1.    #1  
    I'm thinking of switching providers from AT&T to either T-Mobile or Cingular, and I need some advice, please.

I live in Los Angeles, and currently use a Treo 600 with AT&T. As a film producer, I travel around the US and Europe quite a bit. I'm a heavy voice and data user. Everything works great. But my family is mostly on T-Mobile, and I'd like to take advantage of free mobile-to-mobile minutes, and T-Mobile's pricing is better, too. In fact, it seems that Cingular is even better priced.

In terms of service, which is the best GSM net? AT&T, T-Mobile, or Cingular?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    T-Mobile gets my vote due to prcing plans and customer service. I think the biggest thing to consider is whether you will get suffcient coverage where you spend the most time. I actually get fairly spotty service at home but everywhere else the coverage is good. Since I don't rely on my T600 at home I live with the service.
  3.    #3  
    Does anyone have any experience with Cingular. I'm wondering about their voice AND data coverage...
    All good here in central Indiana with Cingular... If you look at their GSM/GPRS maps, you'll see why Cingular has nearly total coverage here. I love it on the Treo 600.

Todd/Indianapolis
    SilverScreen - a friend of mine in LA gave up his Cingular plan due to the dropped calls, spotty coverage, etc. He went to AT&T and found things exactly the same. When I went out there to visit, I found I had flawless coverage with my T-Mo, and my data connection didn't drop at all.
    Something you might want to think about is international roaming or use of the phone in Europe. I like the fact that it's very easy and cheap to SMS people internationally on T-Mobile.

TXdot - you might want to check out my tip here about using T-mo at home with spotty coverage.
    I am on T-Mobile and travel extensively in the USA. VERY happy with their service and data coverage.
  8.    #8  
    What kind of data speed are you getting on T-Mobile?
    Data speed is slow, but it is consistant and reliable. I use PdaNet all day long for a 56k connection. Again, it's not broadband, but it's not meant to be.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertruelan
    TXdot - you might want to check out my tip here about using T-mo at home with spotty coverage.
    Thanks for the tip.