Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm looking for confirmation from folks in the area, before I call T-mobile and rant.

Is anybody else in Pittsburgh using the $4.99 T-Zones plan on a 600, able to use other apps besides e-mail and web (VeriChat 2.23b, SSH, netClock). Those 3 apps have been 100% un-usable for me for about 2 weeks now, but e-mail and web work fine. (even SSL web still works (port 443))

I'm trying to collect as much info as possible before calling them. Thanks! (and thanks, treocentral)
    the only ports that i know of that are open on that tplan are 80, 25, and 110. you can get a special version of verichat for the tzones, search the board.
    <a href="http://www.intarweb-master.blogspot.com"target="blank">My Blog</a>
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Sorry I should have provided more detail...

They all worked before with the $4.99 plan, they just recently stopped working. Also it is no longer required to get a specific version of VeriChat for T-Zones support, since it was added to the normal, public version. (again, I was using it for some time with no problem)

But recently everything stopped working, except mail and web access. I need to confirm if it's just me, my area, or everyone on the $4.99 plan.
    Verichat IS working on my $4.99 T Zones @ the Jersey Shore with full web browsing

I have a Treo 270...
    Use the old "free wap" settings
    Use browser , conect to the web and then switch to verichat right away and you will see if the issue is in your verichat settings
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Well I just got off the phone with T-Mobile. The guy said "T-Zones was never intended for the Treo 600 and I'm supposed to have the full $19.99 plan for anything to work at all."

This is just so much crap. I purchased verichat based on the demo that worked fine with T-Zones, then they close the ports. And it's not even everybody - it seems to be just me having this problem.

I might have considered going with the $19.99 plan, but after that phone call I don't want to give them a dime.
    get t-zones 4.99 version and the verichat version 2.23 i think and you will be good to go.
    Rippey
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile
    Honda CBR600RR
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    heheh one more time... I *have* the 4.99 plan and 2.23, and it worked for weeks, and now it doesn't - at all - for 5 full days now. I am officially offline except for basic browsing and email, with the 4.99 plan.
    aye... t-mobile is toying with the ports again. here in nashville... one day the ports are open, the next day they aren't.
    If your verichat goes, out, and if you just had trial or demo version. it lasts opnly 15 days before "cannot connect to server" message

Delete it off of Treo, reinstall on a hot sync and try again...

That trial period goes fast and it faked me out 2 weeks ago

You might be pleasantly surprised and make sure you have the New Treo version, posted recently in this forum. Just use the search function here
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    No I have a purchased license. That's why I'm so upset - I bought it after testing it on T-Zones and finding out that it worked, and now it doesn't because of T-Mobile's inability to pick a direction.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Ok so here's what I've found out. Apparently you *do* still need a special version of VeriChat to work on T-Zones. The reason I didn't think so before was because T-Mobile "accidentally" opened all the ports on the 4.99 plan at the exact same time I was testing VeriChat, so my brain said "hey the t-zone support code is in the public release now!" Well that wasn't the case, it was just lousy timing. PDAApps provided me with the latest (2.26) T-Zones version of VeriChat and I'm up and running with AIM again. (And apparently the over-the-air-auto-update is smart enough to only update to T-Zones specific versions - sweet)

However this still doesn't change the fact that T-mobile needs to get their act together and stop the port-shuffling. grrr.