Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I noticed that in areas where I have always had very little reception or no reception, I do now, but I noticed it says, "Cingular Extend". Has anyone else experienced this? Am I using the AT&T network in those areas?

Kirby
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    You might be roaming on AT&T or T-Mo. Since the last firmware upgrade Cingular chose to obscure the fact that their network has gaps and that you are roaming, by using the term Cingular Extend.
    Way OT, but how do you take screen shots and post them? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    I noticed that in areas where I have always had very little reception or no reception, I do now, but I noticed it says, "Cingular Extend". Has anyone else experienced this? Am I using the AT&T network in those areas?

Kirby
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    You might be roaming on AT&T or T-Mo. Since the last firmware upgrade Cingular chose to obscure the fact that their network has gaps and that you are roaming, by using the term Cingular Extend.
    The Cingular Extend is an indication of roaming off the Cingular network. If you have a nationwide plan then you will not incur roaming charges.

I have Cingular and have noticed an increase in my signal strength since last week after the merger when they "merged" the networks. I also have a constant GPRS indicator when before it was spotty. I am happy with the merger cuz I have MUCH better signal coverage than before.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Way OT, but how do you take screen shots and post them? Thanks.
    http://linkesoft.com/screenshot/
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular