1.    #1  
    in a place where it didn't before. This is in Cupertino, CA, near San Jose.

I assume that this has something to do with the merger. My question is, how do I tell if I'm 'roaming'? I'd hate to make a call and get Whacked!

Thanks,
    Tim
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
    you won't get charged for roaming, they are the same company now
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Sir. I appreciate the quick reply.

Can't wait to get home and see if the poo-poo Cingular signal I get indoors has been replaced by a MONDO AT&T signal.

Tim
    here's to high hopes!!!

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Yeah, I noticed this yesterday too. And I do finally get a fairly steady signal from AT&T, at my girlfriend's house, where I previously was lucky to get one bar if I held the Treo just the right way, and the moon was aligned, etc. with Cingular.

A very appreciated development, as there are Cingular dead spots all over San Francisco. So far, they're living up to their "raising the bar" ads.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    That's what's known as having a SEEGychotic break with what used to known as reality. Long LIVE MAD SEEG!!!!

MAD SEEG!!!!
    MAD SEEG!!!!
    MAD SEEG!!!!
    MAD SEEG!!!!
    MAD SEEG!!!!

The tag on your phone will say cingulat/ATT very soon and after a certain amount of time it will only say cingular. You will not be charged whether it says cingular or ATT because, as it has been said before it is the same company. You will be seeing alot of changes for the good in the near future. Now that Cingulat bought ATT, they have national coverage for edge.
    Even without edge, you guys in areas that are getting ATT/Cingular signals, don't you notice a huge improvement in internet speeds? Maybe it's an illusions but it seems much faster as of a week ago when signals were opened up.
  9.    #9  
    Yesterday I noticed that many times, not always, I get the dual naming, AND the BARS are BIG, even at home. (Cupertino, CA)

YES, I DO notice that browsing appears to be much faster too.

Thanks Cingular!

Tim

(I think I WILL jump for the 650 soon - Cingular of course)
    I commute from San Bruno to Cupertino, CA (about 40 mi) and I have always gone back and forth from AT&T to Cingular down highway 280 and never saw a roaming charge.