1.    #1  
    Hi all.

I'm considering getting a GSM 650, but I can't tell if there is a better plan out there in GSMland that is better or comparable to mine... here are my details:

1 Treo 600
    1 Regular phone (+vision)

2000 unlimited
    Shared minutes
    Unlimited Web
    Bus connection (won't need it soon)
    PCS-PCS calling
    Long distance included
    NW 9-7

All for ~125 including junk taxes...

I really can't find anything much better. (especially when adding unlimited internet...) Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Nation 2000 Rollover shared
    Cingular
    unlimited nights and weekends 9 -7
    unlimited mobile to mobile
    long distance
    $99.
    $20 unlimited internet 1500 test 200 sms

So probably $135 including junk

True World Phone every country except Japan and South Korea
    Largest coverage in the states
    EDGE internet network
    GSM Treos have much better battery life
    GSM 600 were much less troublesome
    controllable 3 way calling
    better, reliable messaging
    Better customer service
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    True World Phone every country except Japan and South Korea
    GSM Treos have much better battery life
    Those two features are fairly attractive (not to mention that If i understand correctly, GSM is smaller power on the transmitters, so less EM next to my head
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Largest coverage in the states
    Really? I always thought CDMA was the best in the US.
    Largest doesn't mean best.

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Really? I always thought CDMA was the best in the US.
    cglaguna,
    Can you tell me, does the 19.99 unlimited internet on Cingular compare with the same on T-Mobile? I have T-Mobile in Los Angeles and my contract is up in January. I think I want to switch to Cingular because I get a LOT of dropouts and I truly hate T-Mobile's SMS voicemail notification. I used to have Sprint, but switched to T-Mobile because of using the data service with my Apple laptop and also travelling to Europe.

Right now, I pay 19.99 and there's no bandwidth limitation. Would you say the Cingular data plan is the same? Looks like it also comes with some messaging as well, right? Also, is that Nationwide rollover shared plan something my wife and I could use together with two different numbers?

Thanks a lot,
    Justin
    Polite Music -
    Yes, MEdia Works includes
    Unlimited Data
    1500 Text messages
    200 SMS
    and I hear now EDGE is included in the $19.95 plan.

I have T-mobile on another family member phone. But that SMS voicemail thing bugged me too, and the sms trucation after 160 characters.

And to the Largest vs. Best quotes: I have all three carriers at the moment. Cingular, Sprint and T-Mobile, Cingular IS the best* in my area of Southern California. I am moving all three phones to Cingular, just waiting for the 650's. If you read the posts, or attended the Roadshows, all the P1 people have GSM phones. Susggest you get the best for your area.
    Do you have both illustreous ??

Verizon has the best coverage, but as you read on the Boards Verizon is expensive and have a multitude of issues. But Cingular coverage definitely beats Sprint ceoverage here without question.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart
    Those two features are fairly attractive (not to mention that If i understand correctly, GSM is smaller power on the transmitters, so less EM next to my head
    Actually just the opposite. GSM transmits at around 1 watt I believe. CDMA is capped at a maximum of 200 milliWatts. Although if you're anywhere near a tower, it's usually well under 100 mW.
    Quote Originally Posted by politemusic
    cglaguna,
    I truly hate T-Mobile's SMS voicemail notification.
    Justin
    I was annoyed by SMS notifications for email, and T-Mobile cancelled that for me. You may want to call them.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.