1.    #1  
    I want to purchase a Treo600 for my uncle as a b-day gift. He's been a Cingular customer in CA for a number of years, with several lines. Amazon lists the Treo 600 w/Cingular for $300, so I called Cingular customer service and then sales and they won't do a thing to match the price or give any sort of discount. I was wondering if anybody knew how to "convince" them? I can't put the "retention" button as I am not the account holder...

Thanks,

Stas
    Quote Originally Posted by stasomatic
    I want to purchase a Treo600 for my uncle as a b-day gift. He's been a Cingular customer in CA for a number of years, with several lines. Amazon lists the Treo 600 w/Cingular for $300, so I called Cingular customer service and then sales and they won't do a thing to match the price or give any sort of discount. I was wondering if anybody knew how to "convince" them? I can't put the "retention" button as I am not the account holder...

Thanks,

Stas
    I will be dead honest with you here as a Cingular customer. I am extremely frustrated with them. Data plans are expensive, the network is not great at all (always dropping calls here in Detroit area), and they can't get a bill right to save their lives. Not to mention the slower data speeds. If I had to do it all over again, it would be Sprint in a heart beat. No questions asked.

I was so frustrated with Cingular that I was actually going to cancel my plan shortly after my treo purchase and switch to T-mobile or AT&T. Well, it would have been 150 to cancel, plus I'd have to turn in my phone that I paid $500 for. According to them, as I had not fulfilled my contract, the phone was still Cingular property and as I had not paid full price (discounted with service plan) I would have to return it. Needless to say, I'm regretably still with Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice
    I was so frustrated with Cingular that I was actually going to cancel my plan shortly after my treo purchase and switch to T-mobile or AT&T. Well, it would have been 150 to cancel, plus I'd have to turn in my phone that I paid $500 for. According to them, as I had not fulfilled my contract, the phone was still Cingular property and as I had not paid full price (discounted with service plan) I would have to return it.
    I think they were lying or misinformed. I've never heard of such a thing. The $150 early termination fee would cover the carrier subsidization. If you're willing to pay that fee, the phone should be yours to keep. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and Cingular has such an insane agreement.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I think they were lying or misinformed. I've never heard of such a thing. The $150 early termination fee would cover the carrier subsidization. If you're willing to pay that fee, the phone should be yours to keep. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and Cingular has such an insane agreement.

Scott
    Scott, I read my Cingular agreement pretty closely, and you are correct there is no clause that requires you to return the phone.

As to using a Treo on Cingular, I couldn't be happier. I went with Sprint at first as their total cost woth a data plan was less, but the coverage at home was poor. I returned the Sprint phone and went with Cingular. I've never dropped a call, and the MEdiaworks plan with unlimited Internet for $19.99 is great.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Garp,

As a AT&T, and soon to be Cingular, user, I keep hearing about the MEdiaworks plan. I can't find it on their website. Is it still open for new customers?
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Garp,

Nevermind! I just saw your post on another thread. Thanks for the scoop.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Cingular in Cali has been great for me. MediaWorks, especially when AT&T and Cingular merger bring the high speed EDGE network to Cingular customers, is an unbeatable data/SMS/MMS plan.
    Off to iPhone land...