Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard when T-Mobile will start selling the Treo 650?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Nobody that posts in this forum.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I believe that T-Mobile will carry the T650 though apparently not quite as soon as other GSM carriers. Unless they had to have very specific things done to the T600 to make it work on their network (I don't believe they did as several people use an unlocked version with T-Mobile) there is no reason for them not to carry it when their stock of T600's is gone.
    My bet is Feb/March 2005. I think that it will launch on AT&T and Orange (GSM) in January, and other carriers will follow in the next months. It is interesting, before I left for the airport, I had an interesting conversation with a manager of a T-Mobile store in San Francisco. He told us how T-Mobile would rather sell them Pocket PC Phones, as compared to the Treo, because the Pocket PC's have wifi, and they can very easily sell another $20 plan for Wifi, T-Mobile believes that they will make more money on other devices. (and thus put more effort behind such devices)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    My bet is Feb/March 2005. I think that it will launch on AT&T and Orange (GSM) in January, and other carriers will follow in the next months. It is interesting, before I left for the airport, I had an interesting conversation with a manager of a T-Mobile store in San Francisco. He told us how T-Mobile would rather sell them Pocket PC Phones, as compared to the Treo, because the Pocket PC's have wifi, and they can very easily sell another $20 plan for Wifi, T-Mobile believes that they will make more money on other devices. (and thus put more effort behind such devices)
    miradu,

so, no word on an unlocked "generic" version coming out sooner for gsm networks?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i knew this would happen. Dumb Tmobile
    I spoke with my T-Mobile business account rep and she told me T-Mobile has decided against the Treo 650, but will be carrying the Treo 700. First I've heard of a 700. I asked her to repeat that and she did.
    The Treo 700! What a find...Rickos!

Quote Originally Posted by rickos
    I spoke with my T-Mobile business account rep and she told me T-Mobile has decided against the Treo 650, but will be carrying the Treo 700. First I've heard of a 700. I asked her to repeat that and she did.
    I think she meant the 701.4
    Quote Originally Posted by rickos
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I think she meant the 701.4
    is that like a ID-1O-T error?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Not intentionally. But if the shoe fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    is that like a ID-1O-T error?