Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    Call number two just came in to me just now, said:

Cingular is releasing tomorrow!

Not new from what I said two weeks ago, but new affirmation.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Cross my fingers hope to die... I hope you're right
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Call number two just came in to me just now, said:

Cingular is releasing tomorrow!

Not new from what I said two weeks ago, but new affirmation.
    But can we get them tomorrow, will they be in the stores or on the web-sites?
    MEdia works was never an option from the 600 web purchase.

I confirmed this today, do not call cingular and try to order MEdia works on the same phone call as when you order your phone.

Buy the phone from them with no data. Go home and call and have MEdia works put on afterwards. They won't sell it to you knowing you have a PDA phone. But 99 times out of a hundren tey won't check, it is not an easy check for them, they have to cross reference a number to the phone manually.

Or if any of your friends have a GSM phone, put your sim in it and call them and order MEdia works. This will work, this does include EDGE.
    When you order the Media Works plan does that work for that single phone? what if you have a shared plan with another phone?
    FWIW, today's PalmOne webinar offered no clues. On 2 occasions the speakers specifically said 'the carrier determines the release date' and would not commit, but they did say to sit tight as it was coming soon (where have we heard this before....).
    lets see if Cingular delivers..... Presales are already going on @ MTDN....
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    When you order the Media Works plan does that work for that single phone? what if you have a shared plan with another phone?
    The only options that carry are mobile to mobile, nights and weekends, rollover (I guess these are a bit obvious, but just in case)

You need MEdia separately for each phones, same as SMS, even with shared plans.
    It's assigned to your phone number which is assignd to your SIM card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    MEdia works was never an option from the 600 web purchase.

I confirmed this today, do not call cingular and try to order MEdia works on the same phone call as when you order your phone.

Buy the phone from them with no data. Go home and call and have MEdia works put on afterwards. They won't sell it to you knowing you have a PDA phone. But 99 times out of a hundren tey won't check, it is not an easy check for them, they have to cross reference a number to the phone manually.

Or if any of your friends have a GSM phone, put your sim in it and call them and order MEdia works. This will work, this does include EDGE.
    I guess I'm still confused as to why palmone:

http://web.palmone.com/ , select 600, go through ordering process for cingular

gives you MediaWorks as the only option... Not arguing that Cingular in general wants you to have the PDA plan... just not sure why this doesn't hold true on the p1 site
    Quote Originally Posted by MrByte
    lets see if Cingular delivers..... Presales are already going on @ MTDN....
    I'll bet the sell out before we get any report on their lock/unlocked status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefokes
    I guess I'm still confused as to why palmone:

http://web.palmone.com/ , select 600, go through ordering process for cingular

gives you MediaWorks as the only option... Not arguing that Cingular in general wants you to have the PDA plan... just not sure why this doesn't hold true on the p1 site
    I know, also Amazon is selling the same way. Rep did not have answer but agreed that it was a problem. He/she said that now that Cingular is going to pursue the Treo more, especially in the B2B division, that the new data plans have been developed. He/she projected that Cing want the businesses to pay more for data.
    Everyone FYI, mytreo.net is now taking pre-oders for the Cingular Treo 650 and only offering the MediaWorks plan as a data plan option.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Just placed my order
    Off to iPhone land...
    I just left my rep's office and he doesn't think he will have the 650's for at least 2 weeks (not that he is a better source than anyone else). Interesting side note thought. I was playing with the SX66 that I may get if the Treo is not out tomorrow. 1. there is a new $50 rebate coming out monday. 2. The SX66 I was playing with was Cingular branded and unlocked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    Just placed my order

I did too. I hope i can cancel it if i need to.
    My comment of "ordering will begin on monday" was meant to be taken as the fact that even if Cingular releases the phone officially tomorrow we all know the incompetence of the reps that take your calls, system updated to show and have the ability to order, etc. These things take a few days to trickle all the way down. Rest assured the phone is being "released: tomorrow. That does not however mean that you can get one tomorrow.
    Treoseur
    here is my story....

I go to the Cingular kiosk in the mall....I said, "so what's the story on the Treo 650."

He said, "Go to the Cingular kiosk down by Foley's, they had some in last week. Not sure they have anymore."

LAST WEEK?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

I walk down there and ask....the guy says, "the guy at the other kiosk is an *****...."

nice....real nice....i'm so glad they train their people well. makes me feel good about switching carriers....
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    I just left my rep's office and he doesn't think he will have the 650's for at least 2 weeks (not that he is a better source than anyone else). Interesting side note thought. I was playing with the SX66 that I may get if the Treo is not out tomorrow. 1. there is a new $50 rebate coming out monday. 2. The SX66 I was playing with was Cingular branded and unlocked!
    how did you like the 66? the slider seems to be an issue with many
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    I did too. I hope i can cancel it if i need to.
    Yes, you can cancel your mtdn order if you need to.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Will the Cingular branded phone be unlocked or not?