Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Has anyone compared their 600's reception and signal quality with a previous T-Mobile phone like the Moto V300? More or less incidences of dropped calls, etc.....

Frank
    Compared with my basic Nokia phone, the Treo 600 has noticably better reception.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I switch back and forth with my SE T610 and I find the reception to be about the same. I also had a Samsung E715 that had a little better reception than the Treo. I find that usually Samsung's have superior reception.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses. I got one and it appears to be as good or better than my V300.

Frank
    I had a color Side Kick and the Treo 600 is far better.
    My Treo 600 with tMobile is a bit better than the Treo 270 with tMobile. My house is positioned poorly to cell towers, and the Treo 300 with Sprint wouldn't get a signal at all inside. The 270 worked in several corners of the house, particularly on 2nd floor, and the 600 extends reception a couple of paces in from the outside walls, upstairs and downstairs. Don't know if it's improved battery, antenna or what. It's great to have the setting of "If cell phone is out of range, forward call to... home number."
    I currently have a TMO: Color SideKick, Treo 600, and Motorola V300. I get the absolute BEST reception with the MOTO V300--it never fails. Ever. If only it had a qwerty keypad... I bought as an "interim" phone while I was waiting for the T600 to come out because the CSK Suuuuuucks. Treo reception is a little "****le", but not nearly as much as the SideKick was.

Woops, typo. I meant "fickle".
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. As I said above I can't tell any difference in reception between the V300 and T600. Both are better than my VZ T600 but mostly because of a closer tower for T-Mobile. I did like most things about the V300 except the Phonebook with one entry/number and the terrible "Find" function. Also I had a lot of trouble with the keys in the dark especially. For me the T600 is much better all around. Now I wish the 650 would hurry up and get here and not suffer from the quality control problems of the T600s. But one can't depend on wishes....

Frank
    I told a TMO rep today that coverage in Colorado just plain blows. I have been with them since 97 and in 17 otherstates I couldn't be happier. Rural New Mexico and Kansas are better than Colorado's front range.

I just tolerate it.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I haven't used mine anywhere in NM outside the I25 corridor, the ABQ area, around Santa Fe, Espanola, and Los Alamos but it has been great in those areas. I live near Placitas and I get strong signals everywhere around there. I think it is just a recent change though because I had Voicestream several years back and it was pretty bad at my house then. We are going to southeastern NM next week near Ruidoso so I expect to have signal dropout a lot down there. But there is a tower in Ruidoso so it might be better than I think.

Frank
    TMob is great in Northern and Central NJ...how are the other carriers in this area?