, I was imformed by the Alpha Rep that Palm1 has never made a locked Treo 600, nor will they make a locked Treo 650.

Mac

I got my ATT Treo 650 today and it doesn't work with a Cingular SIM. I would consider that locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo

Mac
    Actually that is true. The only Treo that has ever been locked was locked by the carriers ATT/T-Mobile. Every Treo I have bought from P-1 has been unlocked. So let's say they made them lockable. The 650 GSM that P1 will sell is unlocked.
    Quick question for you guys.

I have an account with cingular with a total of 4 phones (gf, family members phone). Mine is the only one available for renewal. Here's my plan, and tell me if this would work.

- I purchase the phone through cingular (good discount since my contract is up), and not add any data plan as of yet.

- I call cingular up a few days later to add the $19.99 MW plan to my phone (hopefully its still unlimited).

- When they ask for a imei #, can I just tell them a imei # of my other phone, or would cingular know I have a treo 650, since I did buy one from them.

Any suggestions would help, basically I want to get the phone through cingular at a discount and add MW for $19.99 (unlimited).
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    The Cingular branded 650 I have is unlocked (I tried a T-Mobile Sim with no problems).
    now THAT is very interesting....if it is unlocked, what would be the purpose of purchasing a more expensive "unlocked" version from P1?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    now THAT is very interesting....if it is unlocked, what would be the purpose of purchasing a more expensive "unlocked" version from P1?
    It's more expensive because it doesn't come with a cell contract from a carrier who is subsidizing the cost in an effort to make business with you.