1.    #1  
    Anyone here use a treo 600 in Saratoga county?
    Looking for a carrier recomendation.
    I live in Clifton Park. I use T-Mo and have since my Treo 180. There are a few dead spots, but all in all, not too bad. Verizon seems to have better coverage, though. Signal strength in my house is quite poor.
    Sprint has decent coverage as far north as Lake George as long as you stay somewhat near the interstates, and for unlimited data their $15/month can't be beat. Besides, the CDMA Treo is much faster than the GSM model.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by northward
    Sprint has decent coverage as far north as Lake George as long as you stay somewhat near the interstates, and for unlimited data their $15/month can't be beat. Besides, the CDMA Treo is much faster than the GSM model.
    I live in clifton park as well, I had sprint a few years back and my coverage was spotty. Especially in my house. Verizon is also spotty which is why I was looking at GSM. Any idea if Sprint has done any network expansions?
    I couldn't tell you what they've done specifically to Saratoga County, as I've just recently moved back to the area, but their tower expansion over the past several years has been rather aggressive. For example, two years ago they had virtually no service whatosever in Vermont or north of Glens Falls in NYS, but they now have the US4 and US7 corridor covered from Glens Falls through Whitehall to Rutland, north through Middlebury to the Champlain Valley spanning from Burlington to Plattsburgh:

http://tinyurl.com/3zxzd