Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    As T-Mobile has been claiming for some time, TZones no longer works on my Treo 600 and I was thinking of trying T-Mobile Internet. Is this available from other countries when I travel there - say Holland, Germany, and France? My old Motorola V300 worked great recently in France - even as I stepped off the plane. Will T mobile internet be available with its global roaming partners as well?

Frank
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I used it in Italy earlier this year.
    I'm on the 4.99 Tzones in mexico city right now replying to this. although it only works when I select telcel as my carrier in network selection. movistar shows the green arrows but blazer doesn't work. so if yours doesn't work. try switching to a different network. one of them has to work. u might be better off with a local sim card tho. gprs roaming is friggin expensive! its 1.5 cents per kb here in mexico. that's about $15 per meg!
    Used GPRS roaming on T-Mobile last month in Saint Petersburg and Moscow. Even at $15/MB it was worth it to get email. As noted above, you may need to try different networks to get it to work. The T-Mobile website has coverage maps and partner carrier lists for both international voice roaming and international GPRS roaming. It really helps to get this info before you go out of the country.

Both voice and GPRS roaming also worked fine for me in Frankfurt, Munich, and Salzburg earlier this year. I did find that it was more cost-effective to get an Austrian SIM for the time I was there since I return every year.
    When in danger or in doubt ---
    Run in circles, scream and shout!
    Used T-Mo Internet in Israel in April. Their data rates were actually not too unreasonable. However T-Mo's voice charges were so outrageous ($2.99/minute) I got a separate contract for voice with a local carrier in Israel. Since then I have added data to the local carrier's contract and will no longer use T-Mo when I travel. It did work though...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses,

Frank
    i used my free wap tzones all over europe ..in england, germany, switzerland, france..and i never got charged 1 cent. the speeds were teh same as here, but free tzones no longer works for me..signed up for 4.99 plan this morning waiting for it to kick in.