1.    #1  
    anyone else have Cingular web access? I support a number of Treo 600's and one of them keeps trying to connect to Cingular Express and never completes whenever the user tries to open the web. However I can pull the SIM card out, and put it back in, and it will connect fine for about a day, but then it starts trying to connect to cingular express again.

Thanks.
    3 thoughts:

bad SIM--have Cingular replace it and see what happens.

bad provisioning--have Cingular tech support check the provisioning (WIreless Internet Express/WIX vs. MEdia plans).

bad location--I occasionally find myself in a bad GPRS area and lose the little black triangle. I can either wait a bit, move to a better location, or cycle the radio.

Let us know what you find.
    Cingular GPRS seems to be down here in Indianapolis this afternoon. Power cycling and SIM removal don't help a bit. I'm getting an unusual number of network busys and when I called 611 the hold was so long I finally gave up. I think there are definite technical issues right now.

Todd/Indianapolis
    I get it often (once every 2 days or so) where trying to connect via GPRS will hang on connecting. A soft reset, then retry connecting has worked each time.

Hasn't been inconvenient enough to call tech support...

-WC-
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Problem was a network issue with Cingular GPRS and has been fixed (at least for me ...)
    ditto here...
    New to Cingular wireless (about 2 months now). Is there any setting to make on the T6 so that the wireless connection does not time out. I'm using MediaWorks.
    I may have found my solution...

I used the .3 short-cut to turn off the auto-off function. Since then, my connection has stayed live--even through going out of coverage temporarily on an elevator.

Perhaps the auto-off event has some effect on the Network status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktigre
    anyone else have Cingular web access? I support a number of Treo 600's and one of them keeps trying to connect to Cingular Express and never completes whenever the user tries to open the web. However I can pull the SIM card out, and put it back in, and it will connect fine for about a day, but then it starts trying to connect to cingular express again.

Thanks.
    I have been successful in using a Cingular SIM in a Treo 600, generic, unlocked, gsm.

I have the unlimited MediaWorks Package on my account.

I can connect to GPRS with no problems.

I have a problem though with web access.

I can not connect to a web address with the built in Web Browser.

I can only connect using the browser in AvantGo.

Does anyone know what needs to be adjusted to get Web Browser to connect?
    Problem solved by removing the TMobile Proxy Settings in preferences...

Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    I have been successful in using a Cingular SIM in a Treo 600, generic, unlocked, gsm.

I have the unlimited MediaWorks Package on my account.

I can connect to GPRS with no problems.

I have a problem though with web access.

I can not connect to a web address with the built in Web Browser.

I can only connect using the browser in AvantGo.

Does anyone know what needs to be adjusted to get Web Browser to connect?