Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
    Naveen, The slider on the SX66 wasn't that much of an issue. The bigger issue with me is the size, not much bigger than my 600 but bigger none the less. The screen is HUGE which is very nice and I wouldn't mind having Wi-Fi. He said there was a new $50 rebate on it starting monday but wasn't sure if it required the data plan. Depending on what happens today with the 650 and what he finds out about the rebate, i may get it to try until the 650 come out. I like the OS and i'm sick of waiting for a new toy
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Naveen, The slider on the SX66 wasn't that much of an issue. The bigger issue with me is the size, not much bigger than my 600 but bigger none the less. The screen is HUGE which is very nice and I wouldn't mind having Wi-Fi. He said there was a new $50 rebate on it starting monday but wasn't sure if it required the data plan. Depending on what happens today with the 650 and what he finds out about the rebate, i may get it to try until the 650 come out. I like the OS and i'm sick of waiting for a new toy
    Slider was a HUGE issue with both of the SX66's I purchased. The first was tight for about two or three weeks and over time with use became much looser. The second with loose right out of the box. I wasn't willing to give it a third chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    Everyone FYI, mytreo.net is now taking pre-oders for the Cingular Treo 650 and only offering the MediaWorks plan as a data plan option.
    Here is the direct link for anyone interested:

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php...45b16491ee3624
    Just be aware that for the 2nd $100 rebate (there are 2 separate $100 rebates, the first one is "instant") on this deal you have to wait 6 MONTHS until you can even send in for it, then it takes another 3 months to get it ... 9 months total. This is NOT unusual for these types of deals but it's still 9 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan
    Here is the direct link for anyone interested:

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php...45b16491ee3624
    FWIW, just finished a Pa1mOne Webinar (Medical apps) co-hosted by Cingular. They would not divulge any info on the availability of the Cingular T650, but referred folks to this site:

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarg...lmone650.jhtml

for more information.
    If you call Cingular Business Solutions for Mobile Professionals at 1-866-429-7222, they'll gladly take your order. $549 w/o new plan, $499 w/ 1 year contract, $449 w/ 2 year contract. It's provided with an AT&T SIM Card. The unit is SIM locked. Overnight shipping is $9.95.

The fact that it's with an AT&T SIM card makes this unit unavailable for me in my area (Cincinnati Bell re-sells AT&T GSM service here). Can't wait for the Palm One unlocked device.
    Just got mine ordered through Customer care. migrated my account to Cingular, signed up for a new 2 year plan, no data, going to try to add media works later. She said it will be a cingular branded phone and should ship within 5 days. There were no shipping options.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    FWIW, just finished a Pa1mOne Webinar (Medical apps) co-hosted by Cingular. They would not divulge any info on the availability of the Cingular T650, but referred folks to this site:

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarg...lmone650.jhtml

for more information.
    thats the same website they had for months already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Yes, you can cancel your mtdn order if you need to.
    Mol, you guys are the best. Thanks.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Just got mine ordered through Customer care. migrated my account to Cingular, signed up for a new 2 year plan, no data, going to try to add media works later. She said it will be a cingular branded phone and should ship within 5 days. There were no shipping options.
    Locked or unlocked? (Although I doubt if they really know themselves.)
    Won't know until it arrives. Will post an update then.
    This sucks,

I called "Cingular Business Solutions for Mobile Professionals at 1-866-429-7222"

They didn't find my phone number, because I'm Cingular customer, so they forwarded me to Cingular. At Cingular, they told me that they do NOT have Treo 650 and ony have 600.

Any suggestions? What can I do now?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    and they don't sell the phone without a plan.

So I guess my only option is to wait another week or two until Cingular makes this phone available.
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    proxx--I tried the same tactic and got the same response. FWIW, the ATTWS T650s being shipped are locked to ATTWS and do not seem to work with Cingular SIMs (...odd).
    I just spoke with my Cingular rep a little while ago. He told me that B2B was going to be available first. He will have 7 units on tuesday. One of which is from ME!!!!!!!! He told me it propably wont be available through the retail channel until march.
    Treoseur
    March? Oh fsck Cingular. Right in the disk-hole! P1 better get their *** together or I will get a non-palm smart phone on Verizon or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    March? Oh fsck Cingular. Right in the disk-hole! P1 better get their *** together or I will get a non-palm smart phone on Verizon or something.
    Palm retails stores (More than one) maintain they'll have Treo 650 GSMs "early Feb." to "first week of Feb." So before you fly off the handle I think you should read a few more threads and I think you'll find that most of the Cingular employees have no idea or have misinformation at best.
    Everyone needs to calm down.
    Last edited by taylorh; 01/28/2005 at 12:30 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    I will get a non-palm smart phone on Verizon or something.
    Now there's an oxymoron...
    Engadget reports how cingular has started to take order for the business custumers for the Treo 650 and they would be shipped Feb 4th.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000760029387/
    Don't know how much weight I'd place on this, but ...I was out on errands yesterday and stop by the local Cingular store. Asked about the Treo 650. At first the girl played dumb and tried to sell me something else...till I said they were already available thru B2B channels...then she gave me her business card and said "Stop back in Monday night (Jan 31) and I'll have one in the store for you". So, for what it's worth, everyone might want to start checking their local Cingular stores.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile