1.    #1  
    Hi there,
    I've had my Treo 600 for a couple of weeks and have not been able to connect to the internet. I bought an unlocked treo from the palm web site and then got a plan with cingular. The Cingular customer service people are useless as far as solving my internet connection problem. All they do is tell me to change my network settings, which never solves anything. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it possible that there is something wrong with my treo? Or is it more likely that it's a problem on Cingular's side? Could it be because it's an unlocked palm? Do I need Cingular firmware? Please help! Getting desperate.
    Thanks,
    vr
    Find someone who can acess and swap sim cards to see if it's your Treo or your service. Then work from there.
    I had a similar problem because I was using an old sim card. Make sure it's a newer one. (3volt I think) Since then, perfect.

I also have an unlocked phone not running Cingular firmware. I doubt if its anything wrong with your Treo if the phone part works ok. If you can't get the little black triangle indicating it can "see" GPRS it's likely a SIM card prob.

Good luck
    Last edited by taointn; 10/21/2004 at 05:29 AM.