Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Are most folks going to call Cingular or go to a store? The last store I talked to *still* didn't know anything. If I wanna try and get my phone on Wednesday what is the best way?
    I ordered my T650 on Jan 3rd from a Cing store, but I'm not sure if I'll get it this week or not. As for people just ordering one now, I doubt going to a store will be the fastest way to get one. Amazon or cingular.com might/should be faster.

Does anyone know how this has worked in the past with new products? If I ordered it early on, will my store get one right away (with my name on it) or will I have to wait until they get a supply of them? First come, first serve sucks unless I'm first...
    Glad to do it. Self-interest is a huge motivator

I still can't explain the earlier GPRS rates I and others seemed to have on the MediaWorks side as opposed to the Data Access plans. Perhaps it's something to do with bandwidth allocation and "QoS" assigned to the more expensive plans. But I'm not optimistic that anyone will get to the bottom of that real soon, unless they know a Cingular technical person that's willing to talk...
    Quote Originally Posted by omnix1200
    I ordered my T650 on Jan 3rd from a Cing store, but I'm not sure if I'll get it this week or not. As for people just ordering one now, I doubt going to a store will be the fastest way to get one. Amazon or cingular.com might/should be faster.
    How did you order it? I mean I can't even get them to admit the phone exists!
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    How did you order it? I mean I can't even get them to admit the phone exists!
    I went to the store, and the rep said they had them on their price sheet and ordered it. She said it was the new price sheet, and that it hadn't been on the old one. I would think they all have the same info...
    I was just at the Valley Fair mall in San Jose, California. Remember them - first Treo store in the country? Well, it's gone. The fellow upstairs at the Palm Cafe said that it was just a "satellite store." I inquired after the waiting list the Treo store had been keeping for the GSM Treo, and he said that he couldn't find it. He added me to his list (never knew there were two) and said that he expected the units this week, and that they would have them before anyone. He said first come - first served when he calls. All this from a Palmone employee - take it for what it is.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Are most folks going to call Cingular or go to a store? The last store I talked to *still* didn't know anything. If I wanna try and get my phone on Wednesday what is the best way?
    i went to the cingular corporate store in seal beach, ca. and they had no news of the release date. surprise! surprise!
    morris stalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I'm getting a headache just reading about this.

I agree that a confirmation of whether MEdia works supports EDGE is the first step.

Has it been confirmed that the T650 GSM supports EDGE? The reason I ask is because Cingular SK66, which is more expensive that the T650, does not support EDGE. In the meantime, the cheap Moto V551 does. It's getting real interesting.
    tony,
    the sx 66 has wi fi and no edge

i called my local attws store and the lady rep sates mid feb and the lowest pda plan is 19.99 with a voice plan. it looks like it is getting closer. i have yet to call a cingular store though

i just called cingular corp store and the gentleman stated mid feb but two things he did add, one, it may be sooner on the internet, and secondly that we may not have to get a pda plan
    Last edited by Thunder God; 01/24/2005 at 06:00 PM.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    It's annoying...does anyone know if calling the NBO is making more headway?
    Treonauts its stating that the released date is Thursday instead of wednesday.
    Wow, thanks - I think.

The Cingular service seems pretty good to me in general (especially this MediaWorks deal - $20/mo for unlimited EDGE is about the same price as other GSM carriers offer unlimited GPRS). But their customer support folks (in-store and on the phone) are pretty clueless when you go "off-script" with them. I was told by two different phone reps that the V551 was not an EDGE-capable phone, because their internal support docs don't list it in the EDGE list. I made the mistake of trying to correct them, and they both became confused and defensive. In one case, I couldn't get the guy off of it to answer my basic question about MediaWorks, he just kept insisting I was wrong about the phone.

Of course, this is par for the course for any carrier, so I wouldn't put any points against Cingular for this. I've had similar blood-pressure moments with Sprint and T-Mobile.
    If you look on the Cingular site, the lowest PDA/laptop plan (their "Data Access" plans) is $29.99/mo for 10mb. If you go into a store, they can also offer you $19.99/mo for 5mb. But as cglaguna and others have suggested many times over, just buy a voiceplan with no data plan, then add MediaWorks later, which gives you $19.99/mo for unlimited data, on the assumption that you're only using their network on your phone.
    No, the NBO just says "coming soon". And dammit, our sales rep said it was already out. She must have meant Treo 600.
    No, the NBO just says "coming soon". And dammit, our sales rep said it was already out. She must have meant Treo 600.
    i think we are going to have to get the 19.99 plan if we sign a contract to get the rebate. if you buy the phone without contract i am sure you will be able to keep whatever plan you have
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Regarding MEdia Works and EDGE we are getting two different stories and my rep is out again today, ugh! The GPRS MEdia works for $19.95 is legit, whether you are able to access EDGE network and speeds is still up in the air. Anyone with anymore information?
    post 258 looks pretty definative Felix, or is it Fritz. I forget
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    OK, I went through another round with Cingular on this today (by calling their regular customer support line, so I'm still recovering from banging my head against the wall).

Thank you 100th for pointing me back to a post that I missed.

Thank God, Jimf, you had me scared, I have been stressed about this all weekend. My rep tells me every time that MEdia works supported EDGE and then you convinced me differently. I haven't been able to contact him/her so, what a relief. whew!
    I don't think the threads on HOFO said you CANNOT do VPN, (at least for C-BLUE), but if you do VPN or VNC (at least on C-BLUE) you will be charged additional data rates by the KB. It seems they monitor ports. Anything other then POP3 or HTTP (at least on C-BLUE) you get billed by the KB on top of whatever plan you have. I have trested and confirmed that on my own account as have others. Once again that applies to unlimited mMode on C-BLUE which is what I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    Finally, despite information to the contrary from Cingular and HowardForums, I am able to make VPN connections over a MediaWorks connection.
    It wasn't even in their system at that time, how could they have "ordered" it (and yes, I am 100% sure about that)? They probably just took down your name to call you when it came in stock - so you'd better keep in touch with them. My "B2B guy" did the same thing end of Dec, but he told me not to consider it an "order" just that he'd call me when it officially came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by omnix1200

Does anyone know how this has worked in the past with new products? If I ordered it early on, will my store get one right away (with my name on it) or will I have to wait until they get a supply of them? First come, first serve sucks unless I'm first...
    I am happy that the pictures are back up at treonauts, maybe that is good news for us

http://blog.treonauts.com/
    Naveen

Next Phone: