Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
    You'd THINK if that were the case, the Palm1 website would AT LEAST say "coming soon" or "watch this space for information." It seems they don't want to even admit it exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Palm retails stores (More than one) maintain they'll have Treo 650 GSMs "early Feb." to "first week of Feb."
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    If you call Cingular Business Solutions for Mobile Professionals at 1-866-429-7222, they'll gladly take your order. $549 w/o new plan, $499 w/ 1 year contract, $449 w/ 2 year contract. It's provided with an AT&T SIM Card. The unit is SIM locked. Overnight shipping is $9.95.
    Well I just called... I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours, and I don't have a 650 to show for it. Instead I have 2 Sonys, 2 Motorolas, and 2 Treo 600s on the way. The two 600s, I have been assured will be returned within 2 weeks and be replaced with 650s - which is not available, and which pricing is still unknown.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You'd THINK if that were the case, the Palm1 website would AT LEAST say "coming soon" or "watch this space for information." It seems they don't want to even admit it exists.
    You'd think. But I suggest that in reality you won't see that any change until mere day(s) before they start selling (if at all.)
    My 100% guess is that if they could start selling on Monday as that would co-incide with Cingular. But who the hell knows. 'twould be nice for P1 to throw us a bone so I don't have to harass the sales staff at the store every day.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I would think that there will be a considerable delay before P1 can sell unbranded Treos since that would harm Cingular. Just a guess.
    Considering next Tuesday is Feb 1 it IS a "mere few days." Somehow I think she knows as much as anyone else ..... which ain't much!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    You'd think. But I suggest that in reality you won't see that any change until mere day(s) before they start selling (if at all.)
    I have a Siemens S46. Will I be able to use my SIM card on the ATT/Cingular Treo 650? I guess for phone it will be fine. How about for data? It's my company's phone and the plan has data, but I don't have access to know what kind of plan it is. So I'm wondering: would any kind of data plan I currently have work on the 650? Or only some of them and if so, which ones?

Thanks.
    Yes, voice and data ... but it's either ATT or CING not both. The phone is locked to one carrier. Make sure you get the phone that your company has service if you're using their sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusbabe
    I have a Siemens S46. Will I be able to use my SIM card on the ATT/Cingular Treo 650? I guess for phone it will be fine. How about for data? It's my company's phone and the plan has data, but I don't have access to know what kind of plan it is. So I'm wondering: would any kind of data plan I currently have work on the 650? Or only some of them and if so, which ones?

Thanks.
    Ok, first, sorry but only now I realize I posted to the wrong thread. My company's phone is ATT. As I understand it, there's no ATT any longer. Say, when PalmOne starts selling the phone, it will be Cingular. How would I do what you (MisterEd) suggest? As far as the data goes, I hope you are correct.
    When P1 starts selling it, it will work with ANY SIM and any gsm carrier because it will be unlocked. Just drop in the sim and your off - both data and voice.
    Ok, first, sorry but only now I realize I posted to the wrong thread. My company's phone is ATT. As I understand it, there's no ATT any longer. Say, when PalmOne starts selling the phone, it will be Cingular. How would I do what you (MisterEd) suggest? As far as the data goes, I hope you are correct.
    Yes, but it will be $100 more and when will that be? I want my Treo yesterday!
    Someone posted the following on my website, after i posted something on Engadget

Have you got your GSM Treo650 yet ? We are a sales agent for ATT Wireless/Cingular and just received confirmation that they will be shipping on February 4th. If you are willing to wait until Feb 15th, they will offer an additional $50 instant rebate above and beyond the 1 and 2 year standard discounts.

Call us if you can buy 5 or more units on a corporate account, we offer free 128MB SD memory cards on each device.
    Then you have to get one from AT&T (Blue) side. But I doubt they will sell you one without service and a data plan.
    Yes, but it will be $100 more and when will that be? I want my Treo yesterday!
    It's the same ***** who has spammed every thread here as well. He's all over the place. Maybe the mods deleted all his messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    Someone posted the following on my website, after i posted something on Engadget
    Is P1 going to sell both ATT AND Cingular? Or is it going to be Cingular but locked to ATT? In my case, either scenario will work. As long as it isn't Cingular or ATT locked to Cingular.
    It's going to be UNLOCKED. Will work on any carrier.
    Is P1 going to sell both ATT AND Cingular? Or is it going to be Cingular but locked to ATT? In my case, either scenario will work. As long as it isn't Cingular or ATT locked to Cingular.
    Oh... then P1 is not going to sell ATT/Cingular 650 phones? I just signed up for a 1 year subscription of audible to get the $100 discount. Can more people confirm this? And what is the date that the unlocked is due to be out?
    This is getting comical....
    see how the 600 is listed...

They will eventually sell all of them just like they do for the 600 along with an unlocked one......
    NO ONE knows when it will be available from P1 either unlocked or carrier sim locked. P1 will be selling unbranded 650's which are unlocked AS WELL AS CARRIER LOCKED PHONE WITH NEW SERVICE.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN EXISTING ATT LINE FROM WORK AND WISH TO MAKE USE OF THAT LINE YOUR ONLY CHOICE FROM P1 WILL BE AN UNLOCKED MODEL.

Oh... then P1 is not going to sell ATT/Cingular 650 phones? I just signed up for a 1 year subscription of audible to get the $100 discount. Can more people confirm this? And what is the date that the unlocked is due to be out?
    I just hope their unbranded/unlocked phone is available soon. I'd hate to have to wait several months for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    I just hope their unbranded/unlocked phone is available soon. I'd hate to have to wait several months for it.
    I feel the same way. Though I don't have much hope for seeing it during this quarter.