Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone heard anything about this lately? I've been to http://www.newcingular.com/ but it looks more like an advertisement than a status of where they are. Anyone heard anything new?

Thanks!
  2.    #3  
    "We are actively working on it and we expect the commissioners to vote on it in the next several weeks," says FCC spokeswoman Lauren Patrich.

Hmmm.. Article was written on 10/4. It's been two weeks, then... Wonder how Mrs. Patrich defines "several". Of course, then there will be the inevitable wait for the combined company to actually allow us to move. But I'm thinking it will be easier to get an unlock code when they are the same company...
    I just switched from Sprint to Cingular so the bigger Cingular is, the better off my coverage is.
    Ok, the 3 republicans on the fcc agreed to the merger with some rural divestures. The 2 democrats say they still need time to look it over. They only need 3 votes. The DOJ gave approval with divestures, so that puts a 2 week timeline for the fcc to vote from what I understand. I think it will happen in the next few weeks.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I just switched from Sprint to Cingular so the bigger Cingular is, the better off my coverage is.
    I can already use Cingular and TMo networks with no roaming charges. But I'd rather use ANYONE's network without roaming charges like Cingular is advertising. Besides, I want to pay the same price I'm paying now for unlimited data instead of only getting 8M of data. Then add SMS, MMS, etc. on top of that...

I hope they have the final vote soon and get the changeover rolling quickly!! Let's hear it for the Republicans! <ducking>
    This could be the beginning of the end for me in the wireless industry lol. Hope I make it through the layoffs lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kouma
    This could be the beginning of the end for me in the wireless industry lol. Hope I make it through the layoffs lol
    best of luck to you. I hope you make it through...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    thanks stros mee to lol
    I wonder if coverage will really be expanded or if Cingular will cut back some of the overlapping towers to cut back on costs?

How will this effect AT&Ts planned rollout of EDGE?? Was Cingular planning on an EDGE network rollout?

Will some of AT&Ts management be brought over to Cingular? If so...will this just become the biggest ****up of a wireless company?

On a side note apparently Cingular has had an slight increase in the number of customers leaving for another carrier this past quarter (from 2.7 to 2.8%.) Verizon only lost around 1.5%

NOTE: I am a very happy ex ATT customer turned Sprint....mmmm unlimited data/SMS/Picturemail @ $10 mo.
  11.    #13  
    Looks like from the newcingular.com website that changes any of us as customers will see will not come until Nov. 10.

Saw two things in the local paper that piqued my interest:
    1. My area is one of the areas being sold to SunCom. Hopefully I'll still be able to switch to Cingular, unless SunCom has comparable plans.
    2. ATTWS apparently lost 3.5% of customers last quarter. Much higher than anyone else in the industry.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I keep reading about the 16 markets where they've had to sell bandwidth. Does anyone know where that list is?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I keep reading about the 16 markets where they've had to sell bandwidth. Does anyone know where that list is?

No but i read about one area in california where they sold off an area to a competitor.

Looks like i was right in thinking they were going to sell towers to make some $$$ back.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Well, I finally saw a result of the merger. Before the merger I did not have a GPRS signal bar showing on my T600 at my house and I do now. I also now have 4 bars of service level and yesterday only had 1 at my house.....so at least in the NE Georgia area they have "turned on" the combined network.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Saw a banner add on yahoo... something like Cingular/AT&T now merged. Out of curiosity I clicked on it, and was brought to the Cingular site. I thought I'd check to see if it was worth switching to a Cingular plan. I entered my zip code and it said "not in our coverage area". In fact it doesn't show Colorado as being in the coverage area. This is an area where there's only (former) AT&T coverage.

The networks might be combined now, but the web sites sure aren't!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Anyone else seen the add where the Cingular logo changes from orange to blue and they add the signal bars that ATT were using on the end, it was on tv last night.
  17.    #19  
    Yea, neat ad. A buddy said there was a 600 on it, too.

The newcingular.com website says that they will have updates to all the different activities on Nov 10. Can't wait to see what they're planning...
    that Cingular add and new logo color scheme was pretty cool, IMO. at least it looks like they're getting the marketing right.
    Last edited by ghileman; 11/14/2004 at 10:20 PM.
    Off to iPhone land...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast