Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, after about 4 months of stable connections with my Treo 600, T Mobile, and T Zones ($4.99/mo) plan, I am now unable to connect to a web site or to a wap site with the Treo.

I have checked my settings and everything appears routine.

I am able to check my email.

Is there a problem with TMobile data at this time?
    This happens occasionally to me. When I call, the first thing they tell me is that the 600 is incompatible with t-zones. When you tell them that it was working fine yesterday, and has been for months, they say it shouldn't have been, and that you need to get the $19.99 plan. Usually, by the next day, it is working again - t-zones that is, tho they never admit to a problem with their system. I have never changed to the $19.99 plan.
    Bob
    I had a problem last night and this morning with tzones access. Same service ($4.99, different phone Nokia 3650) I got the GPRS connection just fine but the T-Zones site itself was down. Could get anywhere else I wanted to on the web...just not tzones

...seems to be fine today...this happens ALOT!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I had a problem last night and this morning with tzones access. Same service ($4.99, different phone Nokia 3650) I got the GPRS connection just fine but the T-Zones site itself was down. Could get anywhere else I wanted to on the web...just not tzones

...seems to be fine today...this happens ALOT!
    i know it happens alot. I called TMobile Tech support. They told me the same line as before. TZones is not supposed to work with the Treo 600. Only the unlimited internet plan will work.

They also told me that they have installed some "firewalls" to prevent unauthorized use.

What is interesting is that when I move my SIM to my Nokia 6310i, I am able to access WAP sites.

So, what alternatives are there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    Well, after about 4 months of stable connections with my Treo 600, T Mobile, and T Zones ($4.99/mo) plan, I am now unable to connect to a web site or to a wap site with the Treo.

I have checked my settings and everything appears routine.

I am able to check my email.

Is there a problem with TMobile data at this time?

Posts like this make me shiver! I've been using the $9.99 T-zones pro plan for months: E-mail, web surfing, Shoutcast w/ Pocket-Tunes, you name it! Ever so often port-blockages have kept me from certain shoutcast stations, but I've been listening to all for at least a month now.

Is T-Mo gonna screw us Treo owners into having to buy the $19.99 plan? If so, I've been hearing that Cingular has been looking into a $19.99 all-you-can-eat plan. I hope T-Mo won't give me a reason to switch carriers expecially if I can get a discounted Treo 650 for my trouble!

ARE YOU LISTENING T-MO????
    Don't even use the T Zone wap

Dont chage your settings, try to download (via Hotsync) Avantgo (don't use the wireless version) for Palm, and use it as your browser.

Set up your favorite sites in custom pages, and use Google as one of those favorite sites

I am doing this on a 270 w/ Tzones and have very few issues

any questions, drop me a note
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe
    Don't even use the T Zone wap

Dont chage your settings, try to download (via Hotsync) Avantgo (don't use the wireless version) for Palm, and use it as your browser.

Set up your favorite sites in custom pages, and use Google as one of those favorite sites

I am doing this on a 270 w/ Tzones and have very few issues

any questions, drop me a note
    i gave up on avantgo last year because of problems with the kyocera 7135. Does it work will with the Treo?

I TMobile is blocking some ports for browsing, will it not also block the same ports with the Avant Go Browser?
    I've had various problems with T-Zones on my T-600. What happens is that after connecting Blazer will stay in a "Sending" mode and never switch to "Receiving". Usually a disconnect and reconnect will fix it.
    I have finally figured out my problem with t-zones.
    After I could not connect to the internet all day yesterday, I dialed 611 from my Treo 600. I got the message indicating I was a pre-paid customer. But when I punched in my phone number, it told me that the number was not a working one in their syster. I had to hang up, and call t-mo by land line.
    When I said I could not get internet, and was somehow showing as "prepaid" they asked about the phone, sent me on to Treo service rep., who proceded to tell me about t-zones being incompatible with Treo 600.
    I told him I did not want to talk about Treo and t-zones. I wanted my account re-set to regular T-Mo monthly service. He tried to argue, but I insisted, and he finally went about my request.
    He assured me that it was re-set. I called 611 on my Treo, and got the T-Mo service center. Hung up, tried the internet, and connected at once.
    I do not know if that is anyone else's problem, but it is mine. For some reason, T-mo gets my account screwed up, and as soon as it shows as a prepaid one, no more internet for me, until I call and get them to re-set it.
    Do you think it is my sim card?
    Bob
    i gave up on avantgo last year because of problems with the kyocera 7135. Does it work will with the Treo?

I TMobile is blocking some ports for browsing, will it not also block the same ports with the Avant Go Browser?

Works great on my 270, it eliminated all tzone issues on my phone, and no , i don't own stock in them
  11.    #11  
    Works great on my 270, it eliminated all tzone issues on my phone, and no , i don't own stock in them
    Well I installed AvantGo on my Treo600 today. No crashing of the Treo as I experienced on the Kyocera. Very fast sync of channels.

I then attempted to load a Web page live with the AvantGo Browser.... It worked with no errors.

I then tried a WAP page. It connected with no problems.

I then tried both pages with Blazer.... timeout, no connections.

I then tried a WAP browser on the Treo (came with the Tungsten T) ... timeout, no connections.

I can now confirm that web connections work great with AvantGo with the $4.99 TZones plan.

Solves my problems without having to use the $19.99 unlimited internet plan. This works until a new barrier is put in place by TMobile...

I'm trying to use T-Zone on my Treo 600. I did contacted T-mo Tech guys, and they all told me that Treo is not supposed to work on T-Zone.

Then I read this thread and downloaded AvantGo on my Treo.Now I got stuck. I don't know how to set it up. If you or anybody know the followings please drop a post. Thanks.

AvantGo Setting for Treo 600-TZone
    1.Server Address
    2. Port
    3. User Name (is this the same one i use to access t-mobile website?)
    4. Password (is this the same one i use to access t-mobile website?)
    5. check or uncheck "Refresh all content"
    6. check or uncheck "Use Secure Connection"

LittleRiver
    Four the last 2 months since I got my treo my t-zones and verichat have been working well. All of a sudden it can't connect to it. Has t-zones blocked verichat and mundu im? I can't go on IRC either. But I can go on the web and check my e-mail.
    Well I called t-mobile and they finally caught on... they said they put a firewall to block certain sites or services like verichat. Oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by xanax
    Well I called t-mobile and they finally caught on... they said they put a firewall to block certain sites or services like verichat. Oh well
    Looks like it's true....

No more shoutcast for me except for WYNC NY. Port 80

GRRR!!!!

Someone out there needs to proxy all the shortcast stations to port 80. That'll teach 'em!
    i can still connect to verichat, and evert thing else.

with 4.99 plan
    It make you think that T-Mo is doing the block per account. Some users report access for all using just the T-Zone account.
    The block has been happening by market. My ports are wide open at the moment in the Cincinnati, OH area.
    I live in Southern California, and I'm in same situation, I get GPRS green arrows, but blazer no longer works. Can not use snappermail either to download Pop3 mail.

I also tried Avantgo as suggested by some others here, no good.

Has anyone else found another solution? Or do we have to sign up for the $19.99 plan?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oclin627
    I live in Southern California, and I'm in same situation, I get GPRS green arrows, but blazer no longer works. Can not use snappermail either to download Pop3 mail.

I also tried Avantgo as suggested by some others here, no good.

Has anyone else found another solution? Or do we have to sign up for the $19.99 plan?

Thanks
    Where in southern california? I'm in Santa Barbara, and have had no problems lately. I used to have the 19.99 plan, but recently cancelled it.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast