Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    http://miranda.ctd.anl.gov:7123/

seems to be accurate for my broadband connection on computer.
    running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 244.46Kb/s
    running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 3.10Mb/s

But when it try to go to:

on my treo600, the browser says: "The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device"

how did you visit this page?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    Isn't the title of this thread "Cingular 650 GSM Release Date"???

Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Isn't the title of this thread "Cingular 650 GSM Release Date"???

yes and now it seems to be delayed another week, crap!! i dont think we will ever see the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    yes and now it seems to be delayed another week, crap!! i dont think we will ever see the phone.
    we will see it, it is floating around, but it will be in a short while
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by proxx
    But when it try to go to:

on my treo600, the browser says: "The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device"

how did you visit this page?
    I used my laptop. The page uses a Java applet, so you won't be able to use it in Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    where did you get the info that it will be delayed another week
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    Keep in mind that it is just a "rumor", as was the launch date.
    I would rather wait a week or more to have a treo that works properly and is built right. They may have found out how to reduce the filesystem usage problem a day or two before shipment. Wouldn't that be worth the wait?
    I doubt they would hold release for something that would have been updated through a firmware or ROM update. I mean, what are they going to do; open every box that's been produced and sent to the distribution center and update them?

Could be supply problems. Could be an alien conspiracy.

Point is, this entire thread is 98% conjecture with no solid facts. Just chill out, play with what ever other gadgets you bought last year, and we will all see in due time.

Awwwww, who am I kidding? I'm dying here! Just sold my Sharp Zaurus and Nintendo DS to get the cash together for the T.
    I'm with you WhoIsTheFly, the cash is burning a hole in my pocket. I may go get the SX66 just to have something new to hold me over (Cingular gives you 30 days)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly

Awwwww, who am I kidding? I'm dying here! Just sold my Sharp Zaurus and Nintendo DS to get the cash together for the T.
    ditto just sold some stuff on ebay to get extra cash to buy the phone and the wait is a killer.
    That's probably the worst part.

I record a Podcast on my daily commute to work and was doing it with my Sharp Zaurus. Sold that and was anticipating being able to get back to recording this week. *shrugs*

Oh well, my 50 listeners won't mind, I suppose. heh

(podcast is at http://www.nogagreflex.com in case anyone's into that )
    No, but they could STILL BE opening every box (like over the last 6 weeks) and haven't finished yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    I mean, what are they going to do; open every box that's been produced and sent to the distribution center and update them?
    I just talked to a VERY reliable source high up in Cingular (a friend). He told me that the T650 will be launched on 27th as previously stated and that ordering will begin propably monday. He has confirmed that there are already T650's in Cingular warehouses nationwide. The time is almost here!!!!!!!!
    Treoseur
    While I hope you're right (and my great-great-grandmother's sister-in-law disagrees with you) ..... I'm just siting here laughing my *** off. Wait, I forgot to add the exclamation points. Here ya go: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    I just talked to a VERY reliable source high up in Cingular (a friend)..............The time is almost here!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ...and that ordering will begin propably monday.
    I don't understand how they can "launch" it tomorrow and start taking orders Monday Usually when a cellular carrier releases (launches) a phone it's available for ordering right away.

...I just don't get it...

This is all just silly speculation... I really need to get a life
    I just talked to a VERY reliable source high up in Cingular (a friend). He told me that the T650 will be launched on 27th as previously stated and that ordering will begin propably monday. He has confirmed that there are already T650's in Cingular warehouses nationwide. The time is almost here!!!!!!!!
    did he/she tell you what the hold up is?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    back to MediaWorks for just a sec...

So while you can no longer select MediaWorks w/ a Treo 600 on the Cingular site, if you order through palm one, not only is MediaWorks an option... It's the only data option. Is this a mistake? A p1 exclusive? Anyone know what's up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefokes
    back to MediaWorks for just a sec...

So while you can no longer select MediaWorks w/ a Treo 600 on the Cingular site, if you order through palm one, not only is MediaWorks an option... It's the only data option. Is this a mistake? A p1 exclusive? Anyone know what's up?
    MEdia works was never an option from the 600 web purchase.

I confirmed this today, do not call cingular and try to order MEdia works on the same phone call as when you order your phone.

Buy the phone from them with no data. Go home and call and have MEdia works put on afterwards. They won't sell it to you knowing you have a PDA phone. But 99 times out of a hundren tey won't check, it is not an easy check for them, they have to cross reference a number to the phone manually.

Or if any of your friends have a GSM phone, put your sim in it and call them and order MEdia works. This will work, this does include EDGE.